Candida Sufferer? Advice Please!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Sufferer? Advice Please!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ds123 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ds123
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. I believe I have a candida problem, caused by a vegetarian diet and being on the Pill for a few years, but I’m not sure if it’s candida or something else. Basically the only major symptom I have is a skin rash (besides subjective things like craving sugar- I have a sweet tooth, and feeling bloated after eating- I may, but never so bad that I thought it was a symptom of a disease).

My rash was diagnosed by a dermatologist as dermagraphotism, a type of chronic urticaria. I was thinking it may also be pressure urticaria because small pink bumps, sometimes filled with clear liquid in center (kinda looks like a pimple) occur on my chest, neck, and shoulders when I wear clothing. My bra strap, collars of shirts, scarves, etc. have caused these little bumps for over a year now. They are not necessarily painful, or exceptionally itchy, although sometimes when they are bad they can be a little. At it’s worst I would get 10-15 of these little bumps in a day, but normally just have a constant few (under 5-10 normally) which would go away after 3 days or so. It’s mostly a cosmetic issue with me, but also a sign that there’s something strange going on with my body.

The derm kept telling me to take anti-histimines, but they didn’t work so I’m looking for a natural cure for the cause, not just a symptom suppressor.

I also did the candida spit test and I think it came back candida-positiive (cloudy bits sinking halfway down water level, few tiny strings floating), although I am going to ask someone with no health problems to do it with me for a control.

I guess I’m just wondering if you think this is candida or if the super-restrictive diet is clearing up another problem (gluten intolerance? etc.) that I may have. I just am a natrually very healthy person – rarely sick, no diseases, always feel great, never have any type of alleries, so I initially thought that a candida problem seemed unlikely for me.

After following a candida diet for 2 weeks, my symptoms nearly completely cleared so I began eating whatever I wanted for a few days. Soon the little red bumps came back. I’ve been back on the candida diet for a month or so now, and symptoms greatly reduced again (will get just one hive or two in high pressure areas like under my bra strap sometimes).

I’m scared to start incorporating foods into my diet again, for fear of relapse. Should lentils, other legumes, and non-glutenous grains like quinoa or brown rice be ok to eat? Also, what about adding in fruit and coffee? I know the diet guidelines say in Stage 2 they are ok, but I never did the cleanse and flush in step 1, just hit the stage 1 diet hard for 2-3 weeks (ate only stage 1 ok foods except for the carb-filled ones like quinoa, millet, rice, etc., plus the occasional tiny slip up) How will I know what timeline should cure this for good so I can start eating a well-balanced, healthy diet again without getting my hives back?(whole grains, fruits, veggies, meat, coffee, with the occasional treat of a dark chocolate bar or sorbet scoop? – no bingeing on candy!)

Sorry this is so long – I’d greatly appreciate any help!

ds123
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

Also, I’ve been on anti-funagls since the beginning- first garlique, then Grapefruit seed extract, then oil of oregano (not all at once). How often should I rotate these, and how long should I take them for?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Candida Sufferer? Advice Please!’ is closed to new replies.