Candida for life?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida for life?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rose8marie 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rose8marie
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 11

Hello,
    I have just recently started the candida diet. This is my 4th day on the diet and I just went to a health foods store to buy some foods that I could eat (which cost me a pretty penny!). The first day of my diet, I wasn’t able to go to the store and therefore the first couple days of my diet I really didn’t have much to eat (except yogurt and cucumbers!). The first day that I realized I needed to go on the diet was heartbreaking. I am a huge pasta and BREAD fan! As I read all the foods that I would have to cut out of my diet, I realized it was almost every food that I eat on a daily basis! The first days of the diet, I felt very disheartened and almost like life was over (my family is very big on food!). After I truly devoted myself to this diet, I was all in! I started focusing on the foods I CAN have instead of those I can’t. When I found this website, I was so relieved! FINALLY, I found recipes for the foods that I can have, and pretty good-looking recipes too! This website has been a savior, and also after reading through alot of the forums, I have found alot of good advice too. I have gone all-out on this diet and am feeling pretty optimistic about it, although I have had acouple of problems along the way (but it’s only my fourth day!).
    The first couple days I felt SO DRAINED! It felt like I was being dragged everywhere. I also had some bad caffeine withdrawal, which I’m very sensitive to normally. On top of that was sugar withdrawal, which I usually use to counteract the caffeine withdrawal. Before I was able to go to the store, I almost gave up. I was thinking that it wasn’t worth it changing my whole lifestyle. I live with my boyfriend and his parents and it’s hard to eat in this house without cheese, bread, and pasta on the table. I don’t want to put a burden on them, as they are who I care about, but I feel as though they will have to change to accommodate me! Also, my boyfriend keeps telling me that this is just too much, that I’m having to change too much for this. But I feel like this is something that will really work and will really help me. He also doesn’t like the fact that this is a lifestyle change, and not just a one time thing. It is hard to do, but I know I’m strong enough to do it.
    I have tried to do something similar in the past, as I have had yeast infections for a while. I remember looking up foods to avoid, but I never really wen t through with it. After getting yeast infections once a month, accompanied with a UTI every month, I decided to do something about it (my boyfriend is also getting them now!).
    I will definitely keep up with it and probably post an update once a week, mainly to keep myself on track, but also to provide any helpful hints, advice, or support that I find while on the diet!
    Wish me luck!

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hi, RoseMarie! 🙂 And welcome to the forums!

Your attitude sounds great – like you’re really determined. That’s wonderful 🙂 Hopefully, your boyfriend will get to a point where he can be supportive, too. Did you know that some UTIs are yeast-related and not bacterial? Have you ever asked your practitioner whether they sent a urine sample for a culture to determine the source of the infection? An antibiotic will do nothing to help a fungal (yeast) UTI. In fact, it will only make them worse. You may already know all this, but just in case, I thought I’d mention it. By the way, you mentioned that your boyfriend’s beginning to have symptoms, too. Man, I hope I don’t just create some kind of huge battle between the two of you with this info, but you should know that candida can be passed back and forth between sexual partners. You can be on the diet and doing well, but it’s possible that he can give it back to you if he has it, too, and you’re intimate. A good friend of mine is on the diet right now just because of her husband’s candida symptoms. Their health care practioner wanted to be certain she wasn’t just passing it back to him.

This might turn out to be a really great period of growth in your relationship with your boyfriend. You can really learn a lot about communicating with one another with respect and love, supporting one another in sickness and in health, putting one another first. I don’t know how long you’ve been together, but difficult and stressful times like the one you’ve just started (any big change, even a good one, is stressful) can really move a relationship forward.

Hoping the first stage of the diet goes well for you!!! 🙂

rose8marie
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 11

Hope,
    Thanks for your thoughtful words! You actually raise a good point that I didn’t think of. I didn’t think of this as an opportunity for growth, but I can definitely look to that as a possibility.
    Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Candida for life?’ is closed to new replies.