Candida Testing

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Testing

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Hi all, so after finding this forum and researching more and more I’m really hoping that most of symptoms are Candida related as it all makes total sense for what I have been through and I’ve been on the diet 2 weeks now, I wondering if I should get officially tested?

My question is, is it worth it for me to get tested and are there tests that show you the level of candida that is within my body? Would I just say a holistic doctor for this? Have most of you been tested as well? Is there anything specific I should know about getting tested and the results?

Thank you

Mike

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Kots wrote: Hi all, so after finding this forum and researching more and more I’m really hoping that most of symptoms are Candida related as it all makes total sense for what I have been through and I’ve been on the diet 2 weeks now, I wondering if I should get officially tested?

My question is, is it worth it for me to get tested and are there tests that show you the level of candida that is within my body? Would I just say a holistic doctor for this? Have most of you been tested as well? Is there anything specific I should know about getting tested and the results?

Thank you

Mike

We have a clinic here in Stockholm where I have trust in that they would do a good job. Thats the first thing you have to make sure that you do the test with a real pro and not some guy who did a quick course in natural healing stuff. This test would cost me quite a lot but I consider it worth while knowing if I have or not. This could help me in the battle.

I personally dont do it right away. I first check all the normal test I can get out from our government doctors. If they dont find and end the testing with the words it must be in your head, then I know its time to move forward in the natural healing section. I started with different diets and it was a very hard battle for one year. Extrem hard the last two month. My plan is that I will have a check when I have saved up some money, but I too will have a blood test testing for food allergies and sensitivities, a check for toxins to figure out the amalgam issue.

Yes, for me knowing helps me to stay focused and not freak out in the die-offs.

I wish you a speedy return to full health brother!
    good luck
    Thomas

Kots

Thank you Thomas appreciate it. Wish you the same.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Kots wrote: Hi all, so after finding this forum and researching more and more I’m really hoping that most of symptoms are Candida related as it all makes total sense for what I have been through and I’ve been on the diet 2 weeks now, I wondering if I should get officially tested?

Thank you

Mike

Mike,
    Do you want to be tested ??
    Do you want to keep your hope alive confirmed by a test ??

I am going to advice you a test. Don’t lose time with any other. This is the only reliable test available to detect CRC. Still, no 100 % effective, but 99 %.

Candida Immune Complexes in blood by Genova Lab.
    Caution, this isn’t a blood antibody test with IGG, IGM, and IGA.

Good Luck, if you have the syndrome, I am sure it will be positive.
    Jorge.

Kots

Jorge thank you very much.

I looked up the test and found minimal information on it. I guess I will call them and ask more questions about it thank you.

I don’t understand what mean by this “Caution, this isn’t a blood antibody test with IGG, IGM, and IGA.”

Why is that a caution?

Mike

dvjorge
    Participant

Kots wrote: Jorge thank you very much.

I looked up the test and found minimal information on it. I guess I will call them and ask more questions about it thank you.

I don’t understand what mean by this “Caution, this isn’t a blood antibody test with IGG, IGM, and IGA.”

Why is that a caution?

Mike

Mike,
    Some people confuse an IGG, IGM, and IGA panel with Candida Immune Complexes. Usually, MDs order IGG, IGM, and IGA. This isn’t the test I am advising you. Get the Immune Complexes in blood. This will rule out CRC.
    What do you want to know about the test??
    Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Kots wrote: I don’t understand whats mean by this “Caution, this isn’t a blood antibody test with IGG, IGM, and IGA.” Why is that a caution?

Mike, there are two tests done by various labs which advertise on the Internet. The two tests are the Candida Immune Complexes test which is supposedly the most reliable, and the second most reliable is the IgA, IgG and IgM Candida antibodies test. I don’t know why Jorge would caution you on the complex test since it’s the most reliable unless it’s more expensive (assumption); maybe he’ll eventually explain.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant

Able900 wrote:

I don’t understand whats mean by this “Caution, this isn’t a blood antibody test with IGG, IGM, and IGA.” Why is that a caution?

Mike, there are two tests done by various labs which advertise on the Internet. The two tests are the Candida Immune Complexes test which is supposedly the most reliable, and the second most reliable is the IgA, IgG and IgM Candida antibodies test. I don’t know why Jorge would caution you on the complex test since it’s the most reliable unless it’s more expensive (assumption); maybe he’ll eventually explain.

Able

I probably didn’t say it correctly. I cautioned him about the antibody panel because I have seen people in the forums to say I got candida immune complexes in blood when they really got an anti-candida antibody panel (IGG, IGM, and IGA) Even, some MDs confuse the antibody panel with immune complexes.

