Candida Treatment Protocol

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Treatment Protocol

This topic contains 147 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  hellosummers 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 148 total)
  • Author

Rob Davies
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 17

I saw this but was concerned about expiry dates and how much you need per day?

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/236011_Nourish_Kefir_500ml.html

cheers
    Rob

MamaJ
    Replies: 5

So after the initial detox, it seems like it’s basically the protocol on the website… correct? I am so overwhelmed! I just need a formula, a day to day schedule!!! Experimentation is not my thing!!!!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

MamaJ wrote: So after the initial detox, it seems like it’s basically the protocol on the website… correct? I am so overwhelmed! I just need a formula, a day to day schedule!!! Experimentation is not my thing!!!!

Hi MamaJ

Dont be confused, just follow the protocol here on the Forum not that from the website, they still have things which we consider not good. The protocol from Able and raster is the one you should follow.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

cheers
    thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The website suggests psyllium husks and clay for detox which can lead to internal bleeding. The website (used to) have specific timetables for the diet when you should not set any timetables. The website doesn’t promote probiotics enough as the most important thing you need for a cure.

On top of it all, the website doesn’t have a good allowed foods list.

-Raster

MamaJ

A friend of mine said that the Psyllium husk is for fiber, so you don’t get stopped up. Does eliminating it create a constipation problem? I just ordered the grape bitters and am looking online for everything else that we need… How will I know to move from the Cleanse to Stage 1(2)?

Also, when (what time of day) am I supposed to take all of the supplements listed on the thread about cleansing properly? As someone who is brand new to this thing, even a daily guide to follow would be helpful..

MamaJ

I’ve ordered what we’ll need for the Cleanse portion, is it ok to start w/o the supplements? They probably won’t be here by Tuesday…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

MamaJ wrote: I’ve ordered what we’ll need for the Cleanse portion, is it ok to start w/o the supplements? They probably won’t be here by Tuesday…

Yes, it’s fine to go ahead and start the cleanse. But you’ll probably need the molybdenum at least by Tuesday.

Able

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Bump

BlueSkies
    Participant

This post is about when to start vitamins and iron deficiency:

Able900 wrote: From: Able and Raster

Vitamins
    Between the second and third week we also recommend various vitamin supplements to be added one at a time if you’re not already taking them. These would be A & D (taken together), plus extra D3, vitamin E, vitamin C, calcium and magnesium (taken together). A mineral pill is also recommended. We do not advocate multiple vitamins at all for various reasons, all having to do with health issues and the Candida infestation.

Able and Raster, do you not recommend using the vitamins during the cleanse portion? Is that because it could feed the candida?

My personal concern is nutrients and iron deficiency. I have low iron (diagnosed), and from my own research on candida, “Ethanol also inhibits the absorption of iron. Because iron is one of the most important oxygen supports in the blood, ethanol in your body creates low oxygen levels. And do you know what happens when your body can’t oxygenate well? Deal with candida…”

I found previous posts that said:

raster wrote:
    Candida can cause iron problems such as anemia so it is a good concern. I think that taking vitamin C is a good idea (get one with bioflavanoids), but a little iron as a supplement would have no drawback. My girlfriend takes a good amount of it because of her anemia. -Raster

Able900 wrote:
    Research concludes that there’s an abnormality in the immunity as well as in the ability to destroy several types of bacteria as well as fungi in iron- deficient patients. This lends credence to the assumption that an iron deficiency comes before the Candida infestation, and Candida does not cause an iron deficiency. If one contracts an iron deficiency during a Candida infestation, it has more to do with his diet than the Candida.

Soldia, you may be deficient in iron, but I advise against using an iron supplement unless you know for a fact (have it checked) that you have a deficiency. Obtaining more iron than the body needs causes liver damage because the excess iron is stored in this organ rather than being put to use by the body.

I believe that I had lower iron to begin with from my hypothyroid. Over the years, I noticed that I do not absorb iron as easily. Having the candida infestation has made the iron deficiency much worse.

I guess my question is this, do I go back on my liquid iron (derived from organic plants) and Vitamin C right now or do I wait until the end of the cleanse? I read the post about the vitamin protocol and stopped taking it thinking that it would feed the candida. If it doesn’t and is beneficial, should I begin retaking it? I want to do what ever is going to kick this Candida’s butt…!

Side note: the cleanse is going well. I’ve experienced a drop in symptoms (burning on scalp), but my weight loss has been significant. I am officially underweight as of today’s weighing. 🙁 I cannot wait until I can add the flours and coconut into my diet and put on some much needed weight.

BlueSkies
    Participant

Bump

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

“A mineral pill is also recommended.”

Can you elaborate on this and a suggested pill? Do I just go to vitamin store and simply ask for a mineral pill? Pardon my ignorance.

Thank you!

Mike

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I believe he is referring to trace minerals:

Boron
    Copper
    Silica/Silicon
    Manganese
    Nickel
    Selenium
    Strontium
    Vanadium
    Zinc

My naturopath is addressing my de-mineralization problem with a few different homeopathics.

