candida / pcos metformin 1000 mg

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions candida / pcos metformin 1000 mg

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Hey everyone I’ve found out that on this diet / protocol I’m not getting my periods. I don’t have the diet completely down yet but getting there
    I stopped taking metformin due 2 the possiblity of low sugar on diet.

I think this is the reason because my periods are restored on this Med and it helpd me get preggo. I have pcos and insulin resistance but don’t have diabetes. I’m considered going back on this Med but low sugar is still a concern as this Med is a type 2 diabetes Med to lower sugar. My sugar hasn’t been high in very long despite eating sugar in past.

Do u guys think I should or shouldn’t go back on this Med. Also since I’m not trying to conceive now is it bad if I just don’t get a period? And wait to go back on that Med. I know the Med helps my pcos but my goal is kicking candida now.also I have been on and off with treatment for 2 months now

Thanks

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Not getting your period, pcos, and insulin resistance are are candida symptoms. It’s my belief that if you cure your candida you will get your period back naturally.

I’m not familiar with metformin, but it sounds like it’s working on your endocrine system? Maybe adding extra hormones?

Is “not getting your period” your only symptom if you stop taking it? If so, then it seems to me that the metformin is just a band aid for your candida symptoms.

hope4eva77

I never heard of pcos being candida realated if that’s the case then I have had candida for much longer than I thought 8 years & my baby just aggravated it to the point of painful symptoms.

Metformin is a drug to lower blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. It is giving to people with pcos and or insulin resistance to help with fertility and restore menstruation and is commonly used for it. It seemd to restore my cycle and I know I need a period so it all comes out but I don’t wanna lower my sugar in the process.

I could also induce with progesterone but this isn’t good for candida so probably not a good idea. I used to use natural organic progesterone to induce a period when I 1st was diagnosed .

It is possible that if I ride it out I maybe will regulate my cycle but also possible I won’t. Idk what 2 do here. My main goal is to reduce or cure my bladder & vaginal pain. Anything else can b managed but ofcourse turning everything around would b awesome to

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hope, I have PCOS too, I just refuse the medication from the MD since it’s just a candida symptom.

My main goal is curing my candida, and helping my body to heal itself.

My main goal is to reduce or cure my bladder & vaginal pain

Then you should ask yourself if the medication you are taking is helping that. Although I really think that if you just focused on Candida your bladder & vaginal pain would be gone as well as your pcos, (which can also be aggravated by pregnancy) and you’ll likely get your normal cycle back.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I agree with Mrs. Candida…since there are so many symptoms to candida, it really seems like tackling that first makes the most sense…I think 80-100% of everything else will fall into place when that is under control…and if it’s not 100%, the remaining things will be easier to work on.

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

I too have had PCOS and missed periods. My doctor found in bloodwork my vit D level extremely low and prescribed me 5000 units a day of D3. After a couple weeks, period started. I also believe this is all candida related.

hope4eva77

Thanks I’ve been off the Med 4 around a 2 months now, I just wasent sure if I should start it again for a period but I guess I won’t

Ill continue to stay off it and see what happens .that’s interesting bout the d3 awhile back about a year ago a neurologist did a work up with most all vitamins & I was normall 4 all

It looks like if I have another child I will have 2 b super careful with my diet no binging ! K thanks y’all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘candida / pcos metformin 1000 mg’ is closed to new replies.