Candida Questions–please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Questions–please help

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

eve24
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Hi everyone! I just joined this forum and wanted to ask a few questions. I am 24 years old, and I believe I have suffered from an overgrowth of candida since my early college years (symptoms include chronic yeast infections, fungal infection on toenails, feeling drained all the time even though I’m young and active). This has gone on for years and only seems to be getting worse.

The thing is, I have a limited income and my insurance is refusing to pay for my doctor’s visits which I cannot afford to pay for out of pocket. I was hoping to get a prescription for Nyastatin, but that will not work out. This diet and supplement program sounds exceedingly difficult to follow, especially for someone who attends parties and potlucks (think: alcohol and pasta) on a regular basis. However, I am willing to jump into it if I could believe that it works…I was thinking of using raw garlic, coconut oil and capryllic acid as the anti-fungals instead of Nyastatin, but my candida infection IS pretty severe and I am worried that those are too mild?

Is it advisable to just jump into the diet and start taking the antifungals/probiotics completely on my own? It is going to be quite the committment and I will have to constantly refuse food from friends and family. If any of you have gone on this diet and supplement program, when did you realize it was working? What tipped you off? I’m pretty sure that if my fungal infection and yeast infections went away, I would know. I just don’t want to give up too early. Should I take the leap of faith despite having not gone to a doctor?

(Actually, I went to a podiatrist for my toenails, and he said he was almost sure that it was due to a yeast overgrowth given my history that I had been on antibiotics for a whole year. However, my insurance refused to pay for lab tests so I cannot be sure.)

Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well you don’t need insurance to cover the diet, do you!?

Even though you want nystatin, there are other antifungals that work effectively. My favorite three are grapefruit seed extract, oregano oil, and SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne research. Garlic works and caprylic acid also works; any of these should be effective.

The thing is about testing…is that you cannot get a positive diagnosis from a doctor that follows western medicine. They will call it something else, prescribe you stuff that isn’t effective, and then 5 months later you will wonder what to do next because it was inneffective. Quite simply, it is waste of time and money…the only way to heal yourself is through the diet.

Me and (mostly Able) devised this protocol that you should consider:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

The single most important thing you will need to recover is probiotics. This is the opposite of antibiotics which stands for “against life.” Antibiotics removed the beneficial and bad bacteria flora from your gut and this caused an immune imbalance. The only way to alleviate is to use probiotics long term. Natural probiotics occur in kefir; you can make this at home and it would be much cheaper than buying a probiotic at a store.

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth. Why? Because you have likely had this infestation for years.

Even though you think it’d be bad to give up alcohol and not eat the normal foods you like; this is harming your body and is doing more damage than you think. The only way to heal yourself is to do the opposite which is a healthy diet. If you want to feel good and normal again…you gotta try it out.

Results can be immediate, but recovery will be long term. The first thing on the diet you will experience is die-off symptoms; and if you experience these, it means you have candida. This is more effective than any test in my opinion because you don’t get die-off from anything else I know about.

Hope this helps and I encourage you to try the diet as strictly as possible.

eve24

Thank you for your prompt reply! True, I do not need insurance to cover the diet, and for that I am relieved. I looked at the link you provided as well as this “The Candida Diet Website” and would like to give this a try.

I am most nervous about the cleanse. You reccommended using a lemon juice drink as opposed to psyllium husk and bentonite clay, and I like that suggestion. However, I have never fasted or cleansed, and I am afraid I will get severely hungry. I get cranky when I skip a meal, and I also feel as if I can’t think. Could I add avocados in to the cleanse diet if I get too hungry, or should I just try to make it through the hunger pangs? Perhaps they are not as bad as I fear? I am willing to try the cleanse and then the diet, but I am concerned that 7 days will be an eternity, especially since I work aas a nanny 5 days a week. It is a stressful and energy requiring job.

Again, thank you for your response. I am going to try the Candida diet and supplemenet program. Any words of wisdom about the cleanse are welcome :).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The cleanse is completely optional so it is up to you. Small amounts of food are allowed during the cleanse I believe.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

eve24 wrote: I was thinking of using raw garlic, coconut oil and capryllic acid as the anti-fungals instead of Nyastatin, but my candida infection IS pretty severe and I am worried that those are too mild?

Hello, Eve, welcome to the forum.

All you need to do is do is search for the published research on the comparisons between Nystatin and natural antifungals to know whether they’re too weak or not.

All plants have a botanical or scientific name, for example, the botanical name for garlic is Allium sativum, for sweet basil it’s Ocymum basilium, and for oregano the name is Origanum vulgare.

The following is taken from several published studies comparing oil of oregano (Origanum vulgare) with Nystatin.

The antifungal properties of Origanum vulgare oil were examined both in vitro and in vivo. A comparison of the effectiveness of Origanum oil and Nystatin was examined in vitro using Candida albicans in broth cultures. Of the two, it was found that only Origanum oil at 0.25 mg/ml completely inhibited the growth of C. albicans in culture. The germination and the mycelia growth of Candida albicans were both found to be inhibited by Origanum oil in a dose-dependent manner.

Source:
    Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry Journal
    Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Section of Microbiology University of Bari
    Asian Journal of Plant Sciences
    Medicinal Plants Research Center, Faculty of Medicine
    Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, University of Medical Sciences

These studies prove that prescription antifungals are no stronger than an over-the-counter natural antifungals.
    You mentioned raw garlic, coconut oil and Caprylic acid; all of these are at least as strong if not stronger than Nystatin.

Able

eve24

Thank you for all your help! I will give the natural antifungals a try. Tomorrow I have a day off from work and am planning to go to the health food store in order to buy some.

Is it adviseable to take 2 or 3 at a time (such as oregano oil, garlic and capryllic acid), or should I just take one at a time and rotate what I take each month?

How do I know what dosages to take? Will it say on the supplement package?
    I know that either way I am supposed to rotate anti-fungals, but I was just wondering if it is overkill to take 3 at once.

Thanks again. I’m getting my kitchen ready by giving away certain foods that are perfectly good but that I can’t eat on the diet. Saying good bye to fruit is the hardest, but I saw in stage 3 that one can re-introduce it gradually, so at least I won’t have to avoid raspberries and apples forever :).

All the best and happy holidays.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Quote: Is it advisable to take 2 or 3 at a time (such as oregano oil, garlic and capryllic acid), or should I just take one at a time and rotate what I take each month?

Reply: Don’t start with 2 or 3, start with one antifungal such as coconut oil which is also a whole food source and will prevent severe weight loss while on the diet. Start with 1 teaspoon a day, the 3rd day move up to 2 teaspoons, then continue to add one teaspoonful every other day until you reach 10 teaspoons throughout the day.

Quote: I know that either way I am supposed to rotate anti-fungals, but I was just wondering if it is overkill to take 3 at once.

Reply: Take the coconut oil for two full weeks, and then add another antifungal such as oil of oregano. In two weeks, we’ll talk about the dosage which will depend on how you’ve progressed at that time. Don’t stop the coconut oil at that time; we’ll also talk about that when you’re ready to start the oregano.

If you’ve not read the “Protocol” which is on the forum please read it before continuing.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Let us know if you have other questions.
    Able

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Candida Questions–please help’ is closed to new replies.