Candida, Leaky Gut, Intestinal Issues…My Story/Current Protocol

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida, Leaky Gut, Intestinal Issues…My Story/Current Protocol

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  VIV 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

DeadMax
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 14

I think first post didnt go through…

Hello,

I have dealt with some issues I believe is related to Candida and Leaky Gut, and possible other intestinal issues. About 12 years ago I was in a skateboard accident and injured my left abdominal area. The accident cause a lot of trauma damage to the area and left it really inflamed. A few days after that I had a case of food poisoning from what I believe was wild mushrooms. Ever since that time I have not felt right and developed the problems im dealing with today. My main issues i’m dealing with are:

Brain Fog: Spaciness, fuzzy thinking, not feeling sharp. (catch myself staring)
    Anxiety
    Depression
    Intestinal Pain
    Oral Thrush
    Intestinal discomfort
    Always chapped lower lip (upper lip fine never chapped)
    fatigue
    etc… the usual.

In the past I have tried many things to help resolve this issue and have had my ups and downs with it; Although I have never been able to fully recover from it or even close id say. I have tried diets and supplements like Candex, coconut oil, probiotics, colostrum, etc…the standard ones really. I havnt noticed to much of a difference taking them other than some “die off” or not feeling well. With feeling so bad with die off, I would imagine I would actually see something come out or improvement of symptoms. I have taken them long term and havnt see much improvement. Only one I really found a difference with was Garden of Life Primal Defense, but I dont think its the same formula these days unfort.

Anyway I believe my biggest problems stem from the leaky gut and the candida. I have read a lot about it and found some really awesome posts of people and their experiences. After dealing with problem for many years, and having lost a relationship with my best friend because of it, its time to put this to an end.

This is what im doing now:

Water Enema’s (Possible Nystatin in the future if I have the courage)
    Nystatin Oral Suspension (would like to get powdered soon)
    Multi-Vitamin (heard conflicting arguments, but seems to help me)
    Vitamins C (normal dose)
    B12
    Turmeric/Curcumin Supplement
    Saccharomyces Boulardii (havnt taken it yet, will do soon after nystatin round)

I am not exactly eating a anti candida diet, my diet right now is more focused on lowering inflammation. I do eat sugar although not a ton of it, and in the form of fruit. My diet is mostly fruit, vegetables, almond butter, flax seed, chia seed; usually make a veggie soup and snack on the rest. Vegan diet by the way.

Results so far: I have been doing this diet for the last 4 days or so and the Nystatin for about 7. I dont think the nystatin started to work until about day 6 or so when I started to feel light headed, drunk, dizzy feeling and its lasted for a few days now. Seems like its doing something. What really has me impressed right now is the Enemas. The first enema or series of a few in a row, I saw a piece of fungus looking material that was about 3-4 inches long floating in the water. The Last few times, ive done them ive see similar things, but not as big. Definitely looks like fungus to me. I did take a picture as well. Although I havnt felt a lot of change, knowing that is coming out is a good sign in the right direction.

My ideas for this protocol is based on what a poster on here is saying named dvjorge. I dont see their posts anymore so I think they are long gone. I have seen his posts on curezone as well, and is a wealth of information and has mostly cured himself with a similar protocol. Look up dvjorge on here and curezone, wealth of information!

I will try to keep this post updated with my results regardless of if people reply or not. I guess if I have success with any of this I would like to maybe help someone fishing around the net for posts like I do. Thanks for reading!

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

Have you tried the Saccharomyces Boulardii yet? I heard great things about it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DeadMax
    Participant

I have not tried the Sacchraomyces Boulardii yet, still on the Nystatin. I am def looking forward to it, as I have also heard lots of good things. I hope it will live up to the hype. Honestly, I think the enemas are really helping. I feel like I am a little bit more clear headed and less down I guess; not a huge change in either, but I think just a little bit noticeable. At this point for me its just the enemas, almost daily, and the nystatin plus supplements. Ive seen some weird things come out. Lol Strongly recommend the enemas.

DeadMax
    Participant

Still doing my routine, I however just stopped the Nystatin Oral Suspension and started to take Saccharomyces Boulardii today. Obviously still too early to tell. The brand I am taking is Jarrow Formulas Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS at 5 billion per capsule. Currently just taking one per day, will move it up to multiple times a day after I see how I react to it, just to be safe. Again, still doing the Enemas, and pretty much see stuff come out every time I do them. I definitely feel cleaner after them and seeing the stuff come out makes me believe i’m doing something right! Never seen so much stuff come out doing regular protocols like diet and supplements. The Nystatin Oral Suspension may have aided seeing things in the clean outs, but I kinda dont feel like it did a whole lot in the colon. Have a good day.

