Candida fatality rate

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida fatality rate

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  CiproSucks 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

CiproSucks
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 22

I have a quick question that I hope can be answered for me. If you have Candida in your system, such as intestines, I see it regularly referred to on here and elsewhere as ‘systemic Candidiasis’. Also, a number of sources say that at least 70 to 75% of people with systemic Candidiasis will die from it. Yet nobody seems really concerned about dying from it. Am I the only person who has read this stuff? How do we know if we have the kind of systemic Candidiasis that most people will die from?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If someone has systemic Candidiasis, then their infestation has become “sepsis” meaning the infestation has moved throughout the body by way of the bloodstream. Normally only those people with an immunocompromised disease such as HIV will contract the full extent of a Candida infestation or systemic Candidiasis.

If a person’s immune system is not compromised to this extent, and he or she is treating their Candida overgrowth with a good Candida diet and supplement protocol, then they have more than likely stopped the infestation from increasing in size and therefore would be less likely to reach the stage of sepsis.

Your post states the percentages of death from systemic Candidiasis, but not the percentage of Candida sufferers who contract systemic Candidiasis. This is an important missing link in your information.

Sean

CiproSucks

Hi Able. I wasn’t providing information, I was asking a question, and I appreciate your answer. I’ve looked everywhere for some statistics on how many people die a year from Candidiasis and can’t find any. But it makes me nervous to read such things and I rarely see it discussed. I do not have HIV/AIDS, but I believe I do have a compromised immune system, so this makes me nervous. I’ve had what appears to be a fungal infection on my skin (bends of arms, chