Candida Shots

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Shots

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kathy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kathy
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hello,

I started being treated for candida in 1994. At that time I started Candida allergy shots, Diflucan and then eventually went to Nystatin for several years. I have been off of all sugars including all fruits since 1994 except on rare ocassions like Holidays. As a teenager, I took antibiotics for acne for a couple of years and I believe this and possibly birth control pills compromised my digestive system. To be honest, I am not sure I ever had Candida, as I was never tested at the time I started the treatment. Later, I started allergy shots for hayfever and that was the big turning point in my recovery. So it could have been allergies all along. Now I can’t seem to get my body back onto eating fruits because I have not eaten them for so long.

I have a very clean diet now and have not had any symptoms of Candida for at least ten years except I am still sensitive to some foods. But all in all, I feel great and tests for candida have turned out negative. However, I have continued the candida shots all these years and recently questioned myself as to why I would need them if I no longer test positive for Candida or have any symptoms. So 4 weeks ago I stopped the shots. Since that time I have been going through some detox symptoms, headache, nausea, foggy head, unclear thinking, canker sores, and worse of all a lot of fatigue. Like I said, it has been 4 weeks today and although all of the other symptoms have abated, the fatigue and headaches persist.

1. Do you think this is normal detox?
    2. Should I have taken the shots for so many years?
    3. Is it possible to acclimate my body to fruit again? If so, how? When I eat fruit, I feel weak and my head gets foggy.

I refuse to get back on the shots because I have come this far getting off of them, but I do want to get past this fatigue and headaches. Just need some reasurance and encouragement

Any input would be appreciated.

Kathy

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Kathy,

In my opinion your “detox symptoms” of “headache, nausea, foggy head, unclear thinking, canker sores, and worse of all a lot of fatigue” are really in fact candida symptoms. At the minimum they are related to toxins.

When you mention canker sores, what are you referring to? Are these little sores in the corners of your mouth? If so, I would check out pictures of angular chilitis which is basically oral thrush.

1)I don’t think this is a normal detox and feel that your candida symptoms could be returning. I also feel that these are symptoms of toxicity in general. Could be the candida toxins?

2)I don’t want to answer this but it seems like they prevented/suppressed your symptoms which I guess is a positive thing. I mean, you felt good, etc. while on the shots! Is there a more effective treatment? This is debateable…

3)From my experience it is possible to acclimate to eating fruit again. I’ve been eating them for the last year or so regularly, and have had blueberries daily throughout my treatment. I went on a honeymoon last June and ate fresh pineapple in Hawaii and had no reaction to it really. If you heal leaky gut and reduce the candida numbers, you shouldn’t be too sensitive to fruits in my opinion. I also currently eat an green apple daily (as well as blueberries) and this mildly sets me back, if at all. I know earlier in my treatment I wouldn’t be able to tolerate apples.

There are some other things to figure out in my opinion. There is the possibility that you have parasites and these produce toxins that are similar to candida toxins, so you could be getting parasite die-off somehow after stopping the shots. I would also consider seeing how you feel after trying out antifungals (maybe just do tea or some coconut oil to start out); if you feel really bad like before, you could have a gut flora imbalance of some sort (could be candida, could be parasites, could be other bugs).

Do you still have allergies other than candida (to other things?) I feel that all allergies can be cured if you heal leaky gut, and you simply may have not healed leaky gut and this is why some of the symptoms return.

Headaches are tied directly to the inflammation of the gut (this causes inflammation of the brain). The other symptoms sound like classic candida symptoms mostly.

I hope this helps and I hope you don’t have to go through all of this again.

-raster

Kathy

raster;40319 wrote: Hello Kathy,

In my opinion your “detox symptoms” of “headache, nausea, foggy head, unclear thinking, canker sores, and worse of all a lot of fatigue” are really in fact candida symptoms. At the minimum they are related to toxins.

When you mention canker sores, what are you referring to? Are these little sores in the corners of your mouth? If so, I would check out pictures of angular chilitis which is basically oral thrush.

1)I don’t think this is a normal detox and feel that your candida symptoms could be returning. I also feel that these are symptoms of toxicity in general. Could be the candida toxins?

2)I don’t want to answer this but it seems like they prevented/suppressed your symptoms which I guess is a positive thing. I mean, you felt good, etc. while on the shots! Is there a more effective treatment? This is debateable…

3)From my experience it is possible to acclimate to eating fruit again. I’ve been eating them for the last year or so regularly, and have had blueberries daily throughout my treatment. I went on a honeymoon last June and ate fresh pineapple in Hawaii and had no reaction to it really. If you heal leaky gut and reduce the candida numbers, you shouldn’t be too sensitive to fruits in my opinion. I also currently eat an green apple daily (as well as blueberries) and this mildly sets me back, if at all. I know earlier in my treatment I wouldn’t be able to tolerate apples.