Wiley200
    Participant

Be careful not to do too many enemas. Eventually your body will become dependent on them and forget how to do a proper bowel movement all by itself.

What kinds of fruit are you eating? Are you sticking to the low sugar types?

DeadMax
    Participant

I mostly eat green bananas as my fruit, but also all types of berries. Nothing super sugary or anything. Although I’ve been on a low sugar diet, my main diet is more based upon lowering inflammation. I’m not too concerned about becoming dependent on the enemas, as I eat tons of fiber and have regular bowel movements during the day; Of course its something to keep an eye on. I don’t eat junk food either, my diet is mostly plant based whole foods.

DeadMax
    Participant

Update:

Hello,

Just an update for people who may come across this thread. Most everything has stayed pretty much the same as far as protocol. I have eaten a few burritos, that had brown rice and pinto beans and a tortilla(vegan), even though it wasn’t apart of my planned diet. I guess I failed in that aspect, plus a few things during thanks giving like potatoes and a little vegan doughnut. I know, I know, its terrible, but it is what it is. Just being transparent. Even though I had these items, I have overall been feeling better. Hard to say how much as I do have my ups and downs, but as a whole I am feeling better for sure. I have slowed down on the enemas lately, just due to schedule, but will be back to doing them almost daily. As far as diet goes, I will be back to bananas and whole fruits mostly bananas and berries. And my vegetable soup which is low sugar, and high fiber(also really tasty). I think I am feeling better due to doing the enemas and simple high fiber, anti inflammatory diet. Although I wasn’t feeling much while it was being done all the time, I feel as if my work over the last few weeks is catching up a little bit allowing me to feel better now. Maybe it just took a bit for my body to clean up after it had the opportunity to reduce the loads. Idk just a thought.

Oh, and also I had some simple blood tests done:
    CBC
    Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    TSH
    By the looks of everything, it all seems to be normal and within range for the most part. I guess its a good thing, but I always want to see something wrong so I can work on fixing it. Its so difficult to work on things when you dont %100 know what it is and also dont know %100 how to fix it. The struggle continues.

So what am I doing now…

-I will be back on the enemas, just plain water possible adding coffee enemas in the mix. Close to daily

-Eating mostly anti-inflammatory diet, like fresh raw fruits and vegetables. Vegetable soup, nut butters, and a few other things to add calories. Not sure what I would like to add yet as I want to choose wisely and not over complicate things.

-Supplements include: Saccharomyces Boulardii (2 capsules morning and 2 at night. 5 million per capsule). Multi Vitamin. B12. Vitamin C. Sometimes ill do a few drops of Molybdenum as well. Today, I just started today to take NAC(N-Acetyl Cysteine) no additives. It seems like I am feeling the effects of the NAC after just the first capsule 600mg, again hard to say for sure, but hopefully it will provide some benefit. I stopped the Turmeric/curcumin after I started the S. Boulardii.

Planning continuing the this protocol for now. Prob wont be taking the NAC everyday, but we will see how it goes slowly. So thats the plan, I might do more blood work, and would love to check up on heavy metals and minerals, and all that fun stuff, but that also means more $$$. Just trying to keep this updated, it helps me and maybe one day it could help someone else. Keep your head up and have a great day. We got this!

Wiley200
    Participant

Don’t beat yourself up about eating a few potatoes. You’re meant to have some carbs on this diet. It’s not a keto diet.

NAC is a good choice – it breaks down biofilms as well as providing liver support.

DeadMax
    Participant

Hey Wiley200,
    Thanks for your comment! Im not really beating myself up, but I did want to at least be open about what im doing, more of my focus is a anti-inflammatory diet rather than really low carbs or zero sugar diet.

I have read some promising things about NAC and heard people recommend it, so I started to use it. Helping breakdown the biofilms and a precursor to Glutathione, seems like an awesome thing, hard to pass up by the sounds of it. Hope it helps out, although too early to tell if its doing anything, and I am only taking 600mg as ive heard some take much more. I like to read up and possibly include things without going too overboard, especially since its so easy to just throw a bunch of stuff at it and hope it turns out good. Some things im looking to include are:

Bentonite clay
    Activated Charcoal (I use on occasion atm anyway, but maybe more of a regular thing)
    High Dosing of Vitamin C

I have not added these things yet, I am still trying to research them and determine if its a good addition to my protocol. I dont want to over complicate things, and get lost in what helps and what does’t help. Just some thoughts.

