Candida is not real

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida is not real

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #118368

    +Christian+
    Member
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 7

    The Candida diet is just ridiculous and I know because I have tried it and almost died from it. This site is run by people who are not even doctors and what they do, is they label this yeast in your body(this yeast is actually harmless) and they make it sound like its this demon ravaging through your body causing this long list of symptoms and problems. How can yeast have THAT many symptoms? Have you ever wondered? They are taking advantage of the fact that humans have health problems so they make up this “monster” and try to talk scientific with you to make you believe that it is real. It is a scam, I know there is a lot of you out there reading who might disagree with me but it is the truth. There are people out there that take advantage of peoples hope in finding a cure for their health problems. It is just like this gluten free trend, the actual percentage of people with celiac disease/gluten sensitivity is quite low but because they advertise it and market it towards people who are desperate for answers and hope, they attract consumers and that is why they can put a high price on it. People tend to ignore the price if its for the benefit of their body or health. It is all a marketing scheme of buy this, don’t buy or eat that. If you want to be healthy just exercise, dont eat fast food or refined sugar sweets such as donuts,candy,soda pop,and other forms of junk food, learn how to relax the mind and manage stress well, and make sure you drink plenty of water everyday because a lot of people nowadays are putting corn syrup flavored crap in their body when they should have at least 3 glasses of plain water a day. I hope that my post may help somebody see the truth in what this site does and I guarantee this diet won’t help you. I hope you do find a way to get better but it definitely would be in spite of starving yourself with this diet.

    #118375

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    +Christian+;56889 wrote: The Candida diet is just ridiculous and I know because I have tried it and almost died from it. This site is run by people who are not even doctors and what they do, is they label this yeast in your body(this yeast is actually harmless) and they make it sound like its this demon ravaging through your body causing this long list of symptoms and problems. How can yeast have THAT many symptoms? Have you ever wondered? They are taking advantage of the fact that humans have health problems so they make up this “monster” and try to talk scientific with you to make you believe that it is real. It is a scam, I know there is a lot of you out there reading who might disagree with me but it is the truth.

    Trololo. The existence of candida overgrowth can scientifically be proven. Are you gonna deny this too?

    +Christian+;56889 wrote: There are people out there that take advantage of peoples hope in finding a cure for their health problems. It is just like this gluten free trend, the actual percentage of people with celiac disease/gluten sensitivity is quite low but because they advertise it and market it towards people who are desperate for answers and hope, they attract consumers and that is why they can put a high price on it. People tend to ignore the price if its for the benefit of their body or health. It is all a marketing scheme of buy this, don’t buy or eat that.

    Mention something that you think is advertised here. Or do you think that the people who run this site have stocks of big grocery stores?

    +Christian+;56889 wrote: If you want to be healthy just exercise, dont eat fast food or refined sugar sweets such as donuts,candy,soda pop,and other forms of junk food, learn how to relax the mind and manage stress well, and make sure you drink plenty of water everyday because a lot of people nowadays are putting corn syrup flavored crap in their body when they should have at least 3 glasses of plain water a day.

    OMG. Thank you so much! I’d never come up with this!

    +Christian+;56889 wrote: I hope that my post may help somebody see the truth in what this site does and I guarantee this diet won’t help you. I hope you do find a way to get better but it definitely would be in spite of starving yourself with this diet.

    If you don’t follow the protocol, this diet is not gonna make you better.

    #118376

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Fact: Candida is the most studied organism in medical science, there are approximately 50,000+ studies on candida from the last 60+ years and this averages out to roughly one study published per day. It has been more studied than cancer…

    You didn’t do things correctly if you almost died and you didn’t have a detox plan.

    The yeast doesn’t cause all of the symptoms on most symptoms list; a lot of them are related to specific organs not working properly such as liver, thyroid, adrenals, intestines, etc. So they all get lumped together incorrectly imho.

    No one here is selling products, but you may have searched around on the internet to find products that didn’t work for you I am guessing such as candex.

    It sounds like you couldn’t really follow the diet in the past in the first place…you drank beer, consumed sugar, and ate fast food…then you attacked forum members and lashed out at us when we stated that these weren’t good foods to eat on the diet.

    -raster

    #118377

    TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

    Yeah all right, try it again and follow the diet CORRECTLY and with the advice of a ND, and then try to tell us that story again.

