Candida Treatment Protocol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Treatment Protocol

This topic contains 147 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  hellosummers 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 148 total)
  • Author

Hal123
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 47

*bump*

Croc
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 38

What exactly is “warm water”? Is that a tap water from a kettle? Or boiled mineral water? Or maybe some special water from non-plastic bottles?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Croc wrote: What exactly is “warm water”? Is that a tap water from a kettle? Or boiled mineral water? Or maybe some special water from non-plastic bottles?

It can be warm tap water if you’re not in a city with god-knows-what added to the water supply. Otherwise you can use slighted heated bottled water or even well water.

Able

Croc
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 38

Thank you, Able. I made some research and it came out that the water in my city is more than okay.

What is your opinion about mineral water? Is there any reason to drink it? I’ve heard many stories about how plastic bottles are bad. Is mineral water just marketing gimmick? I drink it most of my life, but to be honest – I feel more comfortable drinking tap water. I’m not getting my stomach bloated so much with it.

Mcn89
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I’ve been reading the forums very intently for the past few days. I don’t normally post on these things..but I just wanted to let someone know that I really do appreciate all the work that has been put into trying to help so many others! This has been an on-going battle, it has been something that has put me in the worst moods ever. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so down before. I’ve seen several different doctors..to no avail. Anyways, enough with the self pity. I have been slowly preparing to start the Candida Treatment Protocol. I’ll be honest I’m a little anxious and scared. I am a vegetarian, so the leafy green aspect of the diet is something I can easily work through. I’m a little nervous about potential weight loss. I guess in the grand scheme of things it will be worth it. I know I will have tons of questions, this post was really just a thank you. I have hope now, because of you.

dandilion

Thanks for the reply Able, your message was hidden so sorry its taken me a while to respond. I’m currently awaiting some kefir grains and molybdenum (Country Life Gluten-Free 150mcg) and UAS Labs DDS-100 Acidophilus 5 billion CFU/g so will start as soon as the molybdenum arrives. Its one of the cheapest probiotics on iherb, should that be good enough? Also, I’m slightly concerned about weight management on the cleanse and diet, I’m very slim as it is, should 3 days on a liquid cleanse be long enough (I’ve had IBS intermittently since 2007 when I think my candida started to fall out of whack) and do you have any tips for high fat/protein foods that are allowed in the 1st stage (I’m pescetarian)? Guessing the coconut oil should help. Lastly, is there a certain type of water (mineral, filtered etc) I should drink, is its alkalinity a concern? Thank you so much for taking the time, appreciation is I xx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

dandilion wrote: Thanks for the reply Able, your message was hidden so sorry its taken me a while to respond.

I don’t understand; wasn’t it in your inbox as a reply to your inquiry?

I’m currently awaiting some kefir grains and molybdenum (Country Life Gluten-Free 150mcg) and UAS Labs DDS-100 Acidophilus 5 billion CFU/g so will start as soon as the molybdenum arrives. Its one of the cheapest probiotics on iherb, should that be good enough?

Only for a very short period of time as it’s extremely low-strength with only 5 billion CFU’s.
    Have you read the protocol on the forum?

Also, I’m slightly concerned about weight management on the cleanse and diet, I’m very slim as it is, should 3 days on a liquid cleanse be long enough (I’ve had IBS intermittently since 2007 when I think my candida started to fall out of whack) and do you have any tips for high fat/protein foods that are allowed in the 1st stage (I’m pescetarian)?

Since you can eat eggs and fish, you should have enough protein, so at least we won’t have to worry about that in addition to your weight. Be aware that sometimes fish will cause reactions for some people early on in the treatment, so you may need to limit the amount for a few months.

Check out the recipe section for ideas to add during phase 1 of the treatment.
    You can also make bread during the 1st phase. Bread Recipes.

Guessing the coconut oil should help.

Yes it certainly does. But please read the protocol and all links attached to it in order to follow the schedule for when to take supplements which includes coconut oil since it’s used as a strong antifungal.

Lastly, is there a certain type of water (mineral, filtered etc) I should drink, is its alkalinity a concern?

As far as water is concerned, it would be much more beneficial if you avoid any type of processed “city” water during the treatment which will contain chemicals. Better to stick with purchased bottled spring water or well water for the time being.
    Don’t even think about acids or alkalinity during the treatment. I assume that you intend to follow the strict diet since you asked for it in your private message; this is all taken care of by the allowed foods and supplements in the diet and protocol.

Please check your inbox.
    Able

CK1
    Replies: 2

Here goes my first post now that I’m suffering from full-blown candida and going crazy with all the do’s and don’t do’s! It’s rather long so I hope you can bare with me.

The Situation
    My boyfriend (43) and I (39) are both sufferers, did a week-long detox, was on twice daily fluconazoles and the diet for a month (he’s more a proponent of the Body Ecology Diet), but went on a 3-day food binge after finding out I still had yeast infection and got discouraged. Now we’re back on twice daily fluconazoles and the diet (see below) for over a week. We both have lost a tremendous amount of weight and don’t want to lose anymore. We practice yoga several times a week and are now afraid to do anything too cardio. We wanted to know your thoughts on our plan of attack.

