candida myths

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions candida myths

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Someone sent this to me when I was first dx’d seriously trying to tell me Candida itself is a myth….

Now, whose the quack?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Oh well, I dont take quackwatch seriously anyway, really one of the worst “medical authority” sites out there. It probably takes an arrogant person to run a website that claims to know the truth about everything. They dont see that their oh so ‘scientific reasoning’ is actually a believe that everything that they dont understand by definition must be quackery.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

The summary (in the quote) is the problem, and it’s what happens when you have people who don’t understand or are happy to disregard physiology/biochemistry, medicine and scientific research (naturopaths, chiropractors, homoeopaths and other CAM quacks) “diagnosing” people with things. Remember they attribute a deluded sense of worth to their non-education and earn their living from “treating” you. The article detailed what happens in such cases, and to discount the significance of this is as stupid as disregarding blatant yeast problems that are spewing white pus in your face.

I believe that practitioners who diagnose nonexistent “yeast problems” should have their licenses revoked. Some apply this diagnosis to nearly every patient they see.

I’ve read a few articles on Quackwatch and I was a bit disappointed they didn’t go into more detail. The purpose of the site seems to be to expose healthcare “professionals” who practise quackery. There’s no real discussion of the research on candida and its treatment, and there wasn’t in the one on heavy metal toxicity either. Someone needs to rip on quacks, and it delivers an important reminder not to rely on inaccurate self-diagnoses and get sucked into conspiracy theories and medical fantasy (subfluxation, the-cause-of-all-disease X, and the like).

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

One of the terrible dr’s at my local surgery described it as that & told me to take antibiotics for the eczema flare up, luckily I previously had a bad experience with him (when I went in there after blacking out from stomach cramps & dizziness – very likely candida before I was aware of it), where he told me to take a few days off work, but wasn’t going to do anything for me.

He’s the same Dr who limits his patience to 5mins, I found out that here in the UK, GPs get paid per patient.

Javizy

benc wrote: He’s the same Dr who limits his patience to 5mins, I found out that here in the UK, GPs get paid per patient.

I don’t think I’ve ever spent half that long with a doctor. You’d think they weren’t allowed to ask questions either. It’s not like questions help with diagnosing, is it? I don’t know if complete lack of care aka the NHS or paying £200/month insurance + 30% of fees like my Japanese friend is worse…

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Javizy wrote:

He’s the same Dr who limits his patience to 5mins, I found out that here in the UK, GPs get paid per patient.

I don’t think I’ve ever spent half that long with a doctor. You’d think they weren’t allowed to ask questions either. It’s not like questions help with diagnosing, is it? I don’t know if complete lack of care aka the NHS or paying £200/month insurance + 30% of fees like my Japanese friend is worse…

There are some who have given me the time & clearly know what i’m talking about when I have mentioned I am treating myself for candida, even though the NHS don’t recognise it.

Why would they though, one of their biggest commodities has a huge part to play in destroying a healthy gut.

The whole system is a shambles, you have to see a doctor twice before you can get a referral. People in this country have far too much faith in the system.

Chris24

benc wrote:
    The whole system is a shambles, you have to see a doctor twice before you can get a referral. People in this country have far too much faith in the system.

Same here. We do not realize the authorities we blindly trust are also bound by the rules of capitalism and the simple human drives, desires and faults. Still way better than the US though…

flailingWcandi

Chris24 wrote: Still way better than the US though…

you got that RIGHT….

and it’s going to get FAR worse, soon enough ….

Chris24

flailingWcandi wrote:
    you got that RIGHT….

and it’s going to get FAR worse, soon enough ….

Really? And here I thought things were supposed to get better under Obama.

flailingWcandi

Chris24 wrote:
    Really? And here I thought things were supposed to get better under Obama.

File that under candida(te) myth 😐

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

flailingWcandi wrote:

File that under candida(te) myth 😐

Candidate? you man the Native remedies drops?

and maybe its a Dr that wrote that..under quackwatch. LOL..i read this once and it made me mad..figured it was a Dr who wrote it..

