Candida log Almost 7 months, feeling great and super positive!!!!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida log Almost 7 months, feeling great and super positive!!!!

This topic contains 48 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

What an interesting week. A lot of changes have been happening. Today I have been having heavy uncontrollable diahrrea. Kinda like a cleanse or I drank a laxative. I am losing a lot of liquid. This seems like die off but I have never had this kinda of diarrhea in a long time. I hope this is a good thing.

Positivo

Update Week 11

Unfortunately I was writing a bunch of stuff for this update but the forum didnot post it so Im annoyed but I give you guys the short version of my update.

I continue to make progress. I actually dont feel like I have candida sometimes other then the diarrhea die off reaction I get from 16 tablespoons of coconut oil, having to be on the protocl and the white coating on my tongue. Im definitely not suffering like alot of other people here. I mean even the diet doesnt phase me much because I have learned that the diet is going to be the center piece of my eating habits for the rest of my life. The only aspect of the diet that Im concerned about is the fact that I had to remove eggs so to compensate I eat more buckwheat and oatbran but no more than 1 cup dry a day and I rotate them throughout the week. It seems that the other antifungals I was taking isnt causing any die off like it used to and I wont get much of a die off reaction from the coconut oil unless I reach 16 but I was on 12 spoons for a while and it wasnt effecting me most days. The 16 spoons is also my answer to the constipation I have some days. I also noticed that I dont have much gas at all when I keep my bowels moving from the coconut oil reaction. So diarrhea is pretty much the only symptom I feel if I take the full dosage of coconut oil. The rashes dont occur,backaches are gone, no more pink eye, fatigue doesnt bother me Im able to lift weights throughout the week without a problem. Brain fog isnt noticable either. Im happy with the progress I ve made with the mistakes I ve made like taking dgl licorice with sorbitol and taking antiboitics the first few weeks out of fear of my pinkeye. I ve been very disciplined on the diet. I hope I can enjoy thanksgiving food. Thats just something to look forward to. I recently introduced kefir and it makes me feel so much better. I ordered kefir milk grains online and Im waiting for them to come in so I can make my own kefir. I think I should of added kefir a long time ago but I was always hesitant, not sure why but kefir is so important. I have been reading about it and it contains so many beneficial strains of bacteria and fungus that attack candida albicans and fight them over the space that they occupy. I think once I start making my own kefir on a daily basis I will be able to make great progress because they will greatly improve my digestion and balance the gut flora which is the whole idea with this treatment.
    I noticed this week that one day I had diarrhea and I saw eggplant seeds in my bowels along with spinach undigested and a mix of other things that I could not identify. This is likely a result of leaky gut which Im sure I have.
    All in all I feel so much better. I will likely be on the diet for a full 6 months even if I can heal before then. I dont know exactly how long I will have to do this but I dont believe I have a serious case of candida but regardless I will stick to this for as long as I have to to heal and balance my gut flora. I thank everyone for reading and I hope you all make progress and stick to this protocol layed out here on the forum. I cant say that I have followed the protocol exactly because I cant afford to buy all the supplements like vitamins and trace minerals but I do have the vitamins I listed on the first post, probiotics, antifungals, and the swedish bitteres. I think the diet is the most important part, as well as antifungals, probiotics(kefir and supplement) and exercising. Thats helped me. I will be getting more supplements when my financial situation changes because I know I need more vitamins and I have leaky gut to worry about but Im trying to do the best I can with what I have and I have done great. Good luck to all and i welcome any questions and comments guys.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Positivo.

Unfortunately I was writing a bunch of stuff for this update but the forum didnot post it so Im annoyed but I give you guys the short version of my update.

Just a suggestion, Positivo, type your message on a word document, when it’s ready to post, copy and paste it into the forum. This way if the forum loses it, you’ll still have a copy.

I continue to make progress. I actually dont feel like I have candida sometimes other then the diarrhea die off reaction I get from 16 tablespoons of coconut oil

This alone is all the proof you need that you still have an infestation; this is the time when most people totally screw up their progress because they think they’re ‘well’ enough to cheat on the diet. They learn the hard way that die-off means there’s a very heavy infestation present.

I’m definitely not suffering like alot of other people here.

I’m really glad to hear that.

I think once I start making my own kefir on a daily basis I will be able to make great progress because they will greatly improve my digestion and balance the gut flora which is the whole idea with this treatment.

There’s no doubt about that, Pos.

I’ve been very disciplined on the diet.

That’s what we like to hear, and the results show it.

I have leaky gut to worry about but Im trying to do the best I can with what I have and I have done great.

