Candida vs parasites vs leaky gut

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida vs parasites vs leaky gut

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hal123 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

TomC
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 17

I was wondering if anyone with experience knows of any real signs of how to know the difference between many of the diseases, conditions or syndromes that have common symptoms.

I think I have candida overgrowth because after I had severe diarrhea I’m guessing I lost my good bacteria and my diet high in sugar and dairy caused an overgrowth shorty after. However, before I had even heard of candida, I thought I had parasites because the symptoms seem to be similar. I read raw carrots kill parasites so I started eating raw carrots like crazy and my stomach felt MUCH better (no more gas bubble, no more cramping etc) except I had started getting really light headed and dizzy so I cut back. I just assumed the carrots were causing the parasites to die off. In the very beginning, ANYTHING I ate caused a super gassy reaction but the carrots were a huge turning point. But after adding more regular foods to my diet my stomach issues came back but much more mildly, and throughout this whole time my stools stayed loose. Haven’t had a healthy or normal bowel movement for two months since the diarrhea from an infection I had. My doctor is making me take a 2nd stool test but I guess those aren’t too accurate.
    Anyway, then I thought I had leaky gut, then back to thinking a bacterial infection, now candida, then theirs also some who talk about toxic livers and toxic colons, or this idea that the carrots were just cleaning my gut of built up toxins, sugar withdrawls etc. or maybe its all of thee above and I’m just screwed. I’m seriously hoping now that it is not candida because after reading the forum it sounds like a hell of a time getting rid of it.

Anyway, any tips or signs to look for?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its very difficult to say what you have over the internet, etc and tests can be inconclusive…its very difficult to prove you have parasites or candida overgrowth through testing…metamatrix labs has a good test you can do that costs a bunch of $.

The way I look at it is that every single person has candida and has parasites. We all have parasites but at different amounts and not everyone has the fungal pathogenic form of candida (it switches from the yeast state to an unhealthy fungal version). But everyone needs candida the yeast to survive; there is no way to completely rid yourself of candida or parasites. If you killed off all of the candida in your body, you would likely die.

But you can reduce the numbers and hopefully reverse its fungal form numbers, your immune system can recover.

I have both candida and parasites personally and killing parasites is very similar to how you kill candida. There is a few things to do differently, but not too much.

This diet in general is a very good healing diet and will get your immune system stronger. So regardless of whether you have candida or not, you can likely get healed just by diet alone (IMHO). I feel that if you can get the gut stronger, then you can battle just about any immune system problem that you may face.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Also, do you know whether you have leaky gut or not? Are you allergic to any foods? In my opinion, if you are allergic to anything you likely have leaky gut.

-raster

TomC

I really don’t know if I have leaky gut, it was just a guess. Just like I still don’t know if I have parasites or candida overgrowth.

I do know that when my original symptoms showed, it was right after drinking a big glass of milk. It caused cramping in my lower abdomen. After a few weeks I started to break out in with an itchy skin rash and when I quit drinking milk, the itchy rash went away. My doctor suspected that I was lactose intolerant but after staying lactose and dairy free for over a month, my digestive issues were still continuing. Just not as severe.

After stopping myself from drinking milk, I had no more severe cramps or major skin rash. But I still had gas bubbles in my gut after each meal. The gas bubbles didn’t stop until I started eating raw carrots. At the time I suspected I had parasites. The weird thing is that even though my stomach feels a lot better (not 100% better) my stools still won’t forum normally which worries me. I don’t know if it was switching to a sugar free diet or taking much more probiotics is what is helping my symptoms right now though.

I seen a GI doctor and she says she didn’t think this sounded like I have IBS or any of the major known digestive diseases. She thinks that sometimes after people have an infection with severe diarrhea that their intestines get a bit damaged and it becomes hard for the it to digest certain foods supposedly for lack of enzymes. She told me it could take time to heal. I have heard that milk, especially casein ( I drank too much casein protein powder) is hard to digest. I have NO idea if she is right, and reading all this stuff about candida, leaky gut, parasites has me losing my mind trying to find the right diet, meanwhile I lost 40lbs. I don’t have faith in a lot of doctors so maybe that’s why I spend a lot of time worrying.