    #118378

    xChristianXX
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

    Thank you for banning my account until Sept. 6 ,2046. I didn’t do anything wrong to get banned, I wasn’t being disrespectful towards anyone. Is this the policy? ban someone that doesn’t think like you? And for the record I DID follow the diet, and Raster, when did i say I consumed alcohol or ate fast food?? I don’t drink alcohol ever nor do I eat fast food. Where did you even come up with that? You are putting words in my mouth that I have never even said. I am not here to troll people, I am here posting my experience of the candida diet and I am just letting them know that it doesn’t help with anything and its a waste of effort and time. Scientifically yeast will ALWAYS be in your body and it is not causing damage like you say it is.

    #118383

    anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

    Christian – your account was suspended because you broke the forum rules http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9284_Forum-Rules.aspx. I had a look through your previous posts and some of them have also been offensive to other forum members.

    “In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

    #118386

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425


    Please allow me to ask a few questions.

    xChristianXX, how can you still post if your account has been banned?

    raster, if candida is the most studied organism in medical science, how come doctors don’t acknowledge the reality of candida overgrowth, as so many people attest on this forum?

    Edit:

    In hindsight, I realise that my questions may seem confronting, or too direct. Please be assured that I’m not trying to troll or to upset people. If my questions seem to raise conflict, that’s because I tried to phrase them in a concise and simple way. Though this makes the questions themselves as clear as possible, it has the side-effect of making their tone more (too?) confronting.

    If I did upset anyone, please just let me know. For now, I’m not removing my questions because I’m still learning how to best phrase questions in a clear-yet-not-disturbing way (please note that English is a foreign language for me, so I find it hard to grasp subleties in tone), and because I think that these questions, even if I may have unwantingly worded them offensively, are by themselves valid questions.

    #118387

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    I can write a very long answer to let you know why most of the mainstream medicine don’t treat and study this syndrome in the medical school. What happened is documented and filed. Unfortunately, since those events occurred during the 80s, there haven’t been more studies or medical institutions interested on researching deeply about it. Stupid, criminal, and absurd but real. There millions of people living with enough amount of yeast in the intestines to cause symptoms. Most symptoms caused by an intestinal candidiasis are produced by yeast metabolites affecting remote organs and tissues. Candida metabolic wastes react with the immune system and affect the neuroendocrine system considerable.

    I can list more than 100 MDs in the US, some of them brilliants with many written books about medicine, who treat and recognize this syndrome.

    Anyway, the explanation is simple, when Dr. Truss documented his finding about this syndrome, there weren’t well planned controlled clinical studies to proof its existence. The only controlled clinical study was published by Dismukes et al. 1990. It was a poor designed study that didn’t oriented a low carbohydrate diet. They used Nystatin in a group of possible yeast syndrome patients with poor results. Since this syndrome affected me, I learned Nystatin isn’t effective if people continue eating a high carbohydrate/sugar diet. So, the results of this study were totally unappropriated. Since this study was published in The New England Journal of Medicine, it was divulged and considered a guideline in medical practice.

    Another reason why the skepticism has been kept is this syndrome is mostly Iatrogenic. It means caused by the medicines your MD prescribe you. If doctors admitted that prescription drugs such as antibiotics, antiacids, corticosteroids, and estrogen predispose patient to develop candidiasis, then they will have to deal with it. Also, the revolution and changes about many routine practices and treatments prescribed to deal with symptoms may interfere with medical interests and the pharma industry interests.

    Jorge.

    #118389

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    Floggi;56907 wrote:
    Please allow me to ask a few questions.

    xChristianXX, how can you still post if your account has been banned?

    raster, if candida is the most studied organism in medical science, how come doctors don’t acknowledge the reality of candida overgrowth, as so many people attest on this forum?

    Edit:

    In hindsight, I realise that my questions may seem confronting, or too direct. Please be assured that I’m not trying to troll or to upset people. If my questions seem to raise conflict, that’s because I tried to phrase them in a concise and simple way. Though this makes the questions themselves as clear as possible, it has the side-effect of making their tone more (too?) confronting.

    If I did upset anyone, please just let me know. For now, I’m not removing my questions because I’m still learning how to best phrase questions in a clear-yet-not-disturbing way (please note that English is a foreign language for me, so I find it hard to grasp subleties in tone), and because I think that these questions, even if I may have unwantingly worded them offensively, are by themselves valid questions.

