Candidase- cellulase and protease. yay or nay?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Candidase- cellulase and protease. yay or nay?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fireman22 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Okay, so my first week on the forum I bought a bunch of herbal and other to get a handle on the candida.

One of things I got was Candidase (cellulase and protease)
    I read somewhere here that this isnt helpful, and only took one dose.

Upon further reading , there are posts that say its okay and works on biofilms.

All it is, is cellulase and protease.

Since I am at a point where I am okay with some sugars/carbs in minute amounts (like occasional beans or toast) I am not especially concerned with the convert of fiber to sugar, since I believe I read it doesnt happen in large amounts AND you cant really starve candida anyway since it can adapt to eat all kinds of things.

Any strong opinions?

Since probiotics disagree with me, I have to try something else.

Vegan Catlady

Spent hour reading nothing but reviews, this doesnt make sense if you are trying to repopulate the gut with good bacteria.

If it breaks down the fiber that good bacteria need to ferment and bloom, then it its self-defeating,no?

fireman22
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 12

I’ve been using virastop + candidase on an empty stomach and also digestive enzymes with food. Pretty good results so far but I cleared up a lot of my candida(or whatever is wrong with me) with antifungals and the like before starting these.

It’s only been a couple weeks since I started taking them but so far I like the results, hopefully it sticks when I’m through with the candidase and virastop. I will most likely just stick to probiotics and normal digestive enzymes for a bit afterwards.

Vegan Catlady

Do you find it makes your tummy feel weird to take it?

I was uncomfortable, it was gurgly and felt like it was foaming lol.

Does that go away? or maybe the dose was a good dose for you and too much for me ?

I hope you testify later on when your completely cleared up on your protocol 🙂

fireman22

I don’t recall feeling too uncomfortable when I started candidase. I only started using 1 pill instead of 2 at a time and worked my way up. I was always bloated and using enzymes seemed to work the best for that.

Maybe you should try sticking with it a bit longer and see if gurgly/uncomfortable feeling goes away. Remember to take at least 2 hours after or an hour before a meal. I’m not using any antifungals besides this, enzymes and probiotics so maybe those are having an effect on it? I don’t take any supplements within that time frame either and try to let the candidase + virastop do their job.

Vegan Catlady

fireman22;54781 wrote: I don’t recall feeling too uncomfortable when I started candidase. I only started using 1 pill instead of 2 at a time and worked my way up. I was always bloated and using enzymes seemed to work the best for that.

Maybe you should try sticking with it a bit longer and see if gurgly/uncomfortable feeling goes away. Remember to take at least 2 hours after or an hour before a meal. I’m not using any antifungals besides this, enzymes and probiotics so maybe those are having an effect on it? I don’t take any supplements within that time frame either and try to let the candidase + virastop do their job.

I find it interesting that your keeping it simple.

I think thats smart.

So many people on so many supplements that its hard to know what exactly is helping, and what is just getting in the way.

Let us know how it turns out.

fireman22

Whenever I use too much I just get really bloated and constipated(which makes me feel pretty awful) so I try not to use too much at once. I think it’s just too much for your system to handle especially since we are treating ourselves for months and months. At least it seems that way for me.

It’s been a real slow battle for me but I am definitely feeling better. When I first tried probiotics I didn’t feel any difference. After I felt a little better with using antifungals I tried probiotics again and finally noticed a positive effect, so I keep on trying out new things. I just try to make sure I’m not using too many things at once so I’ll swap stuff out.

Hope you get better it’s hard to learn this stuff on your own!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Candidase- cellulase and protease. yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.