Candida is a nightmare

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida is a nightmare

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Eaterofcake
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi,

About 5 years ago I started notching red blotches on my penis (this happened after I got very sick with the flu and took some strong antibiotics), I thought nothing of it since they would go away usually- as time went on I started realizing I was getting constant yeast infections. If i masterbated, boom, my penis turned in to a red lollipop (and if I had a heavy night of drinking forget it)- eventually it got so bad my penis pretty much was always red and always had a funky smell (sometimes even minutes after I got out of the shower). Long story short, I took some pills and got it out of my body and I have had ups and downs with candida and every time my johnson gets back to normal the moment I even eat some ketchup it comes back a little bit and I have to go on another cleanse.

Does anyone know how long it takes for this nightmare to go away for good? I can’t believe how hard it is to get back to a normal diet, I’ve probably lost about 20 pounds now after all the cleanses and cutting food out of my diet and I’m grateful I don’t have it as bad as before but why won’t this thing simply go away for good?

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

i believe you need to work to rebalance your gut flora and kill it off at the same time. that’s the only way to get rid of it for good. making your own fermented foods and beverages is important. if you read this board and the candida forum at http://www.curezone.com, plus there are other good ones, like Dr. Walt Stoll’s message board from the late 90’s, you will find the answers. also, sites like paleohacks.com. Also diet is very important, you will find a ton of info on diet here.

Eaterofcake
    Topics: 1

Thanks for the advice, but why do you think I need to rebalance my gut flora? Is it that I’m able to kill it but something is off in my gut and my body can’t fight it off from coming back? I noticed Kefir does seem to really help when I buy it from the stores, but how often would I need to drink it? Every day? I found doctors haven’t been helpful when it comes to this so any info would be very appreciated. Thanks for the links, would you be able to provide any others about specifically rebalancing gut flora?

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

i think for most of us (except for dvjorge who had good flora), we got this disease, infection, infestation, whatever you want to call it, because our flora was compromised by either antibiotics or something else.. mostly antibiotics. i think this is how it goes – acidophillus bacteria produce lactic acid and that keeps your gut in an acid state. when you kill them off and they stop producing acids, the environment turns alkaline and candida, which is in your gut naturally in a benign yeast form, is able to mutate to a fungus and grow roots and permeate your gut lining. the idea is to kill off the fungus and reestablish colonies of lactic acid producing bacteria. for example, i did a CDSA 2.0 stool test and had 0 of them.. had some bifidus though. so your goal is to kill them with antifungals, not allow them to regrow – so don’t eat sugar and flour, etc.., and then eat/drink kefir, fermented veggies, kombucha, probiotics (although they are way weak I’ve read compared to homemade ferments), will help you get the lactic acid producing bacteria back in to the digestive tract. Also, prebiotics can feed the flora still in there, as it’s impossible to kill off every single one. the other task is to figure out why you have candida in the first place. do you have a malfunctioning organ, low stomach acid from proton-pump inhibitor meds, were you a heavy drug or alcohol user, do you have SIBO (small intestine bacteria overgrowth), do you have parasites, heavy metal toxicity, etc. etc. There can be a million reasons. The bigger disease is actually called leaky gut. i think one has to have that if they have fungal candida. So you need to heal that as well. According to Dr. Walt Stoll, you must have a leaky gut in order to have candida. Leaky gut can cause autoimmune conditions, etc.

It takes a long time to figure everything out. My advice is to do a lot of reading. Perhaps get a CDSA 2.0 stool test, although that may not be necessary since you already know you have it. Get on Able’s strict diet and antifungals. But not til you have some fermented foods brewing. Make sure the fermented foods are all the way fermented so you don’t ingest much sugar. Oh, kefir from the stores is not what you want. It’s too high in sugars and too low in beneficial bacteria. You want to make your own. You can buy kefir grains on Amazon for $10 and find instructions all over the web. It’s wayyyy cheaper too! A week or two on the diet, and your rashes should start to clear up, or it could take longer. You may get more of them too, in new spots as the fungus clings to life. Then, just continue on the diet, antifungals, for a long time.

I don’t have anything specifically on rebuilding of gut flora. Kill the bad stuff, feed the good stuff, add in more good stuff. but here are a few sites that I’ve come across and found good info. i’m still not cured yet though. and i have a mild case compared to many others.

Walt Stoll
    http://askwaltstollmd.com/archives/lgs.html

http://www.janus.net.pl/Candida%20Fungi.htm

http://www.candidarecovery.com/index.html

http://www.myjourneywithcandida.com/2010/01/pictures-of-human-parasites.html

Makingchanges
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 43

Eaterofcake, You have come to the right place for advice…some really helpful peeps here!

Mygutleaks, When you wrote this…”Also, prebiotics can feed the flora still in there, as it’s impossible to kill off every single one.”
    Can I ask what you meant by this?

jay253
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 43

it may be a good idea after cutting carbs for a time to try the probiotics that live through the stomach acid like saccharomyces bourlardii and bacillus coagulans b. laterosporus bod strain and the best for afterwards l. plantarum 299, research these

Pancho
    Topics: 0

What we’ve come to refer to as a “normal diet” is really a very perverted way of eating. I don’t believe that most of us even know what a real human diet is anymore. Centuries ago, for example, “bread” meant something real, not a large soft block of nutritionless gunk that smells somewhat like bread but has no nutrients (aside from artificial ones). People eat can’d food, flavored, processed, texturized, colored, sprayed stuff in jars & cans and no longer even know (nor can they imagine) what their ancestors ate long ago. I can’t get over how people have described their idea of a “normal diet” to me! There’s so much sugar, corn syrup, “conditioners,” preservatives & colorants in so much of the “food” today, and yet we learn to keep saying, “Well, that won’t hurt me,” and every time yet another ingredient is added to our food, we say, “It won’t hurt me,” until we’re consuming a whole list of non-food items that have been added to the foods we eat — and then we wonder why we have all of these conditions? I’d say that the greater majority of people are infected with candidiasis and most of them are not going to understand or even believe that they’ve got anything that a nice drug or surgery won’t “cure.” But once one wakes up to this issue, once our eyes are opened, we see it for the nightmare it is. I’m healing again from this condition and am having to take enzymes in addition to the various things i take to kill the candida. For a time I wasn’t able to eat anything at all because my digestion didn’t seem to be working. Now that function is slowly coming back. I had the flu recently; i never get it that badly i suspect because i avoid junk food, and don’t smoke, drink or overeat. But with the flu came a candida outbreak which made my life over the past 2 months a living hell. Now I’m approaching food again with a more cautious eye. I can’t eat fruit yet; I was drinking a lot of fruit smoothies with bananas, mango, strawberry, green powder, apple juice — it was all too sweet for me apparently. And i was eating wheat bread, which i can’t do. So aside from needing to eat real foods, foods meant for the human system, we also need to “tune” our diet to our own particular body. I was getting those red blotches on my arms and getting nightmares, and just generally not feeling well. A good book on the subject would be, “The Yeast Syndrome,” by John Parks Trowbridge, MD, and Morton Walker, DPM. I don’t know if it’s in print anymore but you can get used copies at Amazon. It’s been extremely helpful for me …

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery to get over candida overgrowth. If you have candida on your penis, you likely have it in your kidneys as well.

We developed this general plan to get better:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

You need to repopulate your gut with good flora which will reduce the candida numbers.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida is a nightmare’ is closed to new replies.