    I have some questions for you.

    Are you affected by the yeast syndrome ??

    Do you have some health problem that you link to candidiasis ?

    Are you trying to find any support or advice in this forum to deal with a health problem linked to candidiasis ??

    I would like to know what is the real cause of you participation in this forum ?? As a general practice, all people who joins this forum are trying to find answers and a right path to overcome a health situation, but since I don’t know anything about you, I would like to know what kind of situation brought you to here.

    Thanks.!

    #118390

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I’ve wondered the same about floggi and he just likes to debate about stuff but isn’t really here about candida or to help anyone in particular…

    -raster

    #118391

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    raster;56911 wrote: I’ve wondered the same about floggi and he just likes to debate about stuff but isn’t really here about candida or to help anyone in particular…

    -raster

    Yes, Raster.

    I am sure it will end, since I bet I am not the only one who is uncomfortable with this situation. I accept he doesn’t help anyone, but he isn’t looking for any particular help or support either. I am intrigued about his reason here.

    Jorge.

    #118393

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    For those interested, both side of the coin. Both are medical studies.!

    Effectiveness of nystatin in polysymptomatic patients. A randomized, double-blind trial with nystatin versus placebo in general practice
    Heiko Santelmann, Even Laerum, Joergen Roenneviga and Hans E Fagertunb
    + Author Affiliations

    Department of General Practice and Community Medicine, University of Oslo, 0317 Oslo,
    aAlpharma AS, 0212 Oslo and
    bParexel Medstat AS, 2001 Lillestroem, Norway.
    Correspondence to Dr H. Santelmann, Holmenveien 1, 0374 Oslo, Norway. E-mail: [email protected]
    Received October 15, 1999.
    Revision received October 10, 2000.
    Accepted January 8, 2001.

    Next Section
    Abstract

    Background. Antifungal therapy has been claimed to be effective in polysymptomatic patients with diffuse symptoms from multiple body systems and even well defined diseases, traditionally not related to fungi. Hypersensitivity to fungus proteins and mycotoxins has been proposed as the cause.

    Methods. We conducted a 4-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in 116 individuals selected by a 7-item questionnaire to determine whether the antifungal agent nystatin given orally was superior to placebo. At the onset of the study, the patients were free to select either their regular diet or a sugar- and yeast-free diet, which resulted in four different subgroups: nystatin + diet (ND); placebo + diet (PD); nystatin (N); and placebo (P).

    Results. Nystatin was significantly better than placebo in reduction of the overall symptom score (P < 0.003). In six of the 45 individually recorded symptoms, the improvement was significant (P < 0.01). All three active treatment groups reduced their overall symptom scores significantly (P N) and the placebo groups (PD > P).

    Conclusions. Nystatin is superior to placebo in reducing localized and systemic symptoms in individuals with presumed fungus hypersensitivity as selected by a 7-item questionnaire. This superiority is probably enhanced even further by a sugar- and yeast-free diet.

    **********************************************************************************************

    A randomized, double-blind trial of nystatin therapy for the candidiasis hypersensitivity syndrome.
    Dismukes WE1, Wade JS, Lee JY, Dockery BK, Hain JD.
    Author information
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    Candida albicans infection has been proposed to cause a chronic hypersensitivity syndrome characterized by fatigue, premenstrual tension, gastrointestinal symptoms, and depression. Long-term antifungal therapy has been advocated as treatment for the syndrome, which is most often diagnosed in women with persistent or recurrent candida vaginitis.
    METHODS:
    To determine the efficacy of nystatin therapy for presumed candidiasis hypersensitivity syndrome, we conducted a 32-week randomized, double-blind, cross-over study using four different combinations of nystatin or placebo given orally or vaginally in 42 premenopausal women who met present criteria for the syndrome and had a history of candida vaginitis. The outcomes studied were the changes from base line in scores for vaginal, systemic, and overall symptoms and in the results of standardized psychological tests.
    RESULTS:
    The three active-treatment regimens (oral and vaginal nystatin, oral nystatin and vaginal placebo, and oral placebo and vaginal nystatin) and the all-placebo regimen significantly reduced both vaginal and systemic symptoms (P less than 0.001), but nystatin did not reduce the systemic symptoms significantly more than placebo. On average, the scores for systemic symptoms improved 25 percent with the three active-treatment regimens and 23 percent with the all-placebo regimen, a difference of only 2 percent (95 percent confidence interval, -3 to 7 percent). As expected, the three active-treatment regimens were more effective than placebo in relieving vaginal symptoms (P less than 0.001). All four regimens reduced psychological symptoms and global indexes of distress; there were no significant differences among the treatment regimens.
    CONCLUSIONS:
    In women with presumed candidiasis hypersensitivity syndrome, nystatin does not reduce systemic or psychological symptoms significantly more than placebo. Consequently, the empirical recommendation of long-term nystatin therapy for such women appears to be unwarranted.

