Candida Urethra pain/vaginal burning for a year, advice appreciated :)

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida Urethra pain/vaginal burning for a year, advice appreciated :)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

deadleaves
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and very excited to be able to share stories with others that have been suffering with Candida.

I’m 27 years old (female), live in Melbourne Australia.

I have had recurrent bouts of UTI’s (Cystitis) from the age of 16, had a diet high in pasta, alcohol, potato and fussy eater as child, was on oral contraceptive for 6 years stopped in 2007, used to drink a lot of alcohol as i was shy and was the only thing that would make me more sociable, had cervical dyplasia at 17 years of age, burned out no return of cancer cells. Started to be healthier and take pride in my health in 2008/2009 eating organic, juicing, no gluten, limited dairy, still indulged in a bottle of red or two over the weekend and symptom free for a few years until i met my boyfriend, got a bladder infection and had a prescription of keflex antibiotic which stopped my life in its tracks back in January 2012, a year ago.

Symptoms

Constant urethral burning 24/7
    Pain on right side forehead (above eye), sore to touch
    Back pain around kidney/adrenals more on left side but does radiate to both sides
    Knee pain on left side, quite painful
    Long heavy periods
    Underweight (unable to put on weight)
    Loss of sex drive
    Aching all over
    extreme fatigue
    freezing feet and feeling cold all over
    Itchy head
    New cellulite (i have never experienced cellulite before this year and remain thin)
    The odd pimple on back or around mouth/chin
    Anxiety about seeing friends the temptation of drinking/smoking/eating the wrong thing

Better for
    Water and lots of it! Evian and fiji
    Fresh air
    Walking outdoors
    Bare feet to grass or ground
    Laying flat
    After passing urine or bowel movement
    Heat applied to back near kidneys
    Cool pad or fan to gentital area
    Sitting upright (good posture)
    Vegetables and protein
    Tea tree oil diluted and applied to urethral opening
    Garlic glove inserted in to vagina
    Colodial silver
    Warm showers
    Warmth
    During my period, actual days of bleeding I have NO symptoms its like the inflammation is taken away completely
    When i feel like i’m doing something good for my body

Temporarily better for but overall worse for:
    numbs that coffee and alcohol numb my my bladder and urethral pain for the whole day but the next day I suffer) please note: i avoid these now but just an obvervation

Worse for
    Dehydration
    Sugary foods
    Stress
    Staying indoors
    Not urinating often
    Hot/humid days
    Allergic to ragweed, watermelon, pencillin, highly allergic to mold
    intolerances to: gluten, dairy, fructose fruit, sugar
    Coffee and Cannabis make my kidneys and forehead hurt
    End of period symptoms start up again

My prescription (what I’m taking)
    Intestaclear (antifungal)
    Was on nystatin with success but didn’t want to be on for long term so stopped taking this
    Vitamin D
    Wild Krill oil
    Cranberry tablets
    Golden Seal
    Turmeric
    Colodial Silver

In this year I have had some chronic symptoms that have improved my 50% since starting antifungals and drinking more water and diet changes, changing my highly stressful job, I did think it may of been mercury related but had my mercury fillings taken out back in 2008, one still has a layer of it under the white filling so this did concern me. I would LOVE to hear from anybody that has any thoughts/suggestions I would be ever so grateful as I am suffering still from this terrible illness, for all out there that are battling with Candida my deepest sympathy and believe me you will get better and well once again, something that that is DONE always can be UNDONE.

Many Thanks,
    Deadleaves

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

hi ,u and i have similar symptoms ,mine began after child birth 18 months ago and include vaginal pain ,and vulva pain .Im sorry u have been dealing with this ,i know how hard it is to get thru your day with a burning vulva ! honestly just takes all the pleasure out of living .i am new to this whole diet and antifungal thing ,i have hope it will work for me as im quite sure yeast is the cause of my symptoms ,i wast told i had ic also which i may not have at all .

I think u should look around on the forums and find a protocol and stop the cranberry pills .u will get better this takes time .

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t understand the better for worse for part, please explain.

You could have candida, you could have parasites, at the least it sounds like the antibiotics messed you up. If you destroyed your gut flora with antibiotics this likely needs to be reversed.

My naturopath feels that candida and sex organ issues is caused by candida typically being found in the kidneys. If you heal the kidneys and liver, this likely will reduce some of your symptoms. I did not see any liver supplements in your supplement list.

We have a good general plan put together that would be a big alteration to what you are doing currently…
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

I don’t see any probiotics listed and this is essential.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

-raster

deadleaves
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

raster;32635 wrote: I don’t understand the better for worse for part, please explain.

You could have candida, you could have parasites, at the least it sounds like the antibiotics messed you up. If you destroyed your gut flora with antibiotics this likely needs to be reversed.

My naturopath feels that candida and sex organ issues is caused by candida typically being found in the kidneys. If you heal the kidneys and liver, this likely will reduce some of your symptoms. I did not see any liver supplements in your supplement list.

We have a good general plan put together that would be a big alteration to what you are doing currently…
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

I don’t see any probiotics listed and this is essential.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

-raster

Hi Raster,

Thank you for your reply. The better for, is what I do that makes my urethral burning/pain subside or makes me feel a bit better about my condition. The Worse for, is what causes my urethral burning/pain to flare up or symptoms get worse.

I do believe its candida as i got it after antibiotics and now have a extremely high senstivity reading for mold when i had my blood tested for allergies.

I also have the aching all over feeling, bloating, brain fog and a change in my memory and concentration that worried my friends and family, I’m 27 years old and forget what Im talking about or loose things really easily, forget a movie Ive watched and rent it out again and again lol!

I forgot to mention I am taking a probiotic, I have one before bed and first thing in the morning. You are right about liver and kidney herbs/supplements I will look in to that. I also take chorella when i remember or can stomach it as 10 tablets in one go is a lot.

Funnily enough, I studied my Naturopathy Health sciences degree to improve on my health and I work in customer service and give advise to naturopaths about practitioner products, and I still cant heal myself, sometimes when it comes to you, you are so blind.

I really appreciate your reply, thank you 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I studied my Naturopathy Health sciences degree to improve on my health and I work in customer service and give advise to naturopaths about practitioner products, and I still cant heal myself, sometimes when it comes to you, you are so blind.

There isn’t a person with a degree in existence who can heal any illness if they don’t use common sense now and then. You stated:

“I do believe its candida as i got it after antibiotics …”

So we know that this is how you contracted a Candida overgrowth; so how did taking antibiotics destroy your health and bring about a Candida infestation in your body? It destroyed the flora in your intestines; therefore the flora will have to be completely reestablished before you cure anything including the overgrowth.

May I ask which probiotic are you taking and at what count? Are you drinking homemade kefir on a daily basis? This will supply beneficial bacteria that the probiotics can’t.

Able

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I have had a lot of Uti’s in my lifetime and one of the things I used to take was Cranberry pills but I found over time that they seemed to only irritate my urethra so I stopped taking them. Now, when I have a problem, I take D-Mannose or Cystistatin by Ortho Molecular. You might want to consider stopping the Cranberry just to see what happens.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Candida Urethra pain/vaginal burning for a year, advice appreciated :)’ is closed to new replies.