Candida nightmare

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida nightmare

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SunnyTimes 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

promo
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Hey everyone,

Time to share my candida nightmare that is still presently going on.

In mid April 2017, I crashed my motorbike in thailand, and was given antibiotics because of the road rash.

I also had unprotected sex with my girlfriend during that month, which we later realized she had a yeast infection.

I was peeing a lot like 15+ times a day and I thought I had a UTI which I’ve gotten many times previously.

So i saw the doctor, and got more antibiotics, not knowing anything about candida, which of course made things worse.

I had a constant urge to pee, and never felt that I got all the urine out. I then started trying different antibiotics, which made things worse again, as my penis testicles and anus got extremely red and itchy.

At this point I was going insane, as no doctor had an answer for me, until I finally stumbled across candida online in august 2017. I went straight to the store and got some coconut oil and fluconazole and in 3 days my symptoms dissapeared!

Then I had sex with my girlfriend thinking she was healed by now (i know im an idiot) and all the symptoms came right back. i was devastated and became extremely depressed.

The fluconazole and coconut oil didn’t work anymore, and I didn’t know what to do. I tried bullshitting my way around different antifungals but never took it seriously, nor did I change my diet at all of many sugars and carbs.

I finally decided to just live with it, as I couldn’t deal with the depression after each failed antifungal didn’t work.

This went on for a few months, until december 2017 i started having stomach issues, light sensitity and i was having terrible diarrhea and fever for 3 days. I thought i got food poisoning, but after the initial sickness went away, the digestive symptoms and light sensitivty persisted.

The doctors didn’t know what the problem was, and I went scouring online again and found out about leaky gut. And what causes it? Candida!

I was furious. I was so done with this fucking thing ruining my life, that I went online and bought loads of candida and leaky gut supplements, figuring that If take a bunch at once, that it would have to work.

Lo and behold, a week later after taking the supps, my symptoms were gone again. I continued taking the supps for another week just to be sure, and it looked like i was in the clear!

After not being able to drink alcohol for so long, i started easing back into it and one night in late feb. 2018 i got way too drunk at the bar and ended up making out with a prostitute (i know, i’m the dumbest person ever).

30 mins later I had a weird taste in my mouth and was spitting on the ground. i went home and the next morning i woke up and felt like death. naseau, fatigue, no appetite, fever, red throat, so i went back to the doctors got tested for stds came back negative, and was put on antibiotics due to an obvious bacterial infection I got.

It took about 2 weeks and a few rounds of antibiotics to get rid of the initial sickness, but other symptoms then emerged.

Now i have the frequent urination, freuquent mucous and swallowing, light sensitivity, brain bog, fatigue, skin rashes all over my body, a bunch of food sensitivities. i can only really eat meat and vegetables now without my symptoms worsening.

I was depressed for a long time after seeing more doctors and not having an answer/ me not knowing what to do, until I finally realized it was probably the candida acting up again and i never fully killed it. So I knew I had to come back to the us and take care of this for good. I got the GI-Map Test and Organic Acids Test, and showed positive for salmonella, cholerae, bacillus, enterococcus, staph, step, proteus, fragilis, leaky gut, gluten sensitivity, and of course candida.

It’s now july 2018, and ordered a bunch of new antimicrobial supps from a functional medicine doctor online and they should be arriving soon.

This is really my last hope, as I have been taken to the brink. I know how insane this story is, and the crazy thing is i didn’t realize how insane i was for the longest time. The candida has been control of my mind since april 2017, and definitely the worst part of this whole disease. Every decision I’ve made, both with my health and other areas of my life has been wrong.

I’ve ended up spending 10s of thousands of dollars on doctors, medicines, supplements, and countless hours depressed and laying in bed. I’ve had a rough life, but nothing even comes close to this year and almost one half nightmare.

I’ll list all the supplements I have when they arrive, and please let me know if you guys have any tips and/or had experience getting rid of bacteria overgrowth alongside candida. Would also be great to talk someone privately who has gone something similar on pm, email, etc.

I’m thankful a community like this exists, when I was too stupid to seek out help before. Hope everyone is doing well.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

That is a crazy story, well done for sharing and being so honest!

My thoughts about bacterial and fungal infections is that there are a lot of commonalities when treating them. You need to boost your immune system by sleeping well and getting lots of healthy nutrition, you need to avoid junk food, and you need to take lots and lots of probiotics.

My main advice would be to take probiotic supplements and as many probiotic foods as you can. Make sauerkraut at home – it’s so easy. Buy plain, probiotic yogurt. Get a good probiotic supplement. Start all this with low doses, then increase slowly. Nothing you do will be more effective at restoring long term balance in your gut and elsewhere.