    #118394

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

    ABSTRACT
    Fifty-two percent of stool specimens collected from 1,200 high-risk patients were colonized with yeasts, primarily Candida albicans (53.6%) and Candida glabrata (35.7%). Susceptibilities to all antifungal agents tested, including LY303366, were similar to those reported previously for Candida species isolated from blood.

    Over the past 20 years, the incidence of Candida species causing systemic infection in compromised hosts has been steadily increasing (3). [h][/h]It has been suggested that the source of, or reservoir for, these infections may be the lower gastrointestinal tract in patients receiving antibiotics[h][/h] or antifungal agents and/or patients who are at high risk of infection (e.g., oncology, transplantation, dialysis, burn, and intensive care unit patients) (1, 4). The scientific literature contains a wealth of susceptibility data describing fungemic Candida species isolates from patients with a variety of medical and surgical conditions. There are, however, a lack of data describing the antifungal susceptibilities of Candida species colonizing the lower gastrointestinal tract of high-risk patients.

    Note how patient receiving antibiotics are at risk and there is suggested a lower intestinal reservoir.

    More evidence:

    http://www.candidaallergy.com/Elevation%20of%20Candida%20IgG%20in%20Patients.pdf

    Circulating immune complexes in patients with Candida albicans infections.
    G Burges, H P Holley, and G Virella
    Copyright and License information ►
    This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.
    Abstract

    The existence of circulating immune complexes in patients with candidiasis has been suggested but not confirmed. In this study we have used four immune complex screening techniques (direct nephelometry, Clq binding assay, PEG-IgG assay and PEG-C4 assay) and an immune complex score compiled from results of the individual tests to establish that elevated levels of immune complexes do exist in a series of 11 patients with systemic candidiasis as compared with a group of 18 normal controls. Isolation and characterization of high molecular weight fractions from the sera of five patients with candidiasis and further purification by affinity chromatography on Sepharose 4B-protein A substantiated the presence of anti-Candida antibody and/or Candida antigen in at least three of them. The presence of complement components and IgG in these fractions further supported the existence of immune complexes containing microbial antigen and antibody.

    #118398

    Josie
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

    Hi
    I am new to this forum.
    I went to see a well respected highly recommended Kinesiologist/alt health practitioner recently. I assumed the health problem i have been experiencing recently were due to my ongoing chronic candida – i was wrong. She tested and tested me and could not find any fungus or overgrowth of candida. I was shocked. The problem was, in her opinion and from her diagnosis was low dopamine, low immune, low in B vits and thyroid issues. No issue with candida. She did say i had a issue with gluten and to steer clear of wheat.
    For the past 15 years i have been convinced that my problems were due to candida overgrowth.
    15 years ago i suffered from a lot of digestive and recurrent thrush. I went to see a health practitioner and was put on a strict anti-candida diet with supplements to kill the yeast and restore the good bacteria in my gut. I stuck to it and i did notice some improvement. However, it kept coming back. After many years of battling with candida, i decided to just stay on a permanent anti-candida diet (sometimes more strictly than others) and take the recommended supplements. My health never really improved that much. I did have periods of feeling some improvement. I read thousands of books on candida, tried loads of anti-fungal, anti-candida treatments etc etc
    About 7 years ago, I went to see another alt health practitioner and again through testing and diagnosis was told i had very bad candida and poisoning from my mercury fillings. So, i had them removed and went on a total detox. I did not experience that much improvement, i was very disappointed, i spent a lot of money having my mercury fillings replaced.
    After a while, i just accepted my poor health and the fact that i would be on a no-yeast no-sugar diet for the rest of my life.
    About 4 years ago, i kept getting, what i thought was, vaginal thrush again I kept going to my GP for the test and it kept coming back negative – not thrush I pursued this and went to a woman’s clinic for further testing. Again, the test came back as negative. However, what I found out was ironic! The doctor at the clinic looked at my ‘thrush-like’ specimen under the microscope and told me i actually had the opposite of thrush, i had an overgrowth of a ‘good’ (vaginal) bacteria which is similar to the look and feel of thrush. I put two and two together – after many years of inserting acidophilus capsules internally for many years – advised from a alt health practitioner – in an attempt to clear what i assumed was ‘thrush’, had caused the overgrowth of good bacteria which defends against yeast!. I was given a natural treatment by the doctor for this and the problem went away very quickly.
    My main health problem now is lack of energy and low mood. I am going to follow the Kinesiologist’s advice. I do think that my restrictive diet (on and off) for so many years, has not done me any favours. I have not been getting full spectrum of vits and minerals i need. I now think that i did have a candida problem, for a while perhaps but that this went away. I have stupidly been fixated on the candida as my problem, i have been misdiagnosed with candida overgrowth perhaps, spent too much money on supplements that did nothing for me, read too many books on the subject and quite frankly taken the wrong advice without a second opinion.