Pos, you’ll be surprised at how much curing the infestation will help this. Although it takes longer, it’s not impossible to cure LG once your infestation is curred.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your update. Much appreciated.
    Able

Positivo

Able,

I’m feeling amazing this morning as I’m drinking my green veggie juice and I felt superb last night. Im definitely not planning on cheating anytime soon. If I get desperate I’ll just eat more buckwheat,oatbran or chicken. I personally feel that I’m about half way, of course this is not accurate as it could stay longer. Next week marks 3 months and I’ll stay strict for another 3 months. I want to get some kind of testing done before I expand my diet such as stool test to get some idea of my candida levels and an indepth allergy test. I view this diet the center piece that I will expand on by adding foods that benefit my immune system and gut flora. I continue to do research everyday so that I can learn to incorporate foods into my diet while avoiding another infestation. If you have sources or articles I can read about preventing candida after you resolve it I would really appreciate it. I think the lack of information is what got us all here and why people continue to go in circles. I’m determined not to be one of those people. I also have to thank you for all your help able. I would not have been able to get to this point without your help and the support of the other members of the forum. I plan to provide the same support back to the people here. I hope everyone can stay positive through this treatment and stay disciplined. These 3 months have flown by so let’s all continue to push forward and beat this while learning to appreciate our bodies and future good health.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Positivo wrote: Able,

I’m feeling amazing this morning as I’m drinking my green veggie juice and I felt superb last night. Im definitely not planning on cheating anytime soon. If I get desperate I’ll just eat more buckwheat,oatbran or chicken. I personally feel that I’m about half way, of course this is not accurate as it could stay longer. Next week marks 3 months and I’ll stay strict for another 3 months. I want to get some kind of testing done before I expand my diet such as stool test to get some idea of my candida levels and an indepth allergy test. I view this diet the center piece that I will expand on by adding foods that benefit my immune system and gut flora. I continue to do research everyday so that I can learn to incorporate foods into my diet while avoiding another infestation. If you have sources or articles I can read about preventing candida after you resolve it I would really appreciate it. I think the lack of information is what got us all here and why people continue to go in circles. I’m determined not to be one of those people. I also have to thank you for all your help able. I would not have been able to get to this point without your help and the support of the other members of the forum. I plan to provide the same support back to the people here. I hope everyone can stay positive through this treatment and stay disciplined. These 3 months have flown by so let’s all continue to push forward and beat this while learning to appreciate our bodies and future good health.

Positivo,
    A fungal overgrowth is the result of an immune tolerance to the yeast. There are triggers and underlying causes that accelerate this colonization.
    According to the medical literature about this topic, the only possible way to revert this condition is to lower the fungal colonies for enough time to recover the immune status against candida.
    To release the diet and the treatment, there should be enough time following them to allow your immune system recover.
    It is thought, if you keep the fungal colonies low for several months, the immune system recovers and you are able to leave the strict diet moderately.
    There isn’t an ending point in the treatment that you say candida is already death , and that is it.
    Correcting underlying causes such as anything that compromises cell-mediated immunity and avoiding triggers such as antibiotics are the necessary measure to avoid a recurrence.
    I hope this help you to understand what this syndrome is about.
    Jorge.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

dvjorge wrote: A fungal overgrowth is the result of an immune tolerance to the yeast. There are triggers and underlying causes that accelerate this colonization.
    According to the medical literature about this topic, the only possible way to revert this condition is to lower the fungal colonies for enough time to recover the immune status against candida.
    To release the diet and the treatment, there should be enough time following them to allow your immune system recover.
    It is thought, if you keep the fungal colonies low for several months, the immune system recovers and you are able to leave the strict diet moderately.
    There isn’t an ending point in the treatment that you say candida is already death , and that is it.
    Correcting underlying causes such as anything that compromises cell-mediated immunity and avoiding triggers such as antibiotics are the necessary measure to avoid a recurrence.

This seems like a roundabout explanation. Candida is allowed to grow when there’s nothing to compete with it. This is exactly the environment antibiotics and extremely unbalanced diets create. You wouldn’t see candida aggressively competing within a healthy gut flora. Restoring missing bacteria is the surest way to resolve any form of dysbiosis. Achieving this is a fine ending point, as faecal transplants have shown us. Unfortunately for the rest of us, restoring the gut flora is a time-consuming and difficult task to accomplish through normal means.

Positivo

Dvjorge

Thanks for the info. I think everything I eat on a daily basis after I have candida under control will have to directly benefit my immune system and gut flora. Antibiotics will not be an option for me unless it’s a life or death situation but I’ve used them in the past for small infections that can be cured with natural antifungals. Today I feel great in terms of my digestion but my heart has been pulsing at a high rate lately. Is this candida related?

dvjorge
    Participant

Javizy wrote:

A fungal overgrowth is the result of an immune tolerance to the yeast. There are triggers and underlying causes that accelerate this colonization.

This seems like a roundabout explanation. Candida is allowed to grow when there’s nothing to compete with it. This is exactly the environment antibiotics and extremely unbalanced diets create. You wouldn’t see candida aggressively competing within a healthy gut flora. Restoring missing bacteria is the surest way to resolve any form of dysbiosis. Achieving this is a fine ending point, as faecal transplants have shown us. Unfortunately for the rest of us, restoring the gut flora is a time-consuming and difficult task to accomplish through normal means.

