Candida Treatment Protocol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Treatment Protocol

This topic contains 147 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  hellosummers 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 148 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Bumping post.

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Able/Raster,

Which type of milk do you guys suggest as the best for the diet to make Kefir with? I received my grains 2 days ago and am currently settling them in and growing them, looking forward to try it in the next 2 days.

Thanks
    Ash

Able900
    Spectator

Ashlay wrote: Which type of milk do you guys suggest as the best for the diet to make Kefir with?

I prefer coconut milk myself, but unfortunately, as GayBofill explained on the forum just the other day, it’s rather difficult to have the kefir turn out as it should with coconut milk. Normally it can take several batches for kefir grains to adapt to coconut milk; in other words, before it can actually ferment into kefir.

I imagine for this reason most of us use regular cow’s milk. According to reports, raw milk kefir is the most nutrient-filled form. Organic is preferred as far as cow’s milk is concerned, but you will have kefir even if you use regular milk from your local market.

If the directions instruct you to allow the fermentation period to last from one particular time to another, always use the longest fermenting time as this removes more of the milk sugar.

Able

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Able or Rater or anyone else, 😀
    I was thinking about doing the cleanse. I just skipped this part and went start for the diet. I have some question about the cleanse. Do you eat nothing at all? Can you have vegetables and eggs at least? How about coconut bread? I am just wondering if this would be good for me to do, since I have lost a lot of weight already. I might be able to do this cleanse if I can eat something. Any comments would be great!
    Thank you
    Lauren

Lauren

Lauren wrote: Able or Rater or anyone else, 😀
    Can you have vegetables and eggs at least? How about coconut bread?
    Lauren

I know I am not suppose to have coconut bread for the first two week of the cleanse but I was wondering if it would still be better to do the cleanse with taking coconut bread than not doing it at all? Just wanted to clarify 😀
    Thanks
    Lauren

Lauren

Hi just wondering if anyone has some advice about this? (Whether I should do go back to do the cleanse or not.) Can I eat anything on the cleanse? 😀
    Thanks as always
    Lauren

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am no expert on the cleanse because I did not do it, but you should be eating some food while doing it. It is completely optional to do the cleanse.

-raster

Lauren

Thanks Raster for responding! 😀

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Bumping post!

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Bump

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Bumping.

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Hi Able and Raster and all others,

My name is Chloë and I’m new to this forum. I’m really thankful for all the information I’ve already found here. I suffer from CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) since two years, and trying to treat Candida is the first thing that has shown some positive effect on my disease. I followed a Candida diet by an Austrian guy called F.X. Mayr. This 6-week-diet is pretty old and outdated (which I didn’t know) as it allows potatoes during the whole diet. It also allows dairy derived from sheep milk. I took 50mg of Diflucan for two weeks along with the diet, and experienced many improvements in symptoms, even the exhaustion got slightly better. However, I am sure that my Candida is not beaten and a few days ago I started the diet described here in the forum along with the natural antifungals. I have some questions regarding all this:

*What do you guys think about eating hemp hearts (shelled hemp seeds)? They contain very healthy fats and a lot of protein and only 4 grams of carbohydrates (per 100 grams). I am a vegetarian and really have difficulties to satisfy my hunger with only eggs and vegetables. I can handle two or three eggs a day, but definitely not more, it makes me feel sick and disgusted… so that’s a bit of a problem here. Does anyone have a suggestion how to make life easier for vegetarians who don’t like eggs?

*I didn’t completely understand after reading many forum entries: Is coconut flour allowed in the first two weeks of the diet (I’m not doing the detox), or not? Didn’t eat it so far.

*I’m also having problems with the coconut oil. Eating fatty foods has always made me feel sick, and I almost can’t handle to eat a full teaspoon of coconut oil at once. No way that I’m gonna eat 10 spoons a day, unfortunately. Can I heat the coconut oil and cook with it, or does it loose its antifungal properties when heated?

*I prefer natural antifungals and don’t want to take Diflucan anymore since it’s very toxic to the liver. However, I still have an unopened bottle of Nystatin and was wondering what you think about this? It says that it can even be used for babys and is harmless since it doesn’t go into the blood stream. Should I take it?

*And that leads me to another question: Nystatin works only in the gastrointestinal tract while Diflucan works systemically. Do the natural antifungals you take work systemically or not? Do most Candida sufferers have Candida systemically or not? I have read so much contradictive information on this (some say, Candida needs only one antibiotic course to go systemic, others say, only HIV patients and other immunocompromised people have Candida systemically). Also, is there a difference between a real systemic infection and between Candida “tapping” into the blood? So I’m wondering, do we have to treat Candida systemically or is it enough to treat the intestines?

*I have a bottle of tamarind concentrate, something really delicious often used in the Indian kitchen. Does anyone know if this is allowed on the diet?

*Is a protein-rich diet not harmful to the kidneys?

A lot of questions – if anyone has time to answer some of them, I’d be really thankful! I wish everyone good luck with their battle against Candida.