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

the idea of subsidised health care is nice. But the problem is, at least where I live, that it often ends up only treating symptoms or relating to emergencies only. i.e. if you are about die from a heart attack or your arm is broken, they’ll fix it. With life style related illnesses however they seem useless; there isn’t time (or money) to get to the root cause, to listen to the patient and get to know them, their life style etc. The subsidised doctors over here have about 7 minutes per patient. and because that’s not nearly enough they always run late and so by the time I get there I only get about 2 mins. By then it is obvious that the doc is stressed out and just wants to get me out of the way, the most usual response being: “it is all in your head, why don’t you try some anti depressive medicine…”

that’s why I went to see a private doctor. I pay about 7 times more per appointment but I also get an hour and a half where he listens to me, I get to ask questions etc. Totally worth it. Especially as he is treating me and I have gotten so much better already. The subsidised doctor had refused to treat me because I was still just about functioning (and if I wasn’t I would just get a long term sick leave rather than help to get better!). The problem is that they do not prioritise helping someone improve their quality of life; they only interfere if they must (i.e. if the illness seriously threatens your life).

But yes, most doctors in general don’t have a clue when it comes to Candida. I am just thinking that since there are so many people having this problem and suffering (and plenty more who have it but don’t know it!?), sooner or later there has to be a change.

Javizy

I think another angle we aren’t considering is what the rest of the patients are like. We’re all putting in massive amounts of effort to improve our health and are ready to commit to strict diets, costly supplements, changes in lifestyle etc. We’d probably be prepared to do whatever a doctor told us if it’d help with 100% compliance. What percentage of patients would you say are like us?

There was a study of ketogenic diets in cancer patients (which turned out to be amazingly effective) in which half the participants dropped out, and literally died, because they couldn’t give up bread. How many diabetics drink alcohol and eat junk food with their eyes and feet on the line? How many people want to treat minor problems with drugs or surgery instead of just changing simple habits and showing a bit of restraint?

Reversing lifestyle diseases is a big commitment for both the doctor and the patient, and in most cases neither are up to the task. Doctors and the system itself play the percentages. Low risk, low effort, low cost, and it satisfies the majority. I guess we’re just in another one of those “the 1%” categories, although I imagine there are more and more people getting desperate for health all the time.

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

I think you are right Javizy. Most people seem to have a very passive role when it comes to their bodies and health. They expect the doctor to always know the best and they just want to get a magic pill that will make everything ok again. But most of these life style illnesses actually come from the imbalances caused by our ways of living. Then it makes sense that you will need to take a very active role in looking for answers and restoring that balance. Something needs to change.I realised that while I have a a good doctor, in the end of the day, I will have to figure all this out for myself if I am to succeed.

I do wonder though, given that life style illnesses are on the rise and doctors not much of a help, if the percentage of people actively looking for answers and making effort to get better will increase as well. This could be a good thing in terms of people becoming generally more aware and educated about their health. Maybe health care will need to evolve too in order to respond to the demands of this growing group of educated patients?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

With obamacare we are going to get a uniformalized generic standard health system where we are prescribed drugs, vaccines, but no general health remedies or solutions. They are going to be treating an obese, lazy, and dumb culture where everyone is addicted to sugar and good tasting unhealthy foods created from GMO crops. Basically the aim is for people to get ill and for them to harvest more money for the same or worse treatment that never brings a cure.

People are waking up and its happening all around the world. In India they banned certain vaccines and in Oregon we have the highest rate of non-vaccinated people in the whole country. People are realizing that the junk we put in our bodies and the lifestyles we live is bringing great harm…but the vast majority of people in the populace are brainwashed. Its going to be a very divided society with the have’s and have nots in terms of nutrition, health, and lifestyle. Even the people who work at Monsanto won’t eat the foods that they create.

ON a side note: the original post was about candida myths and one of the best ones is the spit test myth. Dr. Mcoomb’s has a great series of youtube videos that mentions candida myths:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A73eQwyYxY&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL5F942151D2031299

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘candida myths’ is closed to new replies.