Candida or fructose malabsorption?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida or fructose malabsorption?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sirjj 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

sirjj
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I’ve been on the scd diet since August, and started the candida version of it on January 2nd. I’ve cut out all sugars, honey fruits etc. I thought I had candida because I have a white tounge, and I passed gas kind of frequently, but I did over do the honey and some fruits so I’m not sure if it’s fructose malabsorbtion or just my Crohns Disease that I have and what I just said.

I just want to get back to baking with honey and having my frozen bananas again. I hardly have any of the symptoms of candida, no topical fungus, no jock itch etc only white coated tounge and I do have brain fog but I’ve had that before I even started all of this so who knows.

How do you go about re adding fruits and honey back into your diet and what do you look for if it is having a bad effect on you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Try a week with it and a week without it. If symptoms return during that week then its not a good idea. If you have any kind of digestive problems its not a good idea.

-raster

sirjj

raster;57439 wrote: Try a week with it and a week without it. If symptoms return during that week then its not a good idea. If you have any kind of digestive problems its not a good idea.

-raster

What symptoms should I be looking for? Keep in mind I do have Crohns disease and I’m on the scd diet

raster
    Participant

Allergic reactions would be the top symptom. This is typically described as a burning feeling, similar to indian rugburn, but throughout your whole body. Some people have skin problems, some people have asthma, etc. everyone has their own symptoms. But if your digestion suddenly gets worse and you are constipated, this is something to be concerned about.

I personally would get headaches, heart palpitations, tremors, ringing ears, bloodshot eyes, etc. The symptoms I would experience are likely different than most other people.

-raster

sirjj

raster;57452 wrote: Allergic reactions would be the top symptom. This is typically described as a burning feeling, similar to indian rugburn, but throughout your whole body. Some people have skin problems, some people have asthma, etc. everyone has their own symptoms. But if your digestion suddenly gets worse and you are constipated, this is something to be concerned about.

I personally would get headaches, heart palpitations, tremors, ringing ears, bloodshot eyes, etc. The symptoms I would experience are likely different than most other people.

-raster

Wow I’ve never had any of those symptoms, Sheesh I’m starting to think I don’t have candida or I just have a small case of it. What else could a white tounge be? Also I did have a problem with some times food showing in my stool, but I cured that or got rid of that problem with taking betaine hcl and L glutamine.

raster
    Participant

I would consider doing some testing before starting out the diet or try out something like s. boulardii. You could have a very light overgrowth or none at all…

-raster

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Go get a fructose malabsorption test done and/ or try the low FODMAP diet.
    Most humans have a slightly white tongue, it is not a sign of candida.

sirjj

I forgot to mention I do have what looks like white fuzzy stuff on some parts of my stool, not a lot, and mucous though I found out mucous was normal and had nothing to do with Candida. It isn’t super white but it is white.

I might see if I can get a fructose test but the only symptoms I could think of is passing gas more frequently which could be from the fiber, and maybe a little bloating.

Edit : Also I never crave anything like sugar lol

raster
    Participant

If you have gas problems after meals, you could have deficiencies in stomach acid:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

-raster

sirjj

raster;57462 wrote: If you have gas problems after meals, you could have deficiencies in stomach acid:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

-raster

I meant after eating a good amount of fruit and honey, I don’t have gas after I eat. But yea I’m going to try some honey or fruit and see how I do, I guess I’ll try some frozen bananas.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Candida or fructose malabsorption?’ is closed to new replies.