Candida, not CFS

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida, not CFS

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chlofloso 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nikkiserenity
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Hi, I have been suffering with all of the candida symptoms at some level or other for the past 15 years. I had previously done candida diets that seemed to work for a while then when I was eating sugar again the symptoms returned. I have seen numerous doctors over the years but no diagnosis, just loads of tests. Then two years ago I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). This was difficult for me to accept as it meant no cure! Last week I read an article that said CFS does not exist and that it is a misdiagnosis for something else. Amoung the list of alternative illnesses was Candida. This screamed out from the page at me because of the severity of most of the symptoms I am experiencing, and knowing I had suffered with candida for many years. So I am back to try this diet, it seems stricter than the one I did before so my fingers are firmly crossed that this time it works and I can get renewed health and vitality.

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

I’m also diagnosed with CFS. But I also think that it is a mix of candida and hypersensitivity. I’ve got the a blend of the symptoms from both diseases, and I think the diet will make my “CFS-symptoms” go away and the hypersensitivity symptoms milder.

But I disagree with the article. A know a person who has it bad. She can’t walk and she sleeps uptil 16 hours. Sometimes she sleeps the whole night, eats a bit and is awake in 2-3 hours and then sleeps until the evening, eats a bit and is awake 2-3 hours and then sleeps a whole more night. She is really sick.
    But I also now another person who is diagnosed CFS that I think is just lazy and a bit mentally ill.

I think the diagnose is maybe used a bit too often, instead of really figure out what’s wrong. But not in every case. There is a reason why they study it so intens in Norway, some people are really sick.

If you are sure you got candida then go for it! 😀 And be strong, I promise you that this will test your willpower or lack thereof, but I’m sure you can do it when you have found this site.

Good luck!

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

I also dont believe CFS is really a disease. Rather its a condition that is not clearly laid out yet. Incurable? Nonsense. We are not victims of a disease that falls out of the sky. There is a cause and we can do something about it.

Go for it Nikki. And dont hesitate to ask a lot of questions on this forum.

nikkiserenity
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

Nadja, it sounds like your friend has M.E which is definately an illness in it’s own right, as is Fibromyalgia. It is too common nowadays for those to be lumped together with CFS. M.E apparently comes on acutely and people with Fibromyalgia are in a lot of pain, this as far as I can see are the distinct differences from CFS.
    Chris I like your optimism that there is a cause and we can do something about it, I certainly intend to.
    Thanks both for your support.

boganmobile
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 30

NadjaB wrote: I’m also diagnosed with CFS. But I also think that it is a mix of candida and hypersensitivity.

What is hypersensitivity? Is it an illness?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

boganmobile wrote:

I’m also diagnosed with CFS. But I also think that it is a mix of candida and hypersensitivity.

What is hypersensitivity? Is it an illness?

Not an illness, rather a quality. Hypersensitivity refers to high-sensitive persons. It is a relatively new entry in the psychological world. Approximately 1 in 5 or 6 people have what we would call a highly sensitive brain, which means these people have great difficulty filtering information that comes in, which means they get overwhelmed easily. This does not mean they are cry babies or more emotional than others, it means that they notice more and have to process more information than the average person. This chronic overkill of information and stimuli can eventually lead to physical conditions like chronic fatigue, depression and hyperventilation. Especially in this day and age.

One highly sensitive person may be more sensitive or less sensitive than the next, making it a rather vague diagnosis, if the word diagnosis is appropriate at all. This can lead to people not understanding it at all, because of the differences between people who call themselves high sensitive. e.g. the extremely sensitive person feels misunderstood because the in his regard less sensitive person (who may call himself high sensitive) claims the same issues as him. But the differences can be too big for the first to accept the latters claim.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

What does M.E. stand for?

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

M.E. stands for myalgic encephalomyelitis, which is what CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) is called in the UK. Scientific literature mostly uses the two names interchangeably for the same syndrome, however there are people who say the two are not the same.

Chloe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida, not CFS’ is closed to new replies.