Candida from antibiotics.. but feeling better now

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida from antibiotics.. but feeling better now

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Guest 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

A few years back I suffered from severe candidasis from being on antibiotics for 8 months. I followed the strict candida diet and it took two years but I finally eradicated it. I now am able to enjoy most foods in small amounts. I still need to stay caffeine, nuts, alcohol, juices, sodas or energy drinks.

Cécile
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

It took two years? I thought I read that one month was usually enough. Did you have a very severe case of candidasis? What where your symptoms?
    How did you finally know that you eradicated it. Did you do tests?

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

The worst symptoms were the constant fatigue and pain(bloating cramps, gas) whenever I ate. This still happens to a smaller degree after any caffeine, alcohol, nuts, and sugar. I also had sinus problems, acne, thrush, and extremely painful periods.

It took me a long time to completely change my diet. Now I now only drink water and have learned to focus mostly on eating veggies, eggs, fish, and organic chicken. I do fine if I have brown rice or brown rice pasta once or twice a week. One or 2 days a month I do a day of just raw vegetables to detox. It was extremely difficult to finally follow the diet strictly ( especially alcohol) but it has made a huge difference and feel well enough to do everything I want to do in life. Everything was a big struggle before.

I take a probiotic, Candida Digest by Plantetary Herbals between meals, Essential Enzymes by Source Natural before meals, Sea Kelp, and Oil of Oregano one week on and one week off.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Candida from antibiotics.. but feeling better now’ is closed to new replies.