Candida log

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Chlofloso 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

I decided to post my story here and keep it updated regularly instead of mixing it too much with questions I ask in the “General discussion” session. That way people who are interested can read it and share their thoughts. I’m so happy I found this forum and the diet of this forum, where everything has an explanation and makes sense. It is so much easier to follow a strict diet if you actually know what you are doing 😉 I’m thankful for every input I got from forum members so far and I hope that with time I’ll be able to help out as well!

My story:
    I’ve had CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) for almost two years (but when I think back, I’ve been feeling tired very quickly since many years). The fatigue has been accompanied by intestinal problems such as pain and bloating, throat pain and swollen tonsils, brain fog, lack of concentration, and other small symptoms. The fatigue has been debilitating most of the time.

Before I knew anything about Candida and this forum, a doctor who is a friend of a friend suggested that I might have Candida. He tested it with a kinesiology test (he put something into my hand and then I had to press my knee against his hand. Without anything in my hand, I managed to press really hard. With something in my hand about which he later told was Candida I could not press against his hand, there was no force in my knee. When he gave me another thing, which was an antifungal but I didn’t know that, my knee became strong again.) and then decided to put me on Diflucan for two weeks in addition to a Candida diet. I followed this diet for six weeks but in the meantime I know that it was not a good Candida diet since it was based on potatoes as main energy source. I had to take so called “alkaline pills” (which were composed of minerals) against die-off. I hardly experienced any die-off symptoms, but still felt much better after the two weeks on Diflucan. Intestinal pain and bloating had disappeared, mucus production and urinary bladder infections as well, my skin was suddenly looking perfect, my craving for food had gone, an invisible eczema on my leg did not itch anymore, and I felt less exhausted. When I stopped the Diflucan, the fatigue came back fully, even though all other symptoms still stayed cleared until today.

During the last week on that diet I found this forum and immediately after week 6 started the forum diet. I thought I could never do it since I’m a vegetarian, since I did not like eggs, and since I hated the coconut oil – but I’ve gotten used to every part of this diet and have absolutely no problems with it anymore. I even ate chicken twice (I’ve not eaten a single bite of meat since I’ve been six years old) and liked as well as tolerated it! (It is not really okay due to my very ecological lifestyle and moral issues, but it certainly does help to open my mind 😉 ).

I’m in week 4 of the strict forum diet now. I had to stop the antifungals for a week because I did not have the molybdenum yet and was experiencing strong die-off symptoms in the form of a rash, pain in the liver region and very bad insomnia. Yes, beginner’s mistake, should have taken the molybdenum more seriously… I’m taking the molybdenum now and will start the antifungals again day after tomorrow. Since I had stopped the antifungals, I did not introduce any new foods until day before yesterday. I was eating vegetables and eggs, nothing else. Now I’ve introduced coconut flour and want to add buckwheat after one week. I lost 7 kg and really think I should gain some weight!

Besides molybdenum I’m taking milk thistle and gentian drops (will replace those with swedish bitters once the bottle is finished).

Sometimes I imagine all of the forum members sitting around a huge table eating their omelets and veggies and swallowing all their pills… we are sort of a round table that spans the whole planet! Thanks to all of you and I will keep you updated.

Chloë

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

how are you coming along?

Chlofloso

Hi Marbro,

you’re right, it’s time for an update even though not that much changed.

I’m in week 6 of the forum diet now. I currently eat vegetables, eggs, buckwheat, coconut flour, coconut cream, and kefir.

Symptoms that have vanished or gotten better during my Candida treatment (most of them vanished before I started the forum diet when I was still on another Candida diet, but I’m sure the forum diet contributes to them staying away):

– a fungus on the skin of my feet
    – an invisible itching eczema on my lower leg
    – frequent urination and sometimes bladder infections
    – acne (completely gone!)
    – dry skin (not vanished, but better)
    – abdominal bloating and pain (sometimes still there, probably due to die-off. Got worse again when I started the forum diet due to eating so many vegetables and salads, and got completely better when I introduced buckwheat and ate less veggies)
    – itching scalp (not vanished, but better)
    – mucus production (first vanished completely, now came back and I don’t know whether it is due to coconut flour consumption or simply die-off)
    – thin white coating on my tongue
    – bad taste in mouth
    – nausea (still there sometimes)

My main symptom, the fatigue, is persisting and has not gotten better. I still have very dry eyes. Other symptoms come and go and I assume they are die-off symptoms (headaches, flu-like feeling and so on). I’m not sure about the flu-like feeling since I used to have it even before I started the Candida treatment.

