Candida growth or die off symptoms?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida growth or die off symptoms?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sistercrystal
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

I’ve been on the diet for almost two weeks. Tonight I had a salad with cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, black olives (no vinegar), tossed with extra virgin olive oil and raw apple cider vinegar. I also took my supplements of various antifungals and my enzymes.

After supper I got really bloated and gassy with burbling. I haven’t felt this way at all since beginning the diet. Aside from die off symptoms, I’ve had no digestive distress. Tonight it feels a lot like I used to feel if I had dairy. So my question is, does the gassy bloating feeling mean I ate something that triggered more die off (maybe my supplements) or is this a symptoms that means candida is eating and growing?

How do you know when the bad feelings are “good” die off symptoms or the bad feelings are your body saying, “Don’t eat that again?”

And if you do eat something that triggers candida growth, is there something you should immediately do to control the situation?

Thanks!

Crystal

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Dont make the mistake of assuming that a direct correlation with candida is even the direct cause. There are many other things that can cause digestive upset. It could be related to bacterial overgrowth or allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances to the food itself, or just the amount or type of food eaten, especially in a person with an inflamed gut.

With that said, growth and die off can be nearly identical, and symptoms of both are pretty individual too. This makes it nearly impossible for anyone to give an honostly good answer to a question like that on a forum. It is best to take account of and monitor symptoms before treatment and as you progress along and compare to your own notes. Looking at the obvious, those foods arent going to feed a yeast overgrowth enough to cause immediate symptoms of that nature. That is one thing that can be safely ruled out.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think its likely related to deficiencies in stomach acid which is quite common with a candida infestation/problem:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

If your body doesn’t break down the food properly, it’ll produce gas when it ferments in the gut. Did you chew your food 30+ times per each bite?

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Candida growth or die off symptoms?’ is closed to new replies.