candida & sugar rage

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions candida & sugar rage

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I’m suffering from rage/anger mostly it’s triggered by eating sugar. I learned exactly how this effects me while cheating over xmas.

Well, slowly the rage has returned, it’s completely aggravated by small cheats. (I have not had an ideal diet for the last week, since getting sick)

(I had yogurt with coco & coconut sugar, a very tiny amount) and I’m angry for the second morning in a row. Now this is obvious, don’t cheat and then don’t feel the side effects.
    What I want to know is if I can cure my candida will the sugar rage go away? Or is this something I will always have the rest of my life.

There’s one more potential explanation for my rage return. I went to a new Chinese Doctor last weak and he was SKILLED. He knew exactly where all the most PAINFUL points where and he wasn’t shy about making me scream in pain, he was doing accupressure. He went on to do accupuncture and he manually pushed the needles into me very slowly and painfully. (I’m used to a little straw and a tap that makes needle insertion pain free). He explained that it was important to feel the needle at the insertion. He also explained that there where 15 different ways to do accupuncture. So in short, I had a very intense treatment.

He also started me on that mysterious liver detox tea and I passed 5 yeast balls the next day.

In a previous experience I had some accupuncture where they hook you up to a battery, and I experienced STRONG emotional symptoms as a result, so much that I had to stop seeing him.

So, while I realize that no one can really tell me what’s going on I’d like to hear thoughts. Of course I’m hoping and praying that it’s a healing crisis and not regular old run of the mill crisis.

Candida Hub
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 24

Hi!

When I was going through die-off I had extreme mood swings. The most memerable one was when I wanted to go out shopping, but my husband was taking ages to get ready. I wound myself up so much that eventually I was screaming and crying all at the same time! I jumped into my car and was racing down the drive when he came out of the house and stopped me. I’m so thankful he did; if I’d driven in that state who knows what could have happened. I curled up on the floor and just cried and cried. Later he described it as watching me self-destruct in front of his eyes. Scary.

Since recovering from my Candida overgrowth, I haven’t experienced anything like that. In fact I feel very calm (making me realise just how ill I was previously). I sporadically experiment with Candida aggravating foods to see the effect they have on me and that only results in a headache, no emotional effects.

Hope this helps.

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

Would sure love to know what this chinese tea was..
    I also have been having sugar cravings and I also cheated around christmas. Again in Jan and Feb with some stevia chocolate and then other no-no desserts. What topped it off was a couple vodka and waters. Now here I am with weird skin and ears ringing like none before also sinus pressure and headaches. Back on Diflucan and the “diet”. I experienced the rages and crying so nobody is alone on that one.
    I think the big frustration is after being on the diet for so long and seeing many doctors and tests galore, we wonder if there is a good end to this in sight…My family tolerates me but are frankly quite sick of my special meals or them eating what I do because I’m not up to cooking 2 meals at dinner.

As for acupuncture I have not looked into it yet. There was a free 15 minute session at local health store but I signed up too late. With all my uncovered medical bills, I hesitate. It seems everytime I venture to a new avenue, I come to dead ends. Everyone has there reasons for yeast overgrowth and I’m not sure what caused mine. I am looking to rule out all as I proceed with eliminating yeast.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Rage and anger are related to the liver more than anything from my experience…

-raster

mrs.candida

Thanks Raster, that’s insightful.

After giving my question some thought I’ve come to the conclusion that it MUST be a healing crisis. It would be silly of me to think that I could go for some ass kicking acupuncture, and do a liver cleanse and then not feel detox symptoms. I have the anger/aggravated feeling and an ingrown toe nail that’s been giving me trouble. On a positive note, I’m not currently having trouble sleeping, so apples for oranges?

As for the tea here’s a post where I photographed it, if anyone want’s to try and track it down.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6897_liver-cleanse.aspx

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Since I’ve been on treatment I’ve had anger and anxiety issues. I’m on day 80 something I believe and me not being able to eat makes me sad or angry. When I have some sugar with yogurt it doesn’t change me at all. Think it’s just part of the process?!

mrs.candida

Hey Mooch,
    This is more then just being angry because I can’t have a food I want.
    It’s strong uncontrollable anger from out of left field, and I can detect it as not really my feeling but more like something is affecting me. It’s different then the feeling of really being angry because XYZ happened.

I was not able to detect how this affected me until I broke the strict forum diet with sandwiches and xmas cookies. I believe I never would have been able to sort out the ways which certain foods were effecting me until I got totally symptom free and was able to feel it from ground zero.

I had not felt that out of control anger since xmas time, and then it showed up this weak.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I agree with Raster that it’s probably liver-related, especially if you’ve had intense treatment experiences lately. In the past when I’ve done detoxes/fasts/cleanses for different stuff, I’ve always had a period of time where I get extremely emotional. I have a friend who’s also a massage therapist who has an “angry” shoulder…she gets really irrationally angry when she gets bodywork done on it. A massage instructor I had in school told us about a friend of hers who became enraged when she practiced abdominal massage techniques on him when she was in school, even though he was excited for it and couldn’t explain himself after the fact. I think emotional memory can get locked into different areas of the body, and we only get rid of them through processing them properly, which I believe means experiencing them again.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

And if it makes you feel any better, I’ve had a lot of moments in the past couple of weeks where I cry a lot about nothing. Like, just hanging out watching Netflix, and suddenly I’m all blubbery and wrenched :p Over nothing apparent. When I was a kid, I used to cry really easily, and when I was 11 I finally got too embarrassed about it and made myself stop — completely. But I was only able to stop through self-mutilation, and it led to a lot of shame and suppressed emotions for the sake of not being a “crybaby,” and I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s only fair that I have to make up for that now! Over the past couple of years, I’ve started crying again more freely in general (you know, 15 years later :p), but it’s still hard for me to know how to be comfortable with being outwardly emotional. My personality type and demeanor are pretty low-key and impassive, so the process of reconciling myself to surprising people with displays of emotion is uncomfortable, but necessary.

Point of story, I guess, is that maybe this is just something overdue that you need to work through. I would imagine that 20 years of misdiagnoses and feeling like something is wrong all the time could lead to a significant backlog of rage, frustration, betrayal, etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘candida & sugar rage’ is closed to new replies.