Candida in prostate?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida in prostate?

This topic contains 44 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  trayton60 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

How many of you guys have experience with candida getting in your prostate? I don’t see much talk of it in this forum, but from what I’ve read elsewhere it’s rather common. From what I understand, the prostate is an alkaline environment, and therefore candida-friendly. I appear to have it in mine. Symptoms include mild balanitis (mild, yet annoying), rectal itch, and waking up at night too frequently to use the bathroom. Lower abdomen seems generally inflamed, as well.

I already know that I did not contract this sexually. I had/have candida overgrowth in the intestines as well. I guess that somehow the candida moves from the small intestines to the prostate; I don’t pretend to know the mechanism of the transition.

I’ve been on a candida diet for 9 weeks now. It’s not the same diet this forum uses, but it’s pretty similar. The aforementioned prostate symptoms fluctuate quite a bit, just like other die-off symptoms tend to do.

Anyway, my questions for the forum are as follows:

1) Are anti-fungals effective at eliminating candida in the prostate? Or just the intestines?

2) If anyone has had candida in their prostate, how long did it take to kill it off?

3) Would lemon water help with this? I know it’s supposed to be good for the urinary tract…

Thanks

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

candida_sucks wrote: How many of you guys have experience with candida getting in your prostate? I don’t see much talk of it in this forum, but from what I’ve read elsewhere it’s rather common. From what I understand, the prostate is an alkaline environment, and therefore candida-friendly. I appear to have it in mine. Symptoms include mild balanitis (mild, yet annoying), rectal itch, and waking up at night too frequently to use the bathroom. Lower abdomen seems generally inflamed, as well.

I already know that I did not contract this sexually. I had/have candida overgrowth in the intestines as well. I guess that somehow the candida moves from the small intestines to the prostate; I don’t pretend to know the mechanism of the transition.

I’ve been on a candida diet for 9 weeks now. It’s not the same diet this forum uses, but it’s pretty similar. The aforementioned prostate symptoms fluctuate quite a bit, just like other die-off symptoms tend to do.

1) Are anti-fungals effective at eliminating candida in the prostate? Or just the intestines?

2) If anyone has had candida in their prostate, how long did it take to kill it off?

3) Would lemon water help with this? I know it’s supposed to be good for the urinary tract…

Thanks

Yes, mate you are not alone. I have the same symptoms.
    I dont know so much about your questions but wait here in the forum are people like Able and raster who know a hell of a lot about candida and are sure to help you with your questions.

yours
    Thomas

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

An underactive thyroid is thought to be linked by many to a candida overgrowth, one of the symptoms is frequent urination, other symptoms include intolerance to the cold, a dry mouth and muscle aches as well as generally feeling unwell. As you can see it is possible that these can be confused with die off.

Iodine helps the thyroid gland and kelp contains a large dose of iodine, a blood test can be used to diagnose an underactive thyroid but various websites seem to indicate that this blood test in not 100% reliable in spotting it so it can be missed.

Riinehart
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

Wow, I have the exact same symptoms. Glad you posted. This was brought up a bit before, but we didn’t really get anywhere.

For what it’s worth, I did a 3-week cycle of Diflucan and, aside from the normal fluctuation that you spoke of, nothing was really different. Maybe a little better (10%) during the time I was taking it.

I’ve been on the diet for just about 15 weeks now, and this symptom hasn’t improved. Would really like to get it figured out.

candida_sucks

Riinehart wrote: Wow, I have the exact same symptoms. Glad you posted. This was brought up a bit before, but we didn’t really get anywhere.

For what it’s worth, I did a 3-week cycle of Diflucan and, aside from the normal fluctuation that you spoke of, nothing was really different. Maybe a little better (10%) during the time I was taking it.

I’ve been on the diet for just about 15 weeks now, and this symptom hasn’t improved. Would really like to get it figured out.