    #118399

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Josie;56919 wrote: Hi
    I am new to this forum.
    I went to see a well respected highly recommended Kinesiologist/alt health practitioner recently. I assumed the health problem i have been experiencing recently were due to my ongoing chronic candida – i was wrong. She tested and tested me and could not find any fungus or overgrowth of candida. I was shocked. The problem was, in her opinion and from her diagnosis was low dopamine, low immune, low in B vits and thyroid issues. No issue with candida. She did say i had a issue with gluten and to steer clear of wheat.
    For the past 15 years i have been convinced that my problems were due to candida overgrowth.
    15 years ago i suffered from a lot of digestive and recurrent thrush. I went to see a health practitioner and was put on a strict anti-candida diet with supplements to kill the yeast and restore the good bacteria in my gut. I stuck to it and i did notice some improvement. However, it kept coming back. After many years of battling with candida, i decided to just stay on a permanent anti-candida diet (sometimes more strictly than others) and take the recommended supplements. My health never really improved that much. I did have periods of feeling some improvement. I read thousands of books on candida, tried loads of anti-fungal, anti-candida treatments etc etc
    About 7 years ago, I went to see another alt health practitioner and again through testing and diagnosis was told i had very bad candida and poisoning from my mercury fillings. So, i had them removed and went on a total detox. I did not experience that much improvement, i was very disappointed, i spent a lot of money having my mercury fillings replaced.
    After a while, i just accepted my poor health and the fact that i would be on a no-yeast no-sugar diet for the rest of my life.
    About 4 years ago, i kept getting, what i thought was, vaginal thrush again I kept going to my GP for the test and it kept coming back negative – not thrush I pursued this and went to a woman’s clinic for further testing. Again, the test came back as negative. However, what I found out was ironic! The doctor at the clinic looked at my ‘thrush-like’ specimen under the microscope and told me i actually had the opposite of thrush, i had an overgrowth of a ‘good’ (vaginal) bacteria which is similar to the look and feel of thrush. I put two and two together – after many years of inserting acidophilus capsules internally for many years – advised from a alt health practitioner – in an attempt to clear what i assumed was ‘thrush’, had caused the overgrowth of good bacteria which defends against yeast!. I was given a natural treatment by the doctor for this and the problem went away very quickly.
    My main health problem now is lack of energy and low mood. I am going to follow the Kinesiologist’s advice. I do think that my restrictive diet (on and off) for so many years, has not done me any favours. I have not been getting full spectrum of vits and minerals i need. I now think that i did have a candida problem, for a while perhaps but that this went away. I have stupidly been fixated on the candida as my problem, i have been misdiagnosed with candida overgrowth perhaps, spent too much money on supplements that did nothing for me, read too many books on the subject and quite frankly taken the wrong advice without a second opinion.

    This is exactly why I suggest not treating yourself and consulting a good ND who knows what they are doing and what else the problem could be and put you on a holistic plan to get better. Ever since I started to heal my thyroid 6 months ago, my health has improved significantly…so I think this is a very key part of the battle, and I have been telling others about this over and over. Its never just candida by itself imho.

    Do not blindly stick to a plan that doesn’t work long term! You should be making progress each and every day!

    -raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Candida is not real’ is closed to new replies.