Candida home blood test

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida home blood test

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TheBo
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello all,

I’ve heard of the Candida5 kit but get an error when trying to purchase from candia5.com. The phone number on there doesn’t connect and I’ve had no reply to their email support, so I’m guessing they’re no longer in business.

Wondering if anyone could recommend an alternative?

Many thanks,
    Ray

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing you might be able to do is get the test at an allergist and they can test to see if you are allergic to candida. This is basically the same as the hypo-sensitization test I believe. If you are allergic to yeast, then it means you are not fighting it and you can take the hypo-sensitization shots.

-raster

raster
    Participant

TheBo
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks very much for that raster. I think I’ll try again with my GP and see if I can have that blood test. He did a mouth swab but that came back ‘normal’ but I still have symptoms which I believe is this Candida overgrowth (or whatever the correct term is).

It all started about 2 years ago after several courses of antibiotics for dental issues. I seem to always have a white tongue, peeling lip and inside of mouth. Brain fog, fatigue and lack of focus are my worst symptoms though. GP thought it might have been labrynthitis or some other form of vertigo, but I saw an ENT who couldn’t find anything wrong.

I’m taking probiotics, antifungals and cutting down on carbs & sugar, which seems to ease the brain fog etc, but I don’t want to start the strict diet until I have a diagnosis so I can be sure.

Thanks again,
    Ray

raster
    Participant

You likely will have to go to a different doctor such as allergist like I mentioned. Mention that you think your immune system is not fighting yeast and are allergic to yeast and that you want allergy testing. The correct term is to call this candida related complex. Also say you think you have oral thrush and angular chilitis which is caused by yeast.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Candida home blood test’ is closed to new replies.