Oh! I also have some Broccoli Sprouts currently going in my kitchen! I will be incorporating them into my diet as well. Lots of great things to read about on Sulfuraphane.

vaer
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 17

I tried only Turmeric before bed (500mg) for 14 days and It was helping (die off First day or two)

Keep us updated

DeadMax
    Participant

Hey Vaer!

Thanks for the response. I really do think Turmeric is a great thing to use for this, as it has so many benefits with little to no downside; plus its a pretty safe thing to use. Currently I have stopped taking the Turmeric as I have been taking the S.Boulardii, as I didnt want it to hurt the beneficial yeast I am taking. The Turmeric that I use also has Curcumin and Black Pepper in it to help its potency. Do I think it alone is going to cure these issues, no, but I think it has a very positive effect.

As far as an Update:

Everything is pretty much the same, as stated in the previous post. I havnt been able to do as many enemas that I wanted, but everytime I do them, I can see things come out. If I could recommend that somebody do one thing to help themselves out, it would be the enemas. I have done many things to fight my gut issues, but physically seeing things come out, that you didnt eat, is really the game changer imo. If this is a route some are interested in, research the correct safe way please.

Diet
    As far as diet goes, I am still doing an anti-inflammatory diet. Breakfast smoothy consisting of Bananas, blueberries, flax seed, chia seed, greens mix, and broccoli sprouts. Lunch and dinner could be vegetable soup, or lentils and even some beans and rice on occasion, but I try to load those up with anti inflammatory herbs n spices. I also include snacks such as nut butters, raisins, whole nuts, etc…things like that. Thats basically what i’m eating. I have noticed less pain in my gut area, and my bm’s are good, due to the high fiber content.

Supplements
    So the supplements I am taking now include:
    S.Boulardii(although coming to the the bottom of the bottle, prob will stop)
    NAC (makes my gas smell very strongly of sulfur type)
    B12
    MultiVitamin
    Vitamin C with RoseHips(new) 1000mg Vitamin C 65mg RoseHips

After the S.Boulardii is done, im going to include the Turmeric again. Additionally, I do eat sauerkraut almost everyday, but only small amounts. Some things I’m still looking into are the Bentonite Clay and Higher Dosing Vitamin C. I will be doing some Activated Charcoal rounds, every so often for a clean out.

So what are my thoughts?
    I think that the enemas are cleaning out the Colon and able to reduce the load of junk in your system which, in theory, allows the liver and other immune system functions to catch up a little. The S.Boularddi is hopefully slowing down or crowding out the non-beneficial yeast and bacteria, and the less the better. The NAC is helping to break down the biofilms of the yeast and bacteria, although seems counter productive to the S.Boulardii, only started to really take more of it recently as the my bottle or S.Boulardii is getting low. NAC is also helping Glutathione production, to aid immune system and liver. Vitamins are just that vitamins, making sure my body is getting enough. The Vitamin C at 1000mg is hopefully helping to stimulate the immune system as well and also help with stomach acid. My goal I guess you could say, is to reduce the load on the immune system, while at the same time boosting it, thus improving the health of the body allowing it to recover and put up a better fight against our ailments. So far I would say yes, it has been helping, but also these things take time, even though we wish it was instant.

Sorry for the long read, I know it could be a little much, but I just want to be clear in what im doing. So many posts leave you wondering more or exacts, and I dont want that. Best of luck to everyone, do some enemas, if your body can take it, you might be surprised at what comes out. I do have some “fun” pictures ill save for a rainy day…(winter is coming). Best of luck to everyone, ill keep updating. Take Care.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DeadMax
    Participant

Hello,

Just another Update:

To start off, I have not had the best diet, and def failed as far as that goes. The holidays and just overall being busy, I kinda didnt do so well. What I have done very well with is the enemas! I have been doing them every night for the past 10+ days or so and think they are what is really making the difference. I see things come out every time, sometimes more sometimes less. I would describe it as white/yellowish flakes of dead tissue looking stuff mostly. From my understanding, the “candida” or “yeast” that people describe is more likely dead or dying tissue even mucus. I dont really know for sure if what we are seeing is candida or yeast, but I feel it is basically one in the same. They yeast will possibly feed off of it and/or possibly form colonies on it, so either way I think getting it out is the right thing to do. Anyway, the only thing that I have seen produce the results of seeing any significant results is the enemas.