Hal123
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 47

Hi Guys,

I’m finding myself asking exactly the same question, do I have parasites, candida, or leaky gut, or (more likely) all three?

You mentioned there are some differences in the diet for parasites, could you give me the details of these?

I think I probably have got all three problems, but I’m not quite sure how to get better. I’ve been doing the diet from the website for over a month now, and have been feeling much less bloated, my skin is no longer dry, my acne has completely cleared up and I have much fewer problems with cystitis, however I’m now starting to be tired all the time again so I’m wondering if my anti fungals are stopping working. From your other posts I know they stop being effective after a while.

I’m taking a variety of natural ones from BioCare, including graprefruit oil extract, garlic, oregano, clove, cinnamon, and some strong pro biotics. I was already on a macrobiotic diet before this and so haven’t really had any die off symptoms, but I get headaches, exhaustion, mood swings etc if I have the tiniest thing that has sugar or chemical sweeteners in it.

I have such a strong reaction to most foods that I feel like I’m trapped in an incredibly restrictive diet. I’m intolerant to sugar, gluten, lactose, soya, shellfish, strawberries, oranges and probably some other things I’ve forgotten, and I’m not really sure whether just that fact that I can’t have any of these on a candida diet is the main thing that is helping.

I haven’t had sugar cravings for ages, but now they seem to be coming back again. I’ve got a history of asthma and chest infections which means I was on anti biotics and steriods from a young age, and have also taken the birth control pill, and been travelling to foreign countries where I could have picked up parasites. I’ve had hair tests done that show I’m depleted in my minerals, and did have high levels of heavy metals in my system but these have mostly now been dealt with.

Predictably doctors keep telling me there’s nothing wrong with me because my organs aren’t failing, I’m not visibly dying and there isn’t anything they can cut off, so I’ve ended up here through doing my own research.

Any suggestions welcome! Able900, I’ve emailed you to ask for your more rigid diet. I think they one on this site isn’t quite cutting it for me.

Thanks for listening.

Hal123

TomC

Yeah I drive myself crazy trying to figure out what I have. The diet on this site seems to help a lot. Hard to tell though if its because it is a healthy diet or if I have candida overgrowth. Symptoms of intestinal parasites and candida seem to be exactly the same as well as the die off. I definitely have die off symptoms such as lightheaded feelings,brain fog and now weird skin break outs all over the body. Brain fog seems to be gone lately but skin issues are still here about two weeks into being sugar free. I still hope it is not candida and maybe my gut just needs to heal. But are the die off symptoms from candida die off? parasite die off? Or just toxins leaving my system?? Would have leaky gut or toxins built up lead to skin break outs or toxins? The thing is that it sounds like a lot of these syndromes go hand in hand and many people probably have all of them at once.

One thing that I find interesting it that many people report being seriously fatigued when they have parasites, candida, or leaky gut.. That’s the ONE symptom that I don’t have. I have plenty of energy even though I’m barely even eating anymore. I have to restrain myself from working out in the gym again. I have ZERO fatigue.

TomC

I have been getting a red rash on my chest. Is this normal for candida die off?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

TomC wrote: I have been getting a red rash on my chest. Is this normal for candida die off?

Yes, Tom, that can be a die-off symptom. Not so much because it’s on your chest, but a rash can show up anywhere with die-off.

The Candida diet will help you with both a Candida overgrowth as well as parasites. To date I’ve never heard or read of anything that can compete with Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth when it comes to ridding one’s body of parasites. Be sure that it’s “Food Grade.”

Able

TomC

Thanks. I am going to look at up.

Getting rid of parasites sounds hard, but getting rid of candida seems even harder from what I been reading.

raster
    Participant

HAL123: It sounds like you have leaky gut, and you will have to address this as well as the candida. There are quite a few supplements you can take to heal leaky gut specifically, there is a big list.

I’ve managed to cure my leaky gut problems and dont have any allergies anymore. This is after 11 months of the diet and a bunch of supplements for a long time.

In order to determine how high of levels you have of parasites, or candida, you will have to do a stool test which may be inconclusive. The symptoms are about the same and the methods for killing parasites are very similar (dont feed them and kill them with antifungals).