I was wondering if Diflucan would do anything, so I’m glad you mentioned that.

15 weeks is a long time. I have seen progress in my 9 weeks, but it’s been slow. In the absence of a better test, I’ve been measuring the progress of the prostate by how flexible my lower back is; the inflammation I spoke of has caused the lower back muscles to tighten up. Before I started the diet, if I tried to arch my back it would feel as if a rope, positioned right next to the spine, was tied between the lower back and mid-back. Nowadays I can arch my back more than I could before, but I can tell that I still have a ways to go before I’m free of the inflammation.

I’ve seen the balanitis respond to the diet. During the initial weeks when my die-off symptoms were at their worst, the balanitis was also at its worst. When the die-off eased up, the balanitis lessened. Later on, when I increased my dosage of SF722, the balanitis once again worsened, along with other die-off symptoms.

I wish that scientists would invent killer nanobots already, so we could unleash them on the candida and get on with our lives.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

candida_sucks wrote:

Wow, I have the exact same symptoms. Glad you posted. This was brought up a bit before, but we didn’t really get anywhere.

I was wondering if Diflucan would do anything, so I’m glad you mentioned that.

15 weeks is a long time. I have seen progress in my 9 weeks, but it’s been slow. In the absence of a better test, I’ve been measuring the progress of the prostate by how flexible my lower back is; the inflammation I spoke of has caused the lower back muscles to tighten up. Before I started the diet, if I tried to arch my back it would feel as if a rope, positioned right next to the spine, was tied between the lower back and mid-back. Nowadays I can arch my back more than I could before, but I can tell that I still have a ways to go before I’m free of the inflammation.

I’ve seen the balanitis respond to the diet. During the initial weeks when my die-off symptoms were at their worst, the balanitis was also at its worst. When the die-off eased up, the balanitis lessened. Later on, when I increased my dosage of SF722, the balanitis once again worsened, along with other die-off symptoms.

I wish that scientists would invent killer nanobots already, so we could unleash them on the candida and get on with our lives.

Yes, my fungal overgrowth began as a prostatitis. I had a severe UT fungal infection. My story with this monster began there.
    I was cured of it, but I am still battling an intestinal overgrowth that was mainly triggered by the long antibiotic rounds my Drs prescribed by mistake thinking my prostatitis was bacterial. They never thought about candida , and it was what I had.

Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant

candida_sucks wrote: How many of you guys have experience with candida getting in your prostate? I don’t see much talk of it in this forum, but from what I’ve read elsewhere it’s rather common. From what I understand, the prostate is an alkaline environment, and therefore candida-friendly. I appear to have it in mine. Symptoms include mild balanitis (mild, yet annoying), rectal itch, and waking up at night too frequently to use the bathroom. Lower abdomen seems generally inflamed, as well.

Thanks

This is what cured my UT/prostatitis fungal infection.
    Itraconazole 200mg plus Terbinafine 250 mg (one a day for 3 months)

I took the combination after researching its synergistic effect against resistant yeast strains and looking for better tissue penetration with Itraconazole. I discussed it with a yeast expert before to follow the treatment.
    Thanks god, it cleared my UT.
    Jorge.

Riinehart
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

Thanks for the info, dvjorge. I will look into this.

And I second the call for killer nanobots.

Fedup34
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I’m new to this forum, but I’ve been battling prostatitis for a year now, been on antibiotics off and on for about a year, fed up with Dr’s and their attitudes, when you are reaching out for help, begging someone to assist you in finding out what is wrong with you, and they look at you and say there’s nothing else we can do, it is not caused by a bacterial infection, you’re on your own.
    I’ve been to several Dr’s and 3 urologists, with no help, I’m in debt now thousands of dollars and am back where I started from. I’ve been doing my own research online taking everybody else’s symptoms and stories in to consideration for my own treatment, until I came upon a website about Candida, and I had all the symptoms listed on that page that would suggest that I had a bad candida overgrowth and it had gotten into my prostate.
    I asked my DR. if it was possible for Candida to get into the prostate, if my wife had recently had a really bad yeast infection, and he said no, absolutely not.
    But I think he is wrong, I found a website that talks about changing your diet and how drinking baking soda and molasses can help kill off Candida, and I’ve totally revamped my diet, eating only fruits and veggies, along with some nuts and berries… That helped some, but I would still get flare ups, I then found a website talking about sassafras root tea helped their symptoms, I tried that and it did help my symptoms, but the flare ups would always come back, I tried the broccoli diet suggested by several people and that worked to mask the symptoms but never treated the root cause, because I wasn’t aware of what the root cause was.
    My symptoms ranged from at first chills, dizziness, and fogginess, unable to focus on anything, constant urination at night pain when I would urinate, or ejaculate, and it got to where I was unable to work for about two weeks at a time, I had sugar spikes with my diabetes, and my heart would race when I stood up all of the time.

I’ve been drinking baking soda with molasses now for a week, and I had a really bad day yesterday, I’m thinking it was a die off day cause today I feel great, no pain in the prostate, or kidneys or abdomen, I took my diabetes medicine, and my sugar bottomed out at 60 when it normally had been running high after a meal, I to think that my diabetes was caused by my Candida infection. (But that will be determined over some time).

Anyways, I hate to ramble on, but I truly feel like my prostatitis was caused by my Candida overgrowth and these DR’s now days are so out for the mighty dollar that they don’t care if they cure you they only care about the money you will spend coming in begging for relief…

I hope my story helps others that are suffering with this nasty condition.
    Thanks

dvjorge
    Participant

Fedup34;48963 wrote: I’m new to this forum, but I’ve been battling prostatitis for a year now, been on antibiotics off and on for about a year, fed up with Dr’s and their attitudes, when you are reaching out for help, begging someone to assist you in finding out what is wrong with you, and they look at you and say there’s nothing else we can do, it is not caused by a bacterial infection, you’re on your own.
    I’ve been to several Dr’s and 3 urologists, with no help, I’m in debt now thousands of dollars and am back where I started from. I’ve been doing my own research online taking everybody else’s symptoms and stories in to consideration for my own treatment, until I came upon a website about Candida, and I had all the symptoms listed on that page that would suggest that I had a bad candida overgrowth and it had gotten into my prostate.
    I asked my DR. if it was possible for Candida to get into the prostate, if my wife had recently had a really bad yeast infection, and he said no, absolutely not.
    But I think he is wrong, I found a website that talks about changing your diet and how drinking baking soda and molasses can help kill off Candida, and I’ve totally revamped my diet, eating only fruits and veggies, along with some nuts and berries… That helped some, but I would still get flare ups, I then found a website talking about sassafras root tea helped their symptoms, I tried that and it did help my symptoms, but the flare ups would always come back, I tried the broccoli diet suggested by several people and that worked to mask the symptoms but never treated the root cause, because I wasn’t aware of what the root cause was.
    My symptoms ranged from at first chills, dizziness, and fogginess, unable to focus on anything, constant urination at night pain when I would urinate, or ejaculate, and it got to where I was unable to work for about two weeks at a time, I had sugar spikes with my diabetes, and my heart would race when I stood up all of the time.

I’ve been drinking baking soda with molasses now for a week, and I had a really bad day yesterday, I’m thinking it was a die off day cause today I feel great, no pain in the prostate, or kidneys or abdomen, I took my diabetes medicine, and my sugar bottomed out at 60 when it normally had been running high after a meal, I to think that my diabetes was caused by my Candida infection. (But that will be determined over some time).

