Candida gone in one week

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida gone in one week

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Noturbo 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Cedar1313
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

For the last six months I have been plagued by stomach issues, bouts of low blood pressure, tachycardia and even heart palpitations. First determined I was experiencing histamine intolerance which was cause some of the issues (was eating spinach from my garden twice a day). Start taking DAO enzyme and eating fresh pea sprouts which also have DAO enzyme to break down histamine. Felt okay but then start having strange symptoms when I tried to work out, felt like a respiratory virus. After six weeks I still had issues and got the idea to go on the candida diet. I also want to mentioned I have been on thyroid hormone for the last 2 1/2 years and it was getting worse. After two days on the strict candida diet I started to get tachycardia so I dropped my hormone dose in half. I then started take anti-candida herbs: garlic, oil of oregano, caprylic acid, Pau D’Arco and grapefruit seed oil. On the friday I started experiencing massive die off (felt like a bad hangover), took molybdenum, vitamin C and other anti-oxidants, activated carbon and drank lots of water. Felt better on Saturday and okay by Sunday. Now I have my full energy back and feel great. Think the candida was amplifying all my allergic responses and made mild allergies feel like a respiratory virus. Note: still on half my thyroid dose and feel fine. Think the candida caused my thyroid issues to begin with, provoked an auto-immune reaction. Will continue the diet but slowly adding fruit back in. will still take the anti-candida supplements until they are gone. Will avoid sugar and sweeteners. Taking a top rate probiotic now. Funny thing is my father has been treating patients for candida for 35 years, I never thought I would get it.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Candida uses biofilms to protect itself and is typically quite difficult to eliminate or reduce. It makes long term changes to your gut flora that are difficult to correct. It is very adaptable, and has effects on your immune system, adrenals etc that can take a long time to reverse. Honestly, I don’t think you could possibly have treated a Candida overgrowth in a week. It was likely something else.

Cedar1313
    Participant

I disagree. I am actually a scientist who perform experiment for a living and have been treating this like an experiment. Going over everything I have tried in the last six months the only things that can explain everything is Candida. Cannot explain how I can go from barely being able to work out to biking 4 hours last weekend plus weight training every day for the week in just two week with the only change being diet. I guess everyone’s Candida experience is different. I think I have been battling for at least 3 years but I had many good things going: healthy diet, daily probiotic and the fact that my morning coffee/chocolate used to have a laxative effect on me system which resulted in nothing staying in my system long. Unfortunately my love of chocolate, beer, wine and cocktails provided the occasional sugar intake. Going on the low histamine diet resulted in slowly of my system, allowing things to stay in me longer and candida to thrive. Felt great to start but then miserable. I went on a very hard core regiment of diet and anti-candida supplements and at least killed off most of it. Die off was brutal. Yes, it may take months to totally get rid of it, but with no sugar, good probiotics and the supplements, it will no longer make me feel miserable.

Noturbo
    Participant
    Replies: 22

I agree it sounds like something other than Candida to me. Maybe it was a food intolerance/alergy and thats why the diet helped. Changing the diet like that will not cure Candida in 2 weeks. Probably not atall on its own. Candida is much much more complicated than that. Plus your symptoms dont scream “Candida” to me. Glad the diet fixed your problem though, no matter what it was atleast youve found the solution 🙂

Noturbo
    Participant

Infact it sounds more like a gluten alergy to me. People sensitive to gluten will experience heart palpitations like you describe, along with low blood pressure and extreme fatigue. Obviously the poor digestion too. Im pretty sure you have a gluten alergy as the symptoms are bang on and it would explain why the diet healed your symptoms so quick. Look it up and see if thats maybe more likely. Maybe test yourself by eating some gluten rich foods and seeing if your symptoms flare up. If they do then theres your answer and you know how to prevent any issues frkm here on. Goodluck 🙂

Cedar1313
    Participant

Was tested for gluten intolerance and not an issue. Started adding pasta back in my diet and even the occasional beer or two. In the last four weeks I have felt the best I have in months and they only things I changed was no sugar and limited fruit and daily anti-yeast supplements plus a new probiotic: BlueBiotic Ultimate Care. I even drink alcohol about the same but only with water and fresh lemon. Lifting weight daily and weight daily 4 hours aerobic exercise a weeks.
    My bowel movements are back to normal. As I said I think the fact that my intestines used to flushed themselves out every morning with copious watery stool plus a high fiber diet and daily probiotic kept the candida in check. It wasn’t until I eliminated histamine foods and my bowel movements slowed down, did I start having serious issues but that was only for 4 weeks.
    Turns out the heart palpitations may have more to do with my hiatal hernia/gas pressing on the vagus nerve.

Cedar1313
    Participant

WHo knows but all I know is that after months of trying to figure out what was happening to me, I am finally feeling great. The only thing I changed in my life was eliminated refined sugar, most sweet fruit and added anti-yeast supplements. I still drink the same but mostly vodka with water/fresh lemon and the occasional beer.
    The one thing that I thing kept candida from doing too much damage was that for the last few years every morning after coffee/chocolate I would have copious watery stool, flushing my system out. Nothing stayed in my system more that 18 hours. I normally eat extremely healthy high fiber diet with a daily probiotic which limited the candida to the occasional burst of sugar. However, after I eliminated histamine foods from my diet, my bowel movements slowed down, then I started having serious issues. But that was only for 4 weeks.
    I still think a protein/veggie diet combined with garlic, oil of oregano, caprylic acid, Pau D Arco and grapefruit seed oil and a good quality probiotic will do it. I have switched to the Blue Biotics Ultimate Care.

Noturbo
    Participant

Im really glad you feel better, thats awesome. You say youre adding beer in already? 😮 i dont think ill ever drink again lol. Any lager type drink for me over the years of having Candida has reacted horribly in my stomach. I think youre right about slow digestion making things worse, I have terrible constipation and have to use castor oil to help. Also you say you avoided “most” fruit. What fruit did you keep eating? Id love to know what you managed to keep because im vegan and love fruit. I will have to look into better probiotics too. I live in the uk and used holland and barretts own brand and it did nothing. Might try the milk test on whatever I try next.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida gone in one week’ is closed to new replies.