Able suggested in another post to first provide a background, so here it goes.
    The Background
    Me: I’ve always suffered from constipation as a child and found in an emergency operation when I was 17 that my larger intestines were longer than normal and got twisted up. Instead of cutting it (which I now wish they had), they spread them apart and kind of sewed it up to the sides so they don’t twist up again. I still suffer from constipation, as well as pain in my joints and back, and keep getting yeast infections. I was on birth control pills for many years and heavily partied with drugs and alcohol for a good 10 years or so, basically until I did the detox.

My boyfriend: Has had itchy/scabby skin around his buttocks and fingers/toes for the last 3 years. Has been a heavy partier since his teens and until last month pretty much an alcoholic. Suffers from major belching and horrible gas. Used to suffer from daily diarrhea but that seems to have cleared up since we started on the diet and/or he quit drinking.

And our plan of attack is
    Our Diet:
    – For all 3 meals we make a salad out of cultured veggies, ocean veggies, raw veggies, ground flax seed, spirulina, bit of aloe straight from the plant, and when we want more protein we add boiled eggs. Our dressing is a blend of virgin cold-pressed coconut oil or olive oil, sea salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar.
    – Fish or chicken once or twice a week
    – Millet w/veggies sometimes
    – Steamed veggies or scrambled w/eggs, ghee or coconut oil
    – Coconut water kefir with each meal and sometimes throughout the day
    – Snacks consist of soaked/sprouted almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds, and coconut meat fermented w/coconut water kefir

That’s basically been it for the last month…We definitely need to increase our repertoire, but we feel and hope the salad is best to fight candida and make lettuce wraps or nori rolls out of it as well to spice it up, and we find it quite yummy! 🙂

Our Supplements/Pills
    – Fluconazole twice/day (he read that we should take it for 2 months, but I’m wondering if the candida could become resistant to it, or if it could cause other serious side effects )
    – Grape seed extract
    – B Complex
    – Milk Thistle
    – Dandelion

I myself also take:
    – Collagen
    – Calcium Pills
    – Omega 3-6-9 Pills
    – Webber Naturals Complete Probiotics

And I have ordered the following:
    – Ultimate Floral Vaginal Support Probiotics
    – Grapefruit Seed Extract
    – Goldenseal Root

What are we doing wrong?
    What can we do better?
    Should we go the route of the strict diet if we don’t want to be like this for the next 6 months?

Any help/advice/recommendations would be truly appreciated!

Rbtheo

Thank you Able and Raster!
    The information is greatly appreciated.

Have a blessed day,

Rebecca

candidakiller89
    Topics: 3

Please post a recipe for making home made kefir, and or yogurt.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello candidakiller,

There’s a ton of youtube videos about how to make kefir or yogurt if you want to check it out; there isn’t really a recipe to make it, it requires milk and kefir grains.

I have no idea how to make yogurt but the videos do exist.

-raster

Kim321
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

WOW i need to change my water. ive been drinking high alkaline water with a 8.6 ph level. i had always thought this was better for you to keep the body at a high ph level but i see its no good for trying to eliminate the candida overgrowth. i am learning a lot about this. so thankful that this forum is here.

Kim321
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

hello, you guys are great for putting all of this together. i would just like a little clarity on something and maybe its already been answered….(sorry for any redundancy but im new to this and just wanna get it right).

but, say you do a 2 to 3 day detox, youre saying that you should wait maybe about a week from there to start one of your anti fungals?

then from there we should wait about one more week to start the probiotic and vitamins?

and we cant eat meat everyday? 🙁 imma be so hungry

just wanna be clear. but also why wait for the anti fungal? i was going to start with the oregano oil as my first antfungal, but use coconut oil and fresh garlic throughout.

thank you

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Hi Able and Rasta,

Just to say how incredibly inspiring it is to see you two wonderful individuals putting so much time into helping others.

I have a series of questions to ask if thats ok.

I have Candida, Gut Dysbiosis, IBS and Leaky Gut.

For this I take:

Biokult Probiotic – 2x with each meal
    Biocare (Caprylic Acid) Mycopryl 680 – 2x with each meal
    Biocare Polyzyme Forte – 2x with each meal
    Higher Nature Citricidal Liquid Grapefruit Extract – 12-15 drops 30 mins before or 2 hours after each meal
    A. Vogel Milk Thistle
    Magnesium Chelate
    Zinc

Is their any particular products you would advise me to add to my daily routine?

Having brain fog hinders my ability to monitor cause and effect effectively and so unable to determine whether symptoms mainly brain fog is getting worse or not. Any ideas for helpful strategies to get round this?

How do you determine how severe your candida is?

Why should Caprylic Acid and Grapfruit seed extract be alternated every 2 weeks? (I have been using them constantly for nearly 4 weeks now and havent been told to alternate by doc!)

Told by doctor its ok to eat nuts and seeds, smoke and drink coffee moderately. He is a very highly regarded homeopath but
    is he just trying to take my money by making my cleanse as slow as possible?
    A link to his website
    http://www.dr-forsyth.com/Dr_Charles_Forsyth/Dr_Charles_Forsyth_-_Homeopathy,_Nutrition,_Allergy,_Ecological_Medicine_-_Reigate,_Croydon,_Surrey_%26_Biolab,_Central_London.html

Is it possible to give someone candida by having sex?

If you can help that would be splendid and would be very grateful.

Thankyou

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Bumping for Feedback.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Candida Treatment Protocol’ is closed to new replies.