Anyways, I hate to ramble on, but I truly feel like my prostatitis was caused by my Candida overgrowth and these DR’s now days are so out for the mighty dollar that they don’t care if they cure you they only care about the money you will spend coming in begging for relief…

Thanks

You need proper medical care man.! Don’t give up.! Yes, candida cause prostatitis and contrary to what your ignorant Dr said, it happens many times. It is well documented and easy to diagnose with a semen microscopic analysis. You will need a long term systemic antifungal therapy with the right dosage. Let say 5 or 6 months taking Diflucan 200 mg a day or probably more according to your response. You need to add a synergistic substance that works together with Fluconazole. I think about Lactoferrin and Ibuprofen. Ibuprofen is really important because it blocks the acquired resistance candida develops to the azole drugs. It means that candida can not acquires resistance taking Fluconazole and Ibuprofen together.

You also need to treat your intestines with a non-systemic drug such as Nystatin. Treating the intestines is vital to re-gain immune competence to the yeast. Your immune system plays a big role controlling yeast infections, but the same yeast, one time it sets the infection, is responsible for the chronic immune suppression state that doesn’t allow you to heal.

I am sure if you follow this guidance you will cure your fungal prostatitis and this syndrome.

A diet and immune support supplements including probiotics are important.

I mentioned a possible antifungal combination but may be another one using Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, etc.

It has to be determined by your Dr according to response. Please, don’t waste your time and money using natural substances since they can not offer you a solution to your problem. A fungal prostatitis needs Rx systemic antifungals.

I hope it helps you.!

Jorge.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

candida_sucks;10026 wrote: How many of you guys have experience with candida getting in your prostate? I don’t see much talk of it in this forum, but from what I’ve read elsewhere it’s rather common. From what I understand, the prostate is an alkaline environment, and therefore candida-friendly. I appear to have it in mine. Symptoms include mild balanitis (mild, yet annoying), rectal itch, and waking up at night too frequently to use the bathroom. Lower abdomen seems generally inflamed, as well.

Thanks

Candida_sucks,

Prostititis marked the beginning of my candida troubles, similar to Jorge. When I was 23 (5 years ago) I had raging prostititis. It was painful to sit, stand, and certain foods aggravated it. I went to my doctor who referred me to a urologist. He prescribed me Levaquin (Levofloxacin) first, then 2 other broad spectrum anti-biotics over the coarse of 3 months. I was popping anti-biotics everyday and THEY NEVER gave me any relief from my prostate pain.

Weeks after my anti-biotic extravaganza I developed IBS, sever allergies, chemical sensitivities, dandruff, Seb Derm, and a long list of other symptoms. And I still had my good ol’ prostititis!

Baths and Jacuzzi’s helped a little, also so did Pro-biotics (I was supplementing for my IBS, I had no idea what candida was at the time). After about 11 months of prostititis it finally slowly went away on its own.

Its important to note that even in my severe case of Candida overgrowth my prostate healed itself somehow. I consider myself very lucky because it made my life completely miserable.

dvjorge
    Participant

Danny33;48968 wrote:

How many of you guys have experience with candida getting in your prostate? I don’t see much talk of it in this forum, but from what I’ve read elsewhere it’s rather common. From what I understand, the prostate is an alkaline environment, and therefore candida-friendly. I appear to have it in mine. Symptoms include mild balanitis (mild, yet annoying), rectal itch, and waking up at night too frequently to use the bathroom. Lower abdomen seems generally inflamed, as well.

Thanks

Candida_sucks,

Prostititis marked the beginning of my candida troubles, similar to Jorge. When I was 23 (5 years ago) I had raging prostititis. It was painful to sit, stand, and certain foods aggravated it. I went to my doctor who referred me to a urologist. He prescribed me Levaquin (Levofloxacin) first, then 2 other broad spectrum anti-biotics over the coarse of 3 months. I was popping anti-biotics everyday and THEY NEVER gave me any relief from my prostate pain.

Weeks after my anti-biotic extravaganza I developed IBS, sever allergies, chemical sensitivities, dandruff, Seb Derm, and a long list of other symptoms. And I still had my good ol’ prostititis!