After my initial very bad die-off where I didn’t sleep for several nights and had a bad rash on chest and neck, I’ve started antifungals very slowly. I’m taking 3-6 teaspoons of coconut oil per day and occasionally raw garlic, nothing else – I don’t want to feel worse than now because that would mean that I couldn’t function at all, and who would cook all my food then? 😉 I’ve started the kefir and a probiotic which is low in number and strains. I will raise the amount of kefir intake over some time and only then start taking a more effective probiotic.

I’m a little concerned since the (slight) mucus production came back when I started the coconut flour, but I also don’t want to go back to the strict egg-vegetable stage because I lost so much weight then.

Chloë

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Wow lots of improvements and I’m glad you shared. I have skin ailments that have been bothering me since I started the diet and SD prior to the diet. I would give up the new found energy I now have for those to go away. Want to trade?:)

Maybe try some buckwheat flower or oat bran flower and see if you have a reaction. The strict diet on the forums was to tough for me. I have been testing foods on the website that are not on the forum protocol. So far tomatoes I’m confident pose no problem. I feel for ya but your improvEments are something I hope to see soon. Keep us updated.

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

That sounds awesome Chlofloso! Congrats with the good result so far 🙂

Chlofloso

Haha yes, let’s open a market place for symptoms – I can offer some fatigue, would give it away for a small fungus on the skin, Marbro? lol

I’ve already tried buckwheat flour and have no problems with it. However now in my whole city (which is the biggest city of Switzerland where you can usually buy everything) buckwheat products are sold out and they seem to have problems even with the raw buckwheat supply ;( bad news for me… seems like I’m forced to introduce something else.

I’m having really bad die-off (I suppose) – nausea, abdominal pain, back ache, and the only thing I ate today besides eggs and vegetables is sour cabbage! No antifungals…

Chlofloso

Hello to all!
    I was on a vacation for ten days and am back now. I visited friends in two cities where I’ve studied and couchsurfed in another city. Everything went really well with the food, all the people I stayed with were very interested in the diet and adapted to it and even ate the same food I ate. Really nice. I was doing a lot of things though, much more than I normally do, and therefore didn’t spend as much time in the kitchen as I usually do. I think I ate less vegetables and more buckwheat than normally. For breakfasts I had yoghurt with millet flakes. I never cheated but I’m afraid I fed the Candida all the same a little since I’d reduced antifungals to just a little bit of coconut oil and since some of my acne has come back. I guess I overdid it a bit with the yoghurt, millet flakes, and buckwheat. I didn’t take more antifungals because I didn’t want to have die-off during travelling (and I never had, I actually felt quite good all the time and slept really well). Yesterday after I came back I had two raw garlic cloves and got really bad die-off with nausea, abdominal pain, really bad back ache, and a headache.
    I completely stopped eating coconut flour since it greatly enhances my mucus production.

My current diet looks like this:

Breakfast: Yoghurt with millet flakes or buckwheat flakes, or yoghurt and buckwheat bread with coconut oil smeared on top

Lunch: Salad with boiled eggs or omelet with fried veggies, crushed garlic if I can handle the die-off, little bit of buckwheat in some form if I am very hungry

Dinner: Vegetables with either buckwheat, millet, or fish (fish about once a week)

Antifungals: Coconut oil (trying to increase dose), sometimes raw garlic. Planning to add in oregano oil, but will wait some more days because of die-off.

Inputs are welcome. Happy easter everyone!

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Any more updates?

Chlofloso

Hi Prince and others,

This is week 10 of the diet.
    Since a few days I suddenly have a lot of hair loss, something I never had before. As you can read in the thread “Sudden hair loss” in the general discussion, this is either a late-onset Candida symptom, or a sign of copper deficiency, probably connected with the intake of molybdenum. Copper deficiency leads to symptoms of iron deficiency. I have hair loss, very tight calf muscles and menstrual problems as three new symptoms which could be symptoms of iron deficiency. I will therefore decrease the dose of molybdenum (carefully, since I want to avoid die-off which might harm my liver and body) and buy a copper supplement as well as drink more nettle leaf tea.

My general symptoms have not changed since the last update. The symptoms I still have (don’t know which of them are Candida-related and which not) are:

* fatigue
    * dry eyes and skin
    * general feeling of being ill and feverish, without having a fever
    * feeling of feverish eyes, and they look feverish too
    * itching scalp

Even though not that much changed, at least symptoms didn’t come back and I am patient and hopeful that I am on the right track.

I stopped eating millet since I don’t really need it if I have buckwheat and want to wait a little more before I add grains. I also limited my buckwheat consumption and am eating a lot of eggs, Greek yogurt / quark, vegetables and salads. I introduced tiger nut flakes and am eating them once in a while, but only a very small amount. They help a lot with digestion. I’m eating chicken or fish about once a week.

kitty
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

I really like your diary and updates. Thanks for sharing them.

I am also a (ovo-lacto) vegetarian since childhood, but have been wanting to eat fish for a long time. I hope to be able to soon.