Good luck!

sweetcandida
    Participant
    Replies: 2

How about pure coconut water ?

doublek
    Participant
    Replies: 46

As suggested above, probiotics would be a good addition. Also, you have to take the antifungals for longer than a few weeks. Just because the symptoms are going away, it doesn’t mean you are cured. Also, look into taking some vitamins and minerals. I recommend vitamin d, biotin, zinc, copper, and magnesium.

WhiteTrash
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 35

Seems like an ordeal!

I can relate to some of your experience, but definitely not as dramatic or severe.

What cut it for me for good: Nystatin powder.

I had tried natural solutions, oregano oil, garlic, every supplement you can think of.

Only a few weeks of Nystatin made me feel normal again.

Fludan has a website, it’s eady to order from them

promo
    Participant

thanks for replies everyone.

did you do the nystatin powder enema? I saw a post on that but the fludan site seems to be down. anywhere else i can get it?

did you do the nystatin powder enema? I saw a post on that but the fludan site seems to be down. anywhere else i can get it?

Lippygirl
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I have read that eating any fermented foods such as saurkraut, keffir, kambucha are not recommended if you have Candida as the fermentation mimmicks the candida. A fairly good test is the water test. Take a glass of water to bed and in the morning first thing spit into the glass. If the glob starts to run down the inside of the glass then candida is present, if the glob stays on the surface you have mild candida. Everyone has Candida, some are triggered through poor habits than others. Oxalates also weaken the stomach lining and cause leaky gut which Candida then takes advantage of. Steer clear of spinach cooked or war, potatoes, sweet potato, beetroot, chocolate, oranges, any berries, carrots other root veges and all nuts except macadamias, also no seeds or Tahini. Instead eat cabbage, lettuce or bokchoi corn, plenty of garlic, onion. Broccoli is ok in small amounts. Cauliflower is good, peas, green beans, there are a few lists on google that you can easily access. Stay with that, get rid of flour, sugar, dairy and pork. Then reassess in a months time. Also no beers maybe a little wine or spirits no mixers. Plenty of water 6-8 glasses of filtered water. This has been my experience. Also eat a lot of sprouts as they are apparently a prebiotic. You can eat some black beans, chickpeas of letntils but they do have some Oxalates so small amounts.

WhiteTrash
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 35

Fludan website is up and running perfectly, I just checked it 2 min ago

promo
    Participant

ok i can see it now, thx man.

for the enemas can i use something like this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYCAZI6

or do i need the big ones with the tubes?

promo
    Participant

for some reason the forum isn’t showing my posts!

when was the last time someone succesffuly received their order from fludan, it’s been over a week and its still processing for me.

SunnyTimes
    Participant
    Replies: 4

@promo
    Bottom line, in my experience this is a one-way journey. Going back to old ways of eating and drinking isn’t possible. Blitzing the Candida with creams or drugs gives temporary respite – Candida appears to adapt (it has various states it can morph into – nasty stuff). Search for ‘Wikipedia Candida albicans’ and then ‘morphology’ to see what it can get up to. The new reality (diet and drink) is painful but ultimately healthy.

Itchy genitals – Candida and Tineas (jock itch / ringworm / athletete’s foot if on the feet) are both types of fungi (yeast is a fungi). From experience it appears that getting Candida can lead to Tinea on the skin. Canesten (Clotrimazole) fights both, so is good as a topical cream / temporary respite. Cure the Candida in the gut and the Tineas seems to go away. Not sure if the Candida in the gut spreads to the genitals via the anus / urethra, or through spores? carried by the blood. Loose cotton clothes, especially at night, reduces damp for the Tinea.

Constant urge to pee (presumably stinging) – this increases with me during die off. I currently believe that it’s toxins, rather than Candida yeast / spores, that cause this. I suspect that once the Candida exceeds a certain critical level in the gut the released toxins from constant natural die-off are concentrated enough to be felt as a stinging sensation. Once die-off proper occurs perhaps a huge volume of toxins released. Symptoms are like bad flu – probably puts a lot of stress on body, like regularly getting bad flu.

Fluconazole – can cause liver damage. Be really careful with any medications that you put into your body. I’ve read that it may only cause temporary respite. Coconut butter applied externally – excellent stuff, but didn’t cure the Candida.

Profound diet changes probably required. Even an apple juice can now trigger off brief but severe Candida growth and subsequent die-off in me (liquid goes straight down to the gut). Flour products (large surface area) also seem to lead to a strong reaction. Wholegrain rice is acceptable to my body.

Antibiotics are a known cause of Candida. Also any bugs that knock out the immune system. Chlorine in drinking or swimming water, pesticides and possibly mercury amalgam in teeth might also be causes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Candida nightmare’ is closed to new replies.