Baths and Jacuzzi’s helped a little, also so did Pro-biotics (I was supplementing for my IBS, I had no idea what candida was at the time). After about 11 months of prostititis it finally slowly went away on its own.

Its important to note that even in my severe case of Candida overgrowth my prostate healed itself somehow. I consider myself very lucky because it made my life completely miserable.

Danny,

Your story is almost my story. I took Levaquin for 28 continue days. An strong a healthy man was left with one of the worst candida case ever. Can you imagine it ?? Still, I am battling the destruction those miserable antibiotics caused in my gut since 2008

I am guessing you experienced some kind of immune restoration that allowed your prostate to eliminate the active yeast infection, even if some remain, it is asymptomatic. Anyway, systemic antifungal drugs eliminate a fungal prostatitis because they worked for me. I am also aware of many other cases where it happened too, some of them I recommended the treatment myself.

Good Luck,

Jorge.

1 user thanked author for this post.

candida_sucks

My original post in this thread is nearly 2 years old, shortly after I joined this forum. Seems like a lifetime ago, and yet also feels like yesterday…

I’m now on Nystatin and Lamisil, and making good progress. Not sure I ever had candida in the prostate. I’ve since learned (from Jorge, initially) how balanitis can be caused by penile yeast infection, which is made possible by the immune suppression that candidiasis can cause. As for the abdominal inflammation, I now attribute that to colitis and/or enteritis. I could be wrong, but this is my current thinking.

CS

Adub
    Topics: 1

Fedup34;48963 wrote: I’m new to this forum, but I’ve been battling prostatitis for a year now, been on antibiotics off and on for about a year, fed up with Dr’s and their attitudes, when you are reaching out for help, begging someone to assist you in finding out what is wrong with you, and they look at you and say there’s nothing else we can do, it is not caused by a bacterial infection, you’re on your own.

Thanks

I’m not sure if I’m replying to this right lol, I’m new here too. If this helps at all because I’ve been to 8 hospitals and atleast 10 doctors trips in the past 3 months… When I finally had the bloodwork checked for candida- they didn’t want to do it because it wasnt supportive of what my doctor thought. I hit my breaking point and really thought that something seriously bad would happen to me if I didn’t get some answers or help “now”. At the hospital they had an iv in my arm for a million other tests I’d already had done. Before they took my iv out I told them that I want it noted on my exit papers that they are denying any testing for a fungal infection. This made them turn heads fast because they worry about a lawsuit when they have to document they’re denying something. They did the bloodwork and it came back positive for candida. I’ve heard many cases don’t hit the blood stream or are too strong that it could be a false negative. But you can request urine or other testing too. Once you ask them to document that they won’t do this..it changes everything. This is the only thing I felt I had left to do… Hope that helps?? Good luck!

celtic_saint
    Topics: 0

I came across this long thread after needing to “re-educate” myself on Candida and the pain I get after I have a yeast infection on my penis. Yep very embarrassing, but real, and I seem to be prone to recurring infections even if my girlfriend does not have a yeast infection herself. Clotrimazole 2% clears up the infection and usually all is fine unless I get a resurgence of my Prostatitis which happens when the yeast infection is worse than normal. Like most men on this thread I suffered for a long time going to different doctors and dozens of tests to finally be told that I have Prostatitis. The last Doc’s solution was a long course of Antibiotic but I changed my diet and basically let me body clear it out on its own.

I was pain free for years until just a few weeks ago when it flared up bad after I got another yeast infection. So this time I thought about trying Diflucan to rid my body of the infection (yeast infection on my penis is gone now) but the Doc says I am too healthy to possibly have Candida running rampant in my gut or Prostate. Of course urine analysis is clean. Doc was also quite skeptical when I mentioned Candida in my Prostate.

Does anyone know if a blood test will show a Candida infection?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Candida in prostate?’ is closed to new replies.