Candida in sinuses, so many bathroom trips and gas… What can I do?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida in sinuses, so many bathroom trips and gas… What can I do?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

Hey again.

So since my last post about extreme die off or reactions to the antifungals I was taking, I’ve had yet still more boulders in the road in an already tough path.

I took measures to aid in making sure my liver could handle the extra load of the dying garbage being killed off by the supplements I was taking, but I still found the die off too much, so I took a break for a month. I decided to try the probiotic I tried before, it had offered me some relief back in June and I was so desperate for any kind of break from the constant stomach bloating and bathroom trips I took them. They did offer some relief, but inadvertently opened up the floodgate for still more debilitating issues…

Here’s what happened, so after a few days on the probiotic, I started to feel pressure/liquid behind my ears, and I felt dizzy and a lot of sinus pressure. I assumed it was more die off so just dealt with it, though I wasn’t sure how as there’s virtually nothing about dealing with candida in the sinuses anywhere! Anyways, this would come and go, until my right ear started hurting and my headache and dizziness got worse. I eventually went to see a doctor who said I had an ear infection in my left ear, so I was put on amoxicillin. This is the third ear infection I’ve had in that ear in the past 5 years, and I’m pretty sure candida is to blame, and though I’ve since finished the coarse (I knew I’d just be further screwing up my gut but I don’t want to mess around with ear infections.) During the week on the antibiotic my stomach was a bit calmer, but it had been calming a bit before that as I’d totally obliterated gluten from my diet, including all substitutes I wasn’t faring any better with. Things weren’t perfect but my stomach seemed to settle, until I decided I might as well try the antifungals again as I knew with my still lingering sinus issues it was messing around up there.

I’ve been taking caprylic acid, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract and apple cider vinegar and coconut oil on occasion… Now I’m right back where I started. A week on this regiment and my stomach is always bloated again, constant trips to the bathroom and to top that off my left ear is always ringing now and from time to time I get this horrific taste in my mouth, almost chemical in nature in response to temperature or humidity changes when I go from room to room, or to the basement. This problem has been plaguing me much more severely this year, especially in the summer, every time i’d get into the hot car id get this horrific taste in the upper region in the back of my throat, behind the nose… It’s just absolutely disgusting and I don’t know what to do about it.

But here’s my concerns, though I intend to rotate antifungals (oil of oregano, goldenseal and pau d arco next) I’m at my wits end with the discomfort and bloating and continual trips to the bathroom.

Is there ANYTHING I can take to regulate my bowel movements so I can at least get away with just one or two movements? I can’t stand this, it’s literally driving me insane I can’t get anything accomplished as I’m always having to drop it to go to the bathroom! Plus the gas and cramps have gotten really debilitating again, I’m still not gaining any weight and I’m really concerned about this I have to get this under control.

What about my sinuses, the terrible taste is so bad I can’t even taste whatever I’m eating through it, is there anything I can do to heal my sinuses? I still feel the pressure behind my ears every so often, and I know they’re cleared of wax, I’m scared of getting another ear infection if I keep killing off crap only to have it get stuck in my sinuses somehow and cause inflammation.

The probiotics I fear caused a reaction as I may have lactate acidosis, and can’t tolerate any probiotic with lactose in it, but I read the bifido strains can be just as detrimental where Sibo is concerned, so I’m not sure what to do to help get my gut flora back in balance if I can’t even tolerate probiotics now…

I’ve been taking fennel for gas but it’s not touching it lately since staring the antifungals again, I don’t know why. I still take milk thistle to help my liver and hopefully it’s doing okay, I’m unsure of what to take to help my kidneys or other organs though… As well my pee always smells really funky when I’m on this stuff.

But, that’s where I’m at, any input is as always, appreciated, hoping I’m not being too much of a bother.

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

I think that if you do too much too fast, your body is not gonna catch up and heal properly like it should.
    Also some of the anti-fungals can be hard on the stomach and leave you with intolerants. I know I can’t do the grapefruit seed extract and the apple cider vinegar anymore.

Try and find a probiotic, and maybe go easy on the other things until you do. I have been in situations where I did too much and then I stopped everything. I only regret stopping the probitoics and the milk thistle during the break I had with vitamins and anti-fungals.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The sinus problem is caused by bacteria. If you want to relieve it, you need to get this dropper device and put a mixture of 1/2 kosher salt and 1/2 distilled water in the dropper and dropper it into your nose. Do this while tilting your head back and then tilt your head forward once you put it in. You should feel a burning feeling in your nasal area and this is the bacteria dying.

You can accompany this with hydrogen peroxide drops in your ears and it should clear up rather quickly from my experience.

High Histamine levels can cause this also.

Try out magnesium chloride to regulate your bowels and/or digestive enzymes. Probiotics and antifungals should improve digestion also. All minerals improve digestion. Try out the combination of rutabega and oat bran to bring immediate relief, this should trigger you to go. Antifungal teas such as chamomile tea improve digestion also.

You should consider s. boulardii and kombucha protocol if you can’t tolerate regular probiotics.