Yes, the most reliable test to detect CRC ( chronic intestinal overgrowth syndrome ) is the immune complexes in blood. This test looks for candida antigen, an active IGG antibody (when the infection is latent), and fragments of complement of candida cell wall circulating in blood.
    What makes this test very reliable and interesting is the presence of candida antigens that escape from the intestines to the bloodstream. This is something unavoidable when you have a fungal overgrowth present. Then, those antigens stimulate white blood cells to produce antibodies against those specific yeast proteins and polysaccharides. Later, when the antigens meet the antibodies, the molecules combines together like male and female because they have complementary structure. This combination is very visible under a microscopic and reported in the test result. By the way, this is what experimented “live blood cell analysts” see under a microscopic when look for candida ” They call it candida by mistake. They aren’t alive candida cells circulating in the blood but fragments of complement.
    Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There are expensive tests you can take to help get a positive diagnosis of candida overgrowth but insurance likely will not cover the tests. Dr. Mcoomb’s recommends some in his youtube video, if you want to get as close to a real test there is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri2oNJ_Ea8I

He recommends completing 2-3 tests and combine this with your health history, symptoms, including the use of antibiotics to determine whether you have candida overgrowth. You need to figure out what is in the intestinal tract as well as what is in the stool. Genova diagnostic labs has a candida immune complex test and metametrix labs has a GI stool effects test. No western doctor will say that you have it and look at you like you are crazy. A holistic doctor may determine that you have other ailments and specific organs that are damaged and can address these issues seperately.

http://www.metametrix.com/
    http://www.gdx.net/

If you think you have candida; the only way I think you will know whether you have it or not is to do the diet. If you have “die off” symptoms and feel worse once on the diet, this means you have candida in my opinion. I say give the diet a try and very likely you will see improvement.

-Raster

dvjorge
    Participant

raster wrote: There are expensive tests you can take to help get a positive diagnosis of candida overgrowth but insurance likely will not cover the tests. Dr. Mcoomb’s recommends some in his youtube video, if you want to get as close to a real test there is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri2oNJ_Ea8I

He recommends completing 2-3 tests and combine this with your health history, symptoms, including the use of antibiotics to determine whether you have candida overgrowth. You need to figure out what is in the intestinal tract as well as what is in the stool. Genova diagnostic labs has a candida immune complex test and metametrix labs has a GI stool effects test. No western doctor will say that you have it and look at you like you are crazy. A holistic doctor may determine that you have other ailments and specific organs that are damaged and can address these issues seperately.

http://www.metametrix.com/
    http://www.gdx.net/

If you think you have candida; the only way I think you will know whether you have it or not is to do the diet. If you have “die off” symptoms and feel worse once on the diet, this means you have candida in my opinion. I say give the diet a try and very likely you will see improvement.

-Raster

I don’t pay my money buying expensive tests. Candida Immune Complexes may rule out CRC because the test is very precise for this syndrome. It is specifically designed to find an intestinal overgrowth. But, again, a little bit of expertise may save you some money. The response to a protocol may give you clues about what is affecting you. The only problem I find with it is SIBO respond to the same protocol is adviced for CRC. I am sure SIBO is more common than what people think, specially those who have CFS. The symptoms are very similar to an intestinal fungal overgrowth. I also understand there are people who need tests. They need support and proof to follow a treatment. For those, I recommend the Immune Complexes in blood. If you have money and don’t care to spend buying tests, you can get a battery of tests including Candida antigens in blood, Candida DNA, Yeast Metabolites in urine ( I like the one that Great Plains does ) Yeast Metabolites in breath and blood. Urine Test for microbial by-products such as D-arabinitol, blood and urine tests for ethyl glucoronide, a CDSA, etc.
    IMO, you don’t need it, if you want to chose one, the Immune Complexes is what you should get. If you have an intestinal overgrowth, you have fragments of complements circulating in the blood. This test is precise for CRC patients.
    Jorge.

Kots

Does the Immune Complexes test give you any indication of the severity of the fungal overgrowth or is it simply a positive or negative result?

dvjorge
    Participant

Kots wrote: Does the Immune Complexes test give you any indication of the severity of the fungal overgrowth or is it simply a positive or negative result?

Mike,
    The Immune Complexes test was created specifically to detect an intestinal fungal overgrowth that is what cause this syndrome. The test will give you a positive or negative. If the numbers are high, someone may expeculate you have a more severe overgrowth, but this is theoretically because it is hard to be measured.
    What you really need is a positive or negative. There isn’t reason to get a positive and to ignore the test result even if the numbers are low.

The only way to find candida cell wall fragments of complement circulating in your blood if you have an intestinal fungal overgrowth. People with “normal” yeast in its unicellular form won’t have it because there isn’t immune attack against an organism seen as a “commensal” by the immune system. Candida cell wall fragments are present in the blood when the immune system react to its fungal or filamentous form. This is the highest value of this test. I don’t know if you understand it, but I tried to give you some information in my other posts.
    I hope this help you,
    Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant

pdb wrote:

I am going to advice you a test. Don’t lose time with any other. This is the only reliable test available to detect CRC. Still, no 100 % effective, but 99 %.

Candida Immune Complexes in blood by Genova Lab.
    Caution, this isn’t a blood antibody test with IGG, IGM, and IGA.

Good Luck, if you have the syndrome, I am sure it will be positive.
    Jorge.

Hi Jorge, I live in Australia, what is the best way to go about getting this “Candida Immune Complexes in blood by Genova Lab” test?

Do you have any weblinks to more info about it?

Thanks

Hi,
    I really don’t know if the Immune Complexes test is available in Australia or if you can send the sample to US to be analyzed. You can call Genova Lab or write to its customer service asking for information. I have an Australia friend that has been battling this syndrome and know a lot about it. I will try to contact you with him if he allows me to do it. He knows where you may be tested in Australia.
    Jorge.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Candida Testing’ is closed to new replies.