Candida of the esophogus

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida of the esophogus

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  winemom 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

healthypatient2000
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

New to the forum.

Was diagnosed with esophogeal candidiasis a month ago. Took Oravig (miconazole buccal) for 14 days. While I have not gone back for another upper GI scope to confirm, I can *feel* that there is something still there…

Has anyone had this condition and effectively eliminated it?

What I am doing (starting today):
    – the candida diet
    – raw garlic 3x daily
    – grapefruit seed extract 3x daily
    – oregano oil 2x daily
    – milk thistle
    – fish oil
    – vit D

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It seems that there is a slightly different challenge with oral versus esophogeal. I have IBS and gastritis too.

Again, thank you.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

The first thing you need to do is to read the post “Dangers of Die-Off” on the forum. Before you go any further with the diet or antifungals, you definitely need information on how to handle the die-off symptoms.

If you’ve not been on the diet previously, but are just starting it today, you certainly DO NOT need to take any type of antifungal yet. The reason for this is, if you start the diet and start taking numerous antifungals all at one time, you will created a horrible and dangerous episode of die-off symptoms. This is not only terribly uncomfortable for a human being to endure, but it can also be dangerous for your liver and in fact your entire body as well.

Please just start the diet, and don’t worry about anything else for two full weeks on the diet without cheating, then we can talk some more about which antifungals to think about starting.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ya, don’t overdue the diet and supplements all at once. I suggest as much rest as possible, get maybe 8-9 hours if you can.

Many of your other organs are probably damaged as well and you will want to take supplements to heal those in time. Examples include kidneys, liver, bladder, lungs, intestines, etc. There are ways to heal all of your organs it just takes time and patience.

If possible, reduce your sugar intake to less than 15mg a day. This can be like 2 strawberries, 1/4-1/2 apple, etc. Change your toothpaste to non-sugar one. Stop all medications if possible.

healthypatient2000

Able – Thanks for that. After I posted, I realized it looked like I was administering everything at once. And that’s not the case.

I should say that from about 2000 – 2009 I strictly adhered to Elaine Gottschall’s Specific Carbohydrate Diet for IBS and staying on the diet (which is even more restrictive than the Candida Diet here) helped enormously. I had some serious die-off then which I weathered pretty well and then had a decade of reasonably good health.

UNTIL 2009 when I started to experiment with re-introducing ‘illegal foods'(I’m talkin’ Dunkin’ here) and the “experiment” ended with gastritis, spastic colon, GERD, and esoph. candidiasis.

I am totally freaked out by the esoph. candidiasis and am hoping that others who have successfully cleared it up will also post.

But in the meantime, your advice is good – I will stick to the diet (I eat alot of garlic regularly anyway) and in two weeks I will check in with you and we’ll talk antifungals.

With deepest gratitude for your company/expertise on this forum –
    HP

healthypatient2000

@ Raster –
    Thank you – I think I will avoid all fruits for now as that is not a big lift for me.

I was given a cholesterol-lowering drug as well as a proton-pump inhibitor for the gastritis – I’m not a fan of either of those drugs…

Any problem with fish oil or vit D?

taurusamorous
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

Hello Healthypatient!

I have a great deal of experience with all of what you have posted, and would like to share it with you in order to give you some feedback/support.

I too was diagnosed with GERD (about 4 years ago), followed by gastritis, peptic ulcers, spastic colon (IBS) (just this past February), and esoph. candidiasis (twice…once 3 years ago and once last year, both I would imagine from my Advair inhaler which is a steroid…after upper endoscopy), as well as a misdiagnosis of asthma (which GERD mimics I was told later by my allergist who cleared up the whole situation).

So….all of this being said…….I HAVE BEEN THERE! I’ve been put on every medication imaginable to treat the GERD, IBS and candidiasis….omeprazole, diflucan, nexium, prilosec, and finally dexilant (which was the kiss of death and when many new symptoms started).

After suffering from all of these digestive issues, with a new IBS diagnosis that I had no idea how to treat, I began reading about women and IBS and how many of them believed they were misdiagnosed, having had all of the symptoms for candidiasis. It was then that I decided to put myself on the candida diet and see if my symptoms would decrease. I am on day 26 of the diet, and I have not had ONE digestive problem. NO GERD, bloating, pain, discomfort, bowel problems, etc.

I have, however, broken out into a full body itch, which has recently spread to my eyes and ear nose and throat only. I was thinking it was die-off reactions, but now I believe it to be new allergies that I have developed with the elimination diet. I finally went to the doctor,and am waiting back on bloodwork to see if my liver function is ok.

Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend that you stick to the diet to cure yourself of IBS and all of the digestive issues you could possibly have. Chances are if you have candidiasis in your esophagus, you have it down in your intestines as well. Rid yourself of it and you will feel like a new person!

Best of luck!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend that you visit a naturopathic doctor instead of regular traditional western doctors. Western doctors will just try to diagnose the problem and prescribe you medications, while naturopathic doctors will find a way to help your body heal naturally without medications.

taurusamorous
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

I don’t believe in western medicine, and have been put through the ringer by GI after GI not knowing what is going on with my stomach, etc. Trust me, I’d love to just see a naturopath, but unfortunately, they are not licensed in New York State to do lab work, and I want to make sure there is not another problem going on with my organs/blood. Once I get the results back, I will definitely go see a naturopath who can give me some guidance. Thanks for the suggestion though, it was very thoughtful!

winemom
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 45

How were you tested for esophogus candida? What symptoms were you having? Sometimes my throat is sore and my esophogus area seems weird kind od not breathing right but no wheezing – something is just different

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Candida of the esophogus’ is closed to new replies.