Candidia vent…needing some encouragement.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candidia vent…needing some encouragement.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  carrotflowers 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Kiss Of Dawn
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Ok…this is a long story, so bare with me. I’m a 20-year old college student, majorly healthy. I’ve never had any real major health issues, or extreme issues with candida. I have, in my past, had some gas issues and occasional stomach cramping, but nothing I couldn’t live with. It was always fixed with a little fiber and some water. Quite recently, over the summer (about 5-6 months ago), I decided to become healthier. I started trying to eat better and exercise more. I road my bike everywhere, did yoga, and walked a lot. I was in pretty good health. Then in September, I started taking birth control. I thought it might help my acne problem, but in the long run it ended up making it twice as bad. I got some frequent migraines months after taking it. My eyes would get blurry right before it happened. The migraines never lasted long, but the sure did bother me. About December, the Christmas rush hit. I’m a cashier in a retail store, so I was constantly working and extremely stressed out. I would get so tired from work, so I ate a lot of fast food because I didn’t want to make anything. I also stopped the yoga/exercise because I didn’t have a lot of time or energy to do it. I remember thinking to myself the last week of the holidays, “I’m going to get sick. I just know it.” I usually do, because the holidays always ware me out. Sure enough, the first week of January I get a sinus infection. That didn’t last long, and it went away on it’s own. About a week later, I started getting a pain in my right ear…which turned out to be tooth pain from a bottom molar that I cracked months before. It had never hurt before that. Apparently food had gotten inside and decayed, thus causing pain. I was taking some mild pain relievers to ease it. I went to the dentist and he said I had two options…I could get it pulled or get a root canal. I obviously chose to save the tooth. He then put me on some antibiotics and sent me on my way. I didn’t have any problems while I was on them, until about the last couple of days. I noticed after taking it, my cheeks would get a little red and I would feel warm. I never really put much though into, and continued taking it the last few days. Then after I stopped taking it, the same molar on the other side started hurting, which was also a little broken. So now I had two painful teeth on each side of my mouth. At that time I was in so much pain. I started taking some stronger painkillers, and if I wasn’t on the, I would be miserable. Only thing was that I felt really woozy on the painkillers, because they were so strong…but at least I didn’t feel the pain. A week after stopping the antibiotics, I got really sick at work. I felt faint and nauseated. I ended up going to the hospital, but they couldn’t tell me what was wrong. They assumed my teeth were infected and were poisoning me. I made an emergency appointment with my dentist, and he did the root canal on the first tooth and gave me more antibiotics. The next day I was soooo sick and in sooo much pain. I made another emergency appointment a few days later, he fixed the root canal tooth and gave me a lower dose of antibiotics. I felt a little better after that, but still not very good. I ended up getting both teeth pulled the following week. The first days were miserable because I couldn’t eat much, but then I started to feel better a little. The only problem was that I still felt extremely exhausted and my vision was hazy and very sensitive to light. Later that week, I stopped using my antibiotics because I thought I was having an allergic reaction. My face got really pink, I had a fever, my skin felt like it was burning, my tongue was yellow and fury, and my lymph nodes were a little swollen. I started feeling a little better after I stopped them. I finally decided to go online and find out what the hell was going on with me and why I still felt this way after my infected teeth were gone. Somebody had mentioned candida, and I seemed to have a good portion of the symptoms. It made complete sense. I never went to the doctor to find out, since I don’t have money/health insurance. I was positive it was what I had. I looked up how to get rid of it, and I saw something about the candida diet. At first I didn’t take it very seriously, because I was starting to get a little better (other than the fatigue). I thought since I was feeling better that I didn’t have to go on the strict diet. I would just take some probiotics, some garlic pills and some vitamin C, and it would all go away. Wrongo! I started back to work two weeks ago, and since then I’ve been feeling a bit worse. I started getting a little sinus infection and I was so tired that I could barely function. Then, about 3 days ago I actually started the candida diet. I stopped eating sugars and yeasty foods, and stuck to salads, proteins, lots of water, unsweetened Kifer (probiotic yogurt drink), and I started taking Culturelle. I’m also trying to work yoga back in. I felt really good the day I started it, but since then I’ve been really drained, my vision is fuzzy, and I crave food like CRAZY! I get really exhausted, especially after eating, and sometimes my skin gets tingly or warm. I don’t know if this is because I haven’t been sleeping as well lately, or because I’m experiencing some kind of die-off. I’m just really frustrated and stressed out. I feel like I’ve been walking in a daydream for two months. I hate it! All I want is my energy and my life back. I miss being able to concentrate and go out an have fun. I miss my friends so much, and I hate having to tell them I can’t see them because I’m too exhausted. I just want to feel alive again. I want to feel like my old, bubbly, hyper, happy self. It doesn’t help that this winter has been so long and depressing. Also, my 21st b-day is in two and a half months, and I’m going to be very disappointing if I can’t drink on the day I turn legal. I just need a little bit of encouragement, or any thoughts or advise. Thanks for listening…

