Candida Treatment Not Working?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Treatment Not Working?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  GottaBePretty 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

GottaBePretty
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 6

Hello. I went to a Naturopath 2 weeks ago for Candida. He put me on supplements. They don’t seem to be working. I mean no die-off symptoms and the vaginal/oral thrush seem to still be there and getting worse. He put me on Xviromin, Manjistha, Morinda Supreme, Takesumi, Potassium Citrate, Lymphtone, and L. Acidophillus. I think the Morinda Supreme is broad based antimicrobial. Of course I am also on the strict diet which I have been following.

I go back to him next week for 3 week check-up. I researched online for all the supplements above and some of them are to prevent die-off, some are vitamins, etc. I don’t think Morinda Supreme is doing it for me. I know this takes MONTHS, but shouldn’t I see an improvement or a stall, not worsening symptoms. I don’t want to keep shelling out money if this is not working because it is expensive.

I haven’t had oral thrush/vaginal thrush for long. Symptoms started in mid-May of this year after 10 days of antibiotics. Went to numerous doctors to fix the problem to no avail.

Thanks.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Two weeks ago is not very long, as you point out. And it’s a good thing that you haven’t experienced any die-off symptoms 🙂

I think perhaps you aren’t taking enough probiotics or antifungals. Single-ingredients antifungals tend to be much stronger than things like Morinda which just seems to be noni fruit powder. Try taking some caprylic acid instead, and let us know how many CFUs there are in your probiotic.

GottaBePretty
    Participant

Hello Wiley200:

Thanks for responding. Yeah I think my naturopath should’ve prescribed antifungals like caprylic acid or uncedonic-10, etc. I checked and I read that herbs only inhibit the candida, not kill it or get rid of it. Maybe he gets a profit from the Supreme Brand, not sure.

I started taking 1 tsp. coconut oil 2x per day and am slowly going to increase dosasge to see how I react. I’m also going to order oregano oil and take that 10 days after starting the coconut oil so as not to overwhelm myself.

I’m thinking about dropping my naturopath and am nervously thinking about trying McComb’s Candida Plan.

Probiotic is 5 billion CFU’s.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Mccoombs will sucker you into buying all his expensive supplements. Buy the book on this site – it gives lots of unbiased advice on which supplements to take. Then you can find the best value supplements yourself, instead of buying some brand with a ridiculous mark-up 🙂

GottaBePretty
    Participant

On another note, I am using Gentian Violet for my oral thrush and it works wonders. It didn’t ‘cure’ thrush for me because of my internal candida, but for anyone who has thrush that is uncomfortable, this thing works great. It greatly reduced my symptoms. People on here can do a search and find out how to use it.

GottaBePretty
    Participant

I did some research into McCombs plan pricing. If I buy the same things elsewhere I wouldn’t be saving too much money compared to his plan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.