“- an invisible itching eczema on my lower leg”

i had this on my shins for over a year. i don’t know what made it go away, but it occasioanlly comes back still. I now have a visible rash on my hands that gets extrememely itchy if I wash my hands. My doctor told me to take fluconozole which I already had at home, but he didn’t tell me how much. So, I’m taking 150mg for up to 7 days or until it goes away. How much did you take during your two weeks?

“- itching scalp (not vanished, but better)”

maybe try adding a drop of teatree, lavendar or rosemary oil to your shampoo or conditioner if it’s your whole head rubbing a small amount into the itchy spots. You can also make a “tea” with rosemary or sage and let it cool before using it as a rinse after you’ve rinsed with just water.

“-nausea (still there sometimes)”

ginger might help with nausea?

Chlofloso

Hi Kitty,

thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I took 50mcg/day of Diflucan for two weeks. However, I do not recommend it since natural antifungals are just as strong and are not harming your liver. I honestly don’t think that Diflucan is more effective, plus, it’s more expensive and in rare cases can lead to severe liver damage.

Thanks also for your inputs on how to get rid of the itching. The itching is not that bad, so I can live with it and I actually want to see it go away just by following the diet, because that will give me an indication that my treatment is progressing. Therefore I won’t treat it externally as long as I can handle it.

All the best to you!

Chloe

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Chlofloso wrote: I took 50mcg/day of Diflucan for two weeks. However, I do not recommend it since natural antifungals are just as strong and are not harming your liver. I honestly don’t think that Diflucan is more effective, plus, it’s more expensive and in rare cases can lead to severe liver damage.

Thanks for sharing that with the forum, Chloe, very important infomation for anyone who is fighting a Candida overgrowth.

Able

Chlofloso

Forgot to say that the mentioned dose of Diflucan gave me much less die-off than the forum regimen with the natural antifungals, which proofs that the latter is more effective.

kitty
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

Hi Chloë,

Thanks for sharing. I’ve now been on Fluconazole 150 for my rash for four days. I initially thought it was helping since it had significantly improved by yesterday, but last night it came back and is spreading up my arm.

I put off starting the detox because of the Fluconazole and now I’m unsure if I’ll do more harm if I suddenly stop taking it after seemingly making the yeast stronger.

I agree that the diet and natural anti-fungals are more effective and safer in the long run, but I’m not sure what to do in the short term since I would like to rip my skin off.

I’ll keep you posted on another thread since I don’t want to hijack yours.

Thanks again for keeping your log.

Chlofloso

Hello to all.
    This is an update before I leave for the summer.

I have stopped eating quark/Greek yoghurt and started eating only kefir, because I was unsure whether the quark might slow my treatment down.
    I started using Nizoral shampoo to see whether it helps against my hair loss, and also started a mineral supplement. The hair loss is slightly better, but still there. My copper test was normal (just got the results), therefore I don’t blame the molybdenum for the hair loss and I think the hair loss must be a Candida (or die-off) symptom. I will therefore increase the intake of molybdenum again.

The test results (from an alternative medicine clinic where I’ve recently been) also showed that my body is not optimally capable of detoxing via the enzyme epoxidhydrolase since I’m heterozygous for this enzyme. They advise me to take more antioxidants.
    I’m excreting a bit too much copper, nickel, thallium, and tin, suggesting that I have some metal charge. For this, the doctor advises to take acetylcystein (in the form of a drug available here called “Solmucol”), which is supposed to help with detoxing the metals.
    My IgG reaction is a little high for tomato, peppers, garlic, and mustard. They advise me to avoid these food items for three months. I don’t eat tomato and peppers anyway, but I’m gonna miss garlic as an antifungal and a great taste improver.

I have not added anything to my diet and have removed quark, excess herbal tea, and (several weeks ago) tiger nuts in order to be safe. I’m eating oat bran, buckwheat, eggs, vegetables, kefir, olive oil, ghee, apple cider vinegar, coconut flakes, and that’s it more or less.

As for supplements, I’m now taking vitamin C, vitamin D, glutathione, omega-3 fatty acids, silymarin, molybdenum, minerals, ashwaganda, acacia fiber and a probiotic (Dr. Mercola 70 billion CFU with DDS-1).

I’m planning to take a medium dose of antifungals, not as high as I used to, and a medium-dose of molybdenum as well.

In terms of symptoms, I have no idea which are symptoms and which are continuous die-off symptoms. Basically not much has changed regarding symptoms since my last update. My fatigue and cramped muscles also have not changed. The fact that I’m still experiencing some die-off proves that I still have a lot of Candida.

Always thankful for comments, and enjoy the summer everyone!

Chloë

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Candida log’ is closed to new replies.