-raster

TomC

My doctor has me doing a 2nd round of stool tests. Let’s say by chance my test comes out positive for either candida or parasites, should I actually take the medication? Or is it not worth the risk?

TomC

I found this written on another site :

quote:”The Big Confusion
    Leaky gut causes many of the severe symptoms of Candida. Removing Candida can often help Leaky Gut; removing Candida often does not heal the Leaky Gut unto itself. After Candida is gone, Leaky Gut is still there and so are the Leaky Gut symptoms. So the person thinks he has Candida. They are right to think it is still Candida because the Candida caused the Leaky Gut and its symptoms in the first place. But After the Candida is gone the Leaky Gut remains so the person still thinks that Candida is there. Well it’s not! And if the person and the Doctor continue to treat the Candida they get no improvement because what they should be treating is the Leaky Gut!

Acidophillus Makes me Sick!
    When one has Leaky Gut they lose their “Mucin Layer’ Mucins protect your intestinal cells and act like a barrier similar to wax on your car or wood floor. When the Mucin layer is gone due to Leaky Gut you may react allergicly to Acidophilus. If Acidophilus makes you bloat, gas, itch, or gives you rashes, hives, flu symptoms and allergy reactions you may have Leaky Gut Syndrome.”

Any input? I recently upped my probiotic intake and now I have a growing itchy rash on my chest. Hard to tell if its candida die off, parasite die off, or a leaky gut reaction.

Also, what do you guys think of “Oxypowder”?

Hal123
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 47

Thanks Tom and Raster,

I completely agree Tom, it’s rubbish not knowing, and it’s probably all three, and it’s going to be a nightmare healing them.

You’re lucky to have high energy levels, mine are none existent at times, though much better when I’m doing lots of exercise. For some reason I have much fewer die off symptoms when I run. I’m assuming this is to do with exercise speeding up my lymphatic system and getting all the toxins out.

That article about leaky gut is interesting. I react to acidophilus too, so I almost certainly have leaky gut. I still don’t know whether I have parasites or candida or both causing it, but since the cure is the same, and my doctors refuse to test me for either (apparently I’d “know” about it if I had parasites, like 80% of food making me sick isn’t a big enough hint…) I’m just going to stock up on that Molybedium stuff, look into the food grade earth and hope for the best.

Thanks Raster, it’s good to know I’m not alone, and that there is hope of a cure. Did you have problems with dairy? I still crave it after 10 years of knowing I can’t eat it.

The main thing I’m finding is helping at the moment is avocados. They seem to make me feel instantly better and apparently they’re an anti inflamatory as well as a gut healer, so maybe they’d work for you too Tom?

I’ve also been reading the other posts on biotin over the weekend, and have realised I’ve had massive brain fog for ages and just didn’t realise it. I’ve stopped taking it for now and feel much more with it. I won’t start again until I get my Moly-stuff.

Do I need to be diagnosed with parasites Raster? the UK healthcare system make me feel like I’m mentally ill or attention seeking.

raster
    Participant

HAL123: If you went to a naturopathic doctor, they could possibly diagnose you with parasites. Western doctors will not do this. I’ve had ringworm for 10 years and despite 11 months on the diet, my ringworm still persisted. My naturopath concluded it was parasites and put me on some homoepathics and antifungals that kill the parasites. I experienced “parasite die-off” after starting these supplements.

Another great anti-parasite antifungal is black walnut extract which also has the Diatomaceous Earth in it as an ingredient.

-raster

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

raster wrote: HAL123: If you went to a naturopathic doctor, they could possibly diagnose you with parasites. Western doctors will not do this. I’ve had ringworm for 10 years and despite 11 months on the diet, my ringworm still persisted. My naturopath concluded it was parasites and put me on some homoepathics and antifungals that kill the parasites. I experienced “parasite die-off” after starting these supplements.

Another great anti-parasite antifungal is black walnut extract which also has the Diatomaceous Earth in it as an ingredient.

-raster

Did you have the Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis + Parasite test?

Also is it normal to have more digestive issues than before during die off? I get bad bloating, wind & have recently been getting really bad nausea & cramps, especially after eating green fibrous veg.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Candida vs parasites vs leaky gut’ is closed to new replies.