Kiss Of Dawn

Ok, so now it’s day 4 of the candida diet. I went to work, still feeling very tired. It was freezing today! That definitely didn’t make me feel any better. My chest was in pain (especially left side), my nose was sniffly, my left arm was cramped and feeling numb. Is that die-off I’m experiencing? Is that normal? Do symptoms get worse when you’re cold? Just wondering…

kelandu
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 63

you poor thing , your going through a really hard time. I cant say you have candida but the fact you tried the diet and felt worse tells me you may have. Its amazing what it can do to you. All I can say is stick to it if you can because if you are right then you will heal in time. Im on week 13 of the diet and I only started getting my health back 10 weeks ago. Its a tough one to get through but you are not alone. Keep strong, you are on the right track
    love kelly

Kiss Of Dawn

Thank you! I appreciate the comment! Any encouragement is definitely needed. I’m a baby when it comes to illness. lol!

Today(day 5) I started out not feeling so well, especially when I was at school. I finally went to the bathroom, since I have been a bit constipated since I started the diet. When I went, I noticed clear fluid coming from my vaginal area. I think that’s a good thing, though…according to my research. My tongue is still a bit yellow and furry in the back, but the front is clearing up a bit. After my classes were over, I decided to hit the cafeteria. They really didn’t have a whole lot of options for me to eat. I ended up bending my diet a little and had a yogurt parfait…it consisted of yogurt, cinnamon granola, and a couple blueberries on top. I thought it couldn’t hurt. I had a little hard time swallowing the granola, since my throat has been a bit sore lately. Then somehow I felt a little better after eating it…weird. I actually felt good enough to go to the grocery store and shop for more food for myself. I bought coconut oil (I heard it kills candida), some unsweetened almond milk, more yogurt, some herbal tea, and more cinnamon granola. I even stopped at the salad bar and ate a delicious anti-candida meal. When I came home, I went for an hour and a half walk. It was very chilly out, but I bundled up real good. I very much enjoyed the fresh air, especially since I’ve been cooped up inside all winter. I ran into my mom’s friend on the walk, and turns out she’s going through the same thing. She took some antibiotics and ended up with a candida infection…go figure! She told me she used Colloidal(sp?) Silver. She said it cleared her up real fast. I’m thinking about looking in to it. This could help me! I’m hoping this “good” feeling is a sign I’m getting better and not just a temporary thing.

Wish me luck!

kelandu

you sound really determined to get through this which is great, so many fall at the first hurdle. All the awful symptoms you get on the diet are usually die off and once you get through that it gets a little better each day. Stick to it. im glad I found the info I needed cause no doctor believes this is real and how much it can take from you.
    Ive never tried the silver but heard good reports from others that have. Its amazing how luch you change on this diet, you see ‘normal’ food as poisons and start looking at better ways to eat for good. I dont think i will ever touch a macdoanlds again lol.
    The worse bit is traveling because there are so few places where you can eat so i just eat before i go or take a packed lunch. very annoying lol . x

Kiss Of Dawn

Yeah, finding food to eat has become an adventure for me…especially at the college cafeteria. Although, today they did have a pretty good medley of stuff to eat. I had chicken with brown rice and steamed broccoli. Pretty tasty! Also, I made a breakfast combo this morning. I put my granola in a bowl(I have become addicted to granola!), poured the Kefir yogurt on top, and sprinkled flax seeds on it. It was AMAZING! Dinner was a little more challenging, seeing as I only had an hour to go home, eat, change, and leave for work…so all I had was canned green beans and unsweetened almond milk. I also bought some of that colloidal silver today. It’s a throat spray that you take once a day. I really hope it works. I did feel a bit better today, especially since it’s been so sunny out. That definitely helps. Well…off to work!