-Raster

teenies
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 16

After reading dozens of posts and information on this forum, I’ve created a plan of attack. I’d love some critical feedback on whether or not this is a good plan.

I should mention that I will not be able to do the full cleanse and will be starting right at Step 2: The Strict Diet and maintaining this diet. I travel for work a great deal and I’m also extremely intolerant to eggs. I also have leaky gut too and I’m hoping this treatment plan will help that problem as well.

Week 1:
    1) Molybdenum, 250 mcg per day
    2) Grape Seed Bitter, 1/2 of a dropper after each meal
    3) Vitamin D (already taking)1000mg, 2x per day
    4) Vitamin A, 5000 iu per day
    5) Probiotics, 10 strain, 11 billion (already taking)
    6) Vitamin C (already taking) 1000 mg, 3x per day
    7) Zinc 25-50mg, Calcium 1000mg & Magnesium 400mg per day
    8) Grapefruit Seed Extract (already taking) 125mg, 2x per day.
    9) Digestive Enzymes after each meal, DO I STILL NEED THESE IF I’M TAKING GRAPE SEED BITTER?

Week 2:
    1) All the same as week 1
    2) Anti-fungal #1: Caprylic Acid, DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH TO TAKE

Week 3:
    1) All the same as week 2
    2) Anti-fungal #2: Oil of Oregano, 4 drops, 2x per day

Week 4:
    1) All the same as week 3
    2) Anti-fungal #3: Garlic Pills, DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH TO TAKE

Week 5:
    2) Anti-fungal: Begin rotating anti-fungal, SHOULD I TAKE MORE OF THE ONE ANTI-FUNGAL DURING THE ROTATION?
    3) Start new probiotic, Mega Flora

Week 6 and onwards:
    Maintain protocol from week 5.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. Would love to start this treatment ASAP.

Thanks,
    Teenies

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Your plan sounds good for the most part; I have just a few comments below.

Week 1:

1) Molybdenum, 250 mcg per day

Reply: You can take up to three of these a day if you begin to feel the die-off effects.

2) Grape Seed Bitter, 1/2 of a dropper after each meal

Reply: Be sure to purchase a brand which is alcohol-free, this may need to be Swedish Bitters instead of the Grape since the Swedish are easier to find without alcohol.

3) Vitamin D (already taking)1000mg, 2x per day

Reply: Is this vitamin D3 or regular D? It should be D3.

4) Vitamin A, 5000 iu per day
    5) Probiotics, 10 strain, 11 billion (already taking)
    6) Vitamin C (already taking) 1000 mg, 3x per day
    7) Zinc 25-50mg, Calcium 1000mg & Magnesium 400mg per day
    8) Grapefruit Seed Extract (already taking) 125mg, 2x per day.

9) Digestive Enzymes after each meal, DO I STILL NEED THESE IF I’M TAKING GRAPE SEED BITTER?

Reply: No, not as long as you’re taking the bitters. But I’d be interested in knowing which brand of enzymes you have.

Week 2:

2) Anti-fungal #1: Caprylic Acid, DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH TO TAKE

Reply: You’d be much better off just taking the coconut oil because it’s a whole-food natural substance and not a capsule, starting with a teaspoonful and going up to two and so forth about every 2 to 3 days.

Week 3:
    1) All the same as week 2
    2) Anti-fungal #2: Oil of Oregano, 4 drops, 2x per day

Week 4:
    1) All the same as week 3
    2) Anti-fungal #3: Garlic Pills, DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH TO TAKE

Reply: Start with one pill after a meal and add another the next day until you reach at least three a day after meals, a few more can be added if you want to.

Week 5:

2) Anti-fungal: Begin rotating anti-fungal, SHOULD I TAKE MORE OF THE ONE ANTI-FUNGAL DURING THE ROTATION?

Reply: Taking one antifungal plus the probiotic every day should suffice.

3) Start new probiotic, Mega Flora

Able

teenies
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 16

Able900 wrote: Reply: No, not as long as you’re taking the bitters. But I’d be interested in knowing which brand of enzymes you have.

Able, thank you so much for your reply.
    a) Does it matter what time of day I take the calcium magnesium zinc supplements?
    b) I’m sensitive to garlic, will that likely mean I’ll be sensitive to the garlic pills?
    c) Which pills need to be capsules/gel and which ones can be in tablet form?

The digestive enzymes I take are:
    1) Natural Factors Multi Enzymes Full Spectrum (my everyday enzymes)
    2) NaturPharm M2+ Enzymes (Dining out enzymes)
    3) Enzymedica: Digest Spectrum (Recommended by others on a low FODMAP diet to deal with FODMAPS)

I find the enzymes really help especially if I’ve eaten something that doesn’t agree with me due to my multi food intolerances. If I take 2 enzymes when I have intolerance symptoms (headache, nausea, foggy brain) it goes away within 10 minutes. I have no idea if my symptoms are because of the candida or because of leaky gut though.

Thanks again Able 🙂

Teenies

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Candida Treatment Protocol’ is closed to new replies.