There are some other things to figure out in my opinion. There is the possibility that you have parasites and these produce toxins that are similar to candida toxins, so you could be getting parasite die-off somehow after stopping the shots. I would also consider seeing how you feel after trying out antifungals (maybe just do tea or some coconut oil to start out); if you feel really bad like before, you could have a gut flora imbalance of some sort (could be candida, could be parasites, could be other bugs).

Do you still have allergies other than candida (to other things?) I feel that all allergies can be cured if you heal leaky gut, and you simply may have not healed leaky gut and this is why some of the symptoms return.

Headaches are tied directly to the inflammation of the gut (this causes inflammation of the brain). The other symptoms sound like classic candida symptoms mostly.

I hope this helps and I hope you don’t have to go through all of this again.

-raster

Thank you for the reply, Raster.

Yes, I agree that this is related to toxins. I agree that I must have leaky gut because of my sensitivities to foods. If the shots suppressed my symptoms that just cements my intention to not go back on them. Do you think it is just a matter of giving enough time for the toxins to clear and I will feel back to normal?

What is the best protocol for healing a leaky gut?

I have never tolerated coconut oil.

The canker sores I mentioned are not in the corners of my mouth. Maybe canker sore is not what they are. Started out as a swollen spot on the top lip then ulcer sore. It has scabbed over now and almost well.

I don’t know what I would do differently if this is a recurrence of Candida. I am still basically on the candida diet. I never went off it. I might try S. Boulardii and some enemas. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
    Kathy

Kathy

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Kathy,

I have a few questions.

1. How exactly were you tested for Candida (Blood, Stool, Saliva, etc.)???
    2. Did you ever focus on building healthy gut flora by taking Probiotics (Supplements & Ferments)???

Diet alone will never fix a candida infestation. Pro-biotics (including S. Boulardii) are the most important piece of the puzzle IMO.

Kathy

Danny33;40331 wrote: Kathy,

I have a few questions.

2. Did you ever focus on building healthy gut flora by taking Probiotics (Supplements & Ferments)???

Diet alone will never fix a candida infestation. Pro-biotics (including S. Boulardii) are the most important piece of the puzzle IMO.

I was tested by stool and by blood. I have been on Probitotics for years, various ones, the latest being Garden of Life and Ultimate Flora. Of course I have not treated this with diet alone as I posted in my first post about being on Diflucan for 2 years and Nystatin for several more years. I am going to start the S. Boulardii. It can’t hurt for sure.

Kathy

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The mouth sores could still be related to angular chilitis.

In order to heal leaky gut, you need to reduce the inflammation of the gut and heal it with specific supplements. I have a big leaky gut list from awhile back, but basically prebiotics, probiotics, anti-inflammatory foods, and specific supplements such as L-glutamine heal leaky gut. Cod liver oil is a great anti-inflammatory supplement, and a superior version is fermented cod liver oil which has natural ratios of vitamins A and D.

There are various methods to get over candida. If you have heavy metal toxicity (or high levels) you should consider chelation which removes this metals from the body. Nystatin and certain antifungals reduce the numbers but don’t cure the infestation. Homemade kefir is a great way to get a variety of probiotic strains in the gut in high numbers. Additionally, there is a probiotic out there called HMF neuro which is the only probiotic made from human micro flora which binds to your intestinal walls better than any other probiotic.

Others have tried more controversial treatments such as enemas, fecal transplants, boulardii, MMS, etc. with varying degrees of success.

I decided to go to a naturopath who uses homeopathic remedies to heal the liver, kidneys, and irrigate out the dead candida from your mucousal membranes. He is going to start me on chelation soon and has a strong understanding of minerals and their importance. I feel a holistic approach is most effective which heals multiple organs at once. What I am doing may be expensive, sort of controversial, and unique but I have made great strides with my health that I otherwise wouldn’t be able to accomplish on my own.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Kathy;40333 wrote:

Kathy,

I have a few questions.

I was tested by stool and by blood. I have been on Probitotics for years, various ones, the latest being Garden of Life and Ultimate Flora. Of course I have not treated this with diet alone as I posted in my first post about being on Diflucan for 2 years and Nystatin for several more years. I am going to start the S. Boulardii. It can’t hurt for sure.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the forum !

I would like to know if you had/have a MD guiding you during your treatment.

What were Diflucan doses you took during those years ???

Did you take Diflucan together with Nystatin at some point of the treatment ??

I want to help you but need to have a more detailed information.

Jorge.

Kathy

I don’t remember the dose of the Diflucan. That’s been 18 years ago. AFTER I got off the Diflucan I started the nystatin and stayed on that for about 10 years. No problem getting off of it. I do have a doctor I work with, but I really have not needed him in the last few years. I did call my allergist today because he is the one that makes my allergy shots. He told me to give it another week. He says that if I do feel better on the shots it could be because I am allergic to the candida in my system not that I have a candida overgrowth. But I do think I need to take some measures to repair leaky gut just in case. Plus this incident has shown me that I am too toxic.

Kathy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida Shots’ is closed to new replies.