kelandu

let me know how you get on with the collodial silver. Ive not tasted granola yet but will try that i think. You will look back one day and realise you have completely changed the way you view food. i do now lol. I feel sick when i see greasy burgers and im glad I eat better, it can only help in the long run x

Kiss Of Dawn

So, it’s almost been two weeks since I started the diet. I’m starting to feel a little improvement, but I still get tired and foggy-minded/visioned yet. Since taking the colloidal silver, my thrush is looking much better. I still have a little yeast and some red bumps on the back of my tongue, but I’m hoping it will go away soon. I have to admit, I did cheat last Friday. I went to a birthday party and had a slice of pizza. It didn’t make me feel too bad, other than some indigestion…but I probably shouldn’t have eaten it nonetheless. It was either eat that or starve. I do find myself craving chocolate, especially with all the stores filled to the brim with Easter candy. I also crave pastry-type stuff…muffins, danishes, pies. Also pasta, but that’s only because I’m a HUGE pasta eater. I’ve been going on walks a lot, since the weather has been a bit more pleasant. Unfortunately it’s not going to stay that way, since we’re getting snow later this week. Looks like it’s going to be a cold Spring break.
    It’s been a slow recovery, but I’m hoping that the worst is over with now…granted I don’t cheat too much. It’s really hard no to, though. I live with my dad, and all he eats is junk food, so it’s always there staring me in the face, taunting me. “Eat me, eat me!” lol! I’m trying my best to hold my ground, but I’m not sure how much longer I can stand this diet. Although I have become highly addicted to yogurt and granola, I’m starting to get sick of salads and veggies. Don’t get me wrong, I love veggies…but I need some more flavor! It wouldn’t be so bad if I could eat potatoes. I love potatoes! I just want to be able to eat normally again. It’s not like I eat junk food all the time, I mean I’m kind of a health nut as it is…but this diet is ridiculous. I’ve lost so much weight, and I’m tiny! I think I only weigh 98lbs right now. I used to weigh 110. My friends are concerned for me because they say I look sick. It’s scary. I need to pile on some more weight, but I can’t with this “thing” inside me. But hey, what am I gonna do. All I can do is be patient and wait it out. I guess I’ll get by.

jereseib
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

Just hang in there. I wouldnt worry too much about losing weight. I found that once my body started digesting better that the weight will come back. You can also try things such as avocados, almonds, and beef to up your calorie intake. These are all high calorie foods that are allowed on the diet. Good luck!

carrotflowers
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 7

Hi there! I have somewhat of a similar story (although yours sounds a little more extreme!) I had severe tonsilitis from last August until the end of November, when I eventually had them taken out. Before and after surgery, I was on several rounds of antibiotics, which then gave me oral thrush when recovering from surgery. I took a prescribed antifungal for it, but it never seemed to go away…

I kept getting sick, had to stay home from work for several days each month, and miss out on lots of get-togethers with friends. I assumed I was still recovering from the surgery, even though five months had passed.

So I finally diagnosed myself, and have been sugar-free for almost two weeks, and feel amazingly better. I didn’t feel like I experienced “die off” since my symptoms were beginning to flare up anyway… but I did feel way more tired and foggy, had cold/sinus symptoms, and lots of breakouts on my face. All of those things went away on the 7th or 8th day.

I am getting a little antsy though, and sick of salads! (I’m also dreading Easter, when my family has the habit of over-stocking sweets…)

Something that I found also helps is keeping a journal of what you’ve been eating and doing to help, and what your symptoms have been each day. Being able to look back and see the progress you’ve made is super helpful, and motivating! If you can handle it, start out with some sort of mild exercise, and work your way up to some cardio about 3 times a week. It really makes a difference energy-wise, and helps sweat away the toxins!

I think this website is great, and with the help of everyone’s support and motivation, we’ll be able to stick to it! Best of luck! xx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Candidia vent…needing some encouragement.’ is closed to new replies.