Love,
    Chloë

Able900
    Spectator

*What do you guys think about eating hemp hearts (shelled hemp seeds)?

I just replied to another post concerning hemp seeds yesterday.
    “Seeds can contain mold, plus seeds produce mucus which is already a problem which accompanies a Candida infestation; so seeds of any type are better left alone for several months. However this, as with everything else on the forum is just another suggestion which means that it’s up to the individual as to whether or not he wants to test the food in question. You could try it for a few days if you need to, and watch to see if your mucus production increases or you experience any other allergic reaction, if so, I would leave it alone for the time being.”

I can handle two or three eggs a day, but definitely not more, it makes me feel sick and disgusted… so that’s a bit of a problem here. Does anyone have a suggestion how to make life easier for vegetarians who don’t like eggs?

Disgusted? That’s an interesting description.
    I don’t know of any dependable protein source that would be safe on the diet for the first two to three weeks at least. Maybe someone else will.

*I didn’t completely understand after reading many forum entries: Is coconut flour allowed in the first two weeks of the diet (I’m not doing the detox), or not? Didn’t eat it so far.

This is another food that you really should wait at least two weeks before starting, especially if you don’t plan on doing a cleanse. The first few weeks should be dedicated to detoxing your body, whether with a cleans or a clean diet. Coconut flour does contain a bit of sugar which is a must in avoiding when detoxing the body.

*I’m also having problems with the coconut oil. Eating fatty foods has always made me feel sick, and I almost can’t handle to eat a full teaspoon of coconut oil at once. No way that I’m gonna eat 10 spoons a day, unfortunately. Can I heat the coconut oil and cook with it, or does it loose its antifungal properties when heated?

Coconut oil is something that normally takes anyone a bit of getting used to, so you’re certainly not alone in that way. Of course you can cook with it, but you’re not going to be receiving nearly the same amount as taking it by the spoonful. Try having a cup of very warm water standing by and immediately follow the dose of oil with several swallows of the water.

*I prefer natural antifungals and don’t want to take Diflucan anymore since it’s very toxic to the liver. However, I still have an unopened bottle of Nystatin and was wondering what you think about this? It says that it can even be used for babys and is harmless since it doesn’t go into the blood stream. Should I take it?

Most people would probably take it instead of wasting it, and I don’t imagine one round would be a problem, plus I’m sure it would work well as an antifungal.

And that leads me to another question: Nystatin works only in the gastrointestinal tract while Diflucan works systemically. Do the natural antifungals you take work systemically or not? Do most Candida sufferers have Candida systemically or not?

Most people definitely do not have systematic Candida. The Nystatin is a good starter as far as antifungals go. What you want to do in the beginning is to slowly begin lowering the population of the Candida, and avoid overwhelming the body and especially the liver with the aldehyde toxins from dying Candida.

I have read so much contradictive information on this (some say, Candida needs only one antibiotic course to go systemic…)

This is a ridiculous statement made by someone with a complete lack of common sense apparently. All you have to do to realize this is to think about all the different sufferers and their various symptoms and especially the degree and length of their infestation and you’ll see how ridiculous the statement is. In fact, there have been members of the forum who have had to go through rounds of antibiotics during their treatment ‘without’ developing systematic Candida.
    “Hope” is one of these members. Just key her name into the search section if you wish to read her story.

others say, only HIV patients and other immunocompromised people have Candida systemically.

People who are both immunocompromised and suffer from a Candida overgrowth definitely have a better chance of their infestation going systematic than those who are not.

So I’m wondering, do we have to treat Candida systemically or is it enough to treat the intestines?

On a normal basis treating the intestines with the supplements and the probiotics is enough to eventually reach a cure; however, this naturally depends on the degree of vigor and sincerity with which a person addresses the entire treatment. Of course there are those cases with extenuating circumstances (problems) which also have to be addressed before a complete cure can be reached. In our experience here on the forum, these cases are few and far between.

I have a bottle of tamarind concentrate, something really delicious often used in the Indian kitchen. Does anyone know if this is allowed on the diet?

Tamarind contains tartaric acid. The only source of tartaric acid is yeast, which would lead one to believe that tamarind contains yeast, right? I don’t think I would chance it, but in the end, testing it is up to you.

Is a protein-rich diet not harmful to the kidneys?

A diet rich in protein from animal meat is potentially harmful; not to mention the ammonia that is released during the animal protein breakdown. Ammonia is actually produced by the Candida in order to make the environment of the intestines more beneficial for them and less for the beneficial bacteria. Ammonia also presents extra work for the liver.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote:

I have a bottle of tamarind concentrate, something really delicious often used in the Indian kitchen. Does anyone know if this is allowed on the diet?

Tamarind contains tartaric acid. The only source of tartaric acid is yeast, which would lead one to believe that tamarind contains yeast, right? I don’t think I would chance it, but in the end, testing it is up to you.

I looked this up before. It’s either 70% or 90% (I forget which) sugar, so I figured it would be out of the question, even though it has several therapeutic benefits.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Bumping.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Candida Treatment Protocol’ is closed to new replies.