I disagree with you.
    The abnormal growth of candida albicans can happen having a “normal” gut flora.
    Any cell mediated immunity suppressor such as heavy load of mercury can cause a fungal overgrowth without disturbing your flora with antibiotics.
    There are people who have a fungal overgrowth totally unrelated with gut flora abnormalities.
    Candida is the result of a weak immune system caused by a cause or several causes.
    The intestinal flora can be recovered with fecal transplants. There are people with candida who has done it, including myself, and candida is still here.
    Jorge.

Javizy

dvjorge wrote: I disagree with you.
    Any cell mediated immunity suppressor such as heavy load of mercury can cause a fungal overgrowth without disturbing your flora with antibiotics.
    There are people who have a fungal overgrowth totally unrelated with gut flora abnormalities.
    Candida is the result of a weak immune system caused by a cause or several causes.
    The intestinal flora can be recovered with fecal transplants. There are people with candida who has done it, including myself, and candida is still here.

If what you say is true, I still don’t understand why you presented immunosuppression as the typical cause of candida, unless you believe everybody here suffers from such a thing. If not, then gut flora imbalance is going to be relevant to the average person who isn’t loaded up with mercury/HIV.

dvjorge
    Participant

Javizy wrote:

I disagree with you.

If what you say is true, I still don’t understand why you presented immunosuppression as the typical cause of candida, unless you believe everybody here suffers from such a thing. If not, then gut flora imbalance is going to be relevant to the average person who isn’t loaded up with mercury/HIV.

Javizy,
    Dr. Truss was who brought this syndrome to the light. He has presented this syndrome as a result of an immune tolerance to candida albicans. This immune tolerance, according to him, is caused by the same yeast winning terrain during the years. Its persistence in enough amount for long time is what surrenders the immune system. After him, there were a lot of Drs who also researched this syndrome such as Dr. Crook, Dr. Trowbridge, Dr. Cranton, etc. Those also have written that the syndrome is caused by tolerance to the yeast caused by immune loads.
    I agree the bacterial flora competes with candida and plays a role inhibiting it.
    But, IMO, the immune system is the real culprit.
    The problem is one time we get candida, we need to battle the proper immune suppression candida is able to cause. According to this Drs, unloading the immune system is the only way to recover and keep candida under control.
    I can not tell you for sure since I address the flora too. I believe nobody knows the absolute true. It looks like unloading the immune system ( everything, candida, parasites, heavy metals, etc ) is the way to resolve it.
    Jorge.

Javizy

dvjorge wrote: Dr. Truss was who brought this syndrome to the light. He has presented this syndrome as a result of an immune tolerance to candida albicans. This immune tolerance, according to him, is caused by the same yeast winning terrain during the years. Its persistence in enough amount for long time is what surrenders the immune system. After him, there were a lot of Drs who also researched this syndrome such as Dr. Crook, Dr. Trowbridge, Dr. Cranton, etc. Those also have written that the syndrome is caused by tolerance to the yeast caused by immune loads.
    I agree the bacterial flora competes with candida and plays a role inhibiting it.
    But, IMO, the immune system is the real culprit.
    The problem is one time we get candida, we need to battle the proper immune suppression candida is able to cause. According to this Drs, unloading the immune system is the only way to recover and keep candida under control.
    I can not tell you for sure since I address the flora too. I believe nobody knows the absolute true. It looks like unloading the immune system ( everything, candida, parasites, heavy metals, etc ) is the way to resolve it.

I agree that a comprehensive approach is best, like with any health problem. I don’t think anyone doubts the need to kill the yeast, and it’s good to know we can influence the immune system by doing this. Thanks for the info.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I can’t help but wonder how a weak immune system can be the cause of a Candida overgrowth but not the human gastro-intestinal tract which houses about 70% of the immune system.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Positivo,
    I am so happy you are feeling better 😀 ! Keep us updated!
    Lot’s of love to you,
    Lauren

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Able900 wrote: I can’t help but wonder how a weak immune system can be the cause of a Candida overgrowth but not the human gastro-intestinal tract which houses about 70% of the immune system.

😀 Great info Able!!
    Lot’s of love,
    Lauren

Positivo

Lauren wrote: Positivo,
    I am so happy you are feeling better 😀 ! Keep us updated!
    Lot’s of love to you,
    Lauren

Lauren

I definitely will keep everyone posted. Today I felt great once again. I was at a mothers day get together and I had to bring my own veggies. It felt good to be around so many food choices and still feel composed and comfortable with what I was able to eat. I’m going to start oil pulling tomorrow and I will post the results at the end of the week. Thanks for reading.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Candida log Almost 7 months, feeling great and super positive!!!!’ is closed to new replies.