-raster

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant

Smurfie –

(Really like your name by the way, feel I’ve been a smurf fan all my life 😉 )

You’re right of course, Raster expressed this in response to my last topic where I explained a lot of extreme die off, it was harsh. I’ve been trying to introduce things gradually but seems I still can’t win with it, maybe too many at once. I seem to tolerate the gse okay, the olive leaf extract totally messes up my stomach though if I take too much at once. The bottle says two dropper fulls two times a day, I tried one and my stomach was all sour and wiggy feeling for two days, half a dropper spread out I’m fine though. I find ACV seems to exacerbate my gas at first, but I take it to help with low stomach acid, not for gas. I’m not sure why that is exactly. But thank you so much for your thoughts I will try that, one without that lactate strains anyways.

Raster –

Once more thank you for getting back to me.

I figured it was bacteria… I just don’t understand why it’s so rampant in my sinuses, which is why I thought candida might be an issue with it… But the bad taste seems more a bacteria thing.

Anywho, yes, thank you I will do that, do I just purchase any ol’ dropper for that? I couldn’t imagine anything special for it, but that sounds exceedingly simple and I already have distilled water in hand just need the salt.

I used to use hydrogen peroxide for cleaning out ear wax, but I got an ear infection the last time shortly after doing this four years ago, but I may have had the infection before this which is what prompted me to clean my ears in the first place. But the hydrogen wouldn’t cause an infection in my ear, would it? I’ve been leery of doing anything with my ears since infections with the left have been such an issue, I generally leave it to the doctors… Suppose they should be good for something.

Will any of this aid in the ringing/ pressure in my ears? The ringing in the left is driving me batty it’s worse at night, and the infection is long gone, I even bothered with a follow up visit to be certain. I’d just like to ensure I don’t keep getting infections as I’m loath to take antibiotics again, I just don’t trust any herbal products to ensure I don’t go deaf, I’ll leave that to turning up the stereo too loud.

So as always I’ll look into your suggestions, they’ve not steered me wrong just seems something new is always cropping up and some things are just stubborn!

raster
    Participant

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I’m deficient in acid, being the uninformed twit I was when starting seeing the gastro doc in 2012, they put me on PPI’s, so I took those pretty religiously. I stopped earlier this year when I started having these issues, and I’ve been taking Betaine HCL from NOW for the past month or so, I feel it’s helped a little…but may not be taking enough with certain meals as I still have these issues day to day.

I’m really not sure and a bit frustrated to be honest, I’ve read (in the topic you linked too, as well as other places) that these Betaine supplements can improve digestion significantly, and I’m not really noticing THAT much of a difference for me personally. So, either this particular brand isn’t strong enough or I need something else to accompany it, I’ve been meaning to get some digestive enzymes to go with it as I’m not sure what else to try anyways.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

You have to increase HCl doses until you have a burning feeling. I had to take 13g about a year ago. Now, I only take 0-4g depending on the amount/kind of protein in my meal.

raster
    Participant

Ya you might want to change brands too, and try out zypan which I think is superior.

-raster

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant

TheChosenOne;60665 wrote: You have to increase HCl doses until you have a burning feeling. I had to take 13g about a year ago. Now, I only take 0-4g depending on the amount/kind of protein in my meal.

raster;60667 wrote: Ya you might want to change brands too, and try out zypan which I think is superior.

-raster

Okay, well when this one runs out (which it’s close to doing anyways) I’ll try another.

Generally, depending on the meal I’ll take up to four, though not too often, usually two. I’m not sure how many grams that is, but probably about as much as you were taking, if not more. I’ve yet to feel any ‘burning’ sensation with it, not that I really want too as that means I’d be taking too much anyways.

Hopefully switching will give me a bit more relief as I find some meals still give me cramping the next day, even if I take the Betaine.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

If you feel a burning sensation, it means that you have to cut back 1 capsule. That’s the optimal dose.

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant

Hey Raster

I had a question concerning digestive enzymes, I eventually chose this one, Now Digest ultimate, http://www.nowfoods.com/Digest-Ultimate-120-Veg-Capsules.htm but I’m wondering if it’s right for me.

I chose it because I read it has a lot of things that helps break up biofilms, but since starting it I’ve found my troubles increasing a bit, least I feel slightly nauseated and the cramping/gas pain hasn’t really diminished.I’ve been taking these with the betaine, and I’m wondering if I should just stop them, they might not be the right ‘enzymes’ for me, but I was curious if you had a suggestion for a better option for those. I’m just not sure it’s die off as I’ve taken a break from antifungals, but am having an increase in GERD symptoms since trying these out.

raster
    Participant

Ya it has a lot of enzymes compared to most products. I would compare it to pro-gest and see the difference. The L-glutamine likely will bring benefit.

-raster

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me as always

Just so I’m sure, it’s this one? http://www.amazon.com/Integrative-Therapeutics-Pro-gest-Tablets-90-Count/dp/B0031X3BJA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Probably is too many enzymes in the other, seems to make my constipation/discomfort worse too.

raster
    Participant

Yes its this one…

-raster

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Candida in sinuses, so many bathroom trips and gas… What can I do?’ is closed to new replies.