Current Protocol:

Daily Enemas
    Diet (its been bad, but hopefully do better soon. I do anti-inflamatory not low carb)
    Vitamin C 2g daily
    NAC 1200mg daily
    b12
    Probiotics(just started today)

Ok here are some PICTURES of some things that have come out:

***WARNING WARNING WARNING***
    YOU WILL BE LOOKING AT POOP AND STUFF IF YOU CLICK THE IMAGES.

https://imgur.com/a/L1T4r
    https://imgur.com/a/lN8MS
    https://imgur.com/a/ALQvC
    https://imgur.com/a/VCgRF
    https://imgur.com/a/aL4uC
    https://imgur.com/a/w7RLJ

I know its a weird thing to post, but I think some of you secretly enjoy looking at these types of pictures! 😉 Let me know what ya think. Lol

Will try to update sooner next time, although I will be out of town for a bit in early January. Best of luck to all.

DeadMax
    Participant

Hello,

Update:
    I have been doing better with my anti-inflammatory diet, although def not perfect. Much better than it was around christmas time. I have continued to do the enemas almost daily and would say had the best “clean out” the other day, where I saw a bunch of tissue type stuff. I guess similar to the 3rd picture I posted in the last post, but more white with a little yellow tint. I see this stuff as like dead tissue, regardless, there was a good amount of it. On that day I did a series of enemas, well here’s what I do:
    I use boiled water with about 48oz per bag. I add a few turns of a sea salt grinder. I lay down inside my bathtub and let loose until I feel full and have to go. Usually it takes 3 clean outs per bag. I do this with 2 bags, which is about 6 clean outs. The first bag usually is just clearing the way, while the second bag generally produces more “stuff”. I dont hold the first ones at all, I just let it in then let it out. The second ones, I sometimes hold and sometimes dont wanna wait. When I do hold it in, ill shift from my left side to my back with my bum up, to my right side then release after anywhere from 5-20 minutes. Basically what I do.
    On the day I had the good clean out, I did 2 bags then a few hours later did another 2 bags. In that second session, there was significantly more of that stuff. I did another 4 bag day and also had good success with it as well.

Current Protocol:
    Daily Enemas (nearly)
    Diet (Anti-Inflammatory Vegan, getting back to it)
    Vitamin C 2g daily
    NAC 1200mg daily
    b12
    Probiotics (30 million[20m lac 10m bif] 3 times a day)

Things ill be adding:
    Zinc 15-30mg daily
    Wheatgrass powder
    MSM (not entirely sure how much yet, or when im getting it)
    Glutamine

So overall, I would say, that I have more energy, a little less spaciness, just overall feeling better. I still have a lot of depression just due to life stuff, which makes it difficult to judge how much all this is helping. I do believe that it has kept me more “sane” if you will(the enemas I think are the real changer). I still have a dull pain on my mid-lower left side I believe related to the intestines. This is why I am going to include the glutamine, zinc and msm as I’ve heard they are great gut rebuilders. Msm in particular has me interested, it has alleged benefits of anti inflammatory, anti fungal, gut rebuilding, and many others that spark my interest. Anyway thanks for reading. Ill try to keep posting N stuff. Have a good day and a healthy new year! 🙂

Rob
    Participant
    Replies: 7

Hi mate, seems like you’re doing well. My advice to you would be not to worry about putting nystatin powder in the enemas (if you can get your hands on it). It’s not harmful to the gut and isn’t absorbed into the bloodstream. I’ve been using it extensively since October with no ill effects. New Year’s Day I had a major breakthrough and got the nystatin all the way to the cecum, which is where the main colonies of fungus and biofilms are based. I’ve since tried to replicate that method and had massive success. I’ve very quickly felt tons better. Energy wise I’m a different person in just a few short weeks and I’ve not yet perfected the technique. Read my latest thread in this forum if you want more information.

I think the anti-inflammatory diet is fine. I’d advise to minimise sugar and inflammatory/allergenic foods as much as possible but I’m questioning just how strict you need to be. I personally doubt you need to have zero carbs if you can get the antifungal enemas to the right spot. It’s quite literally poison to candida and I doubt it’ll resist the treatment just because of a few grains or a bit of starch every now and then. Then again, that’s just my opinion.

RiversTrini
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 10

Oh my. Finally people who understands all I have been through

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Candida, Leaky Gut, Intestinal Issues…My Story/Current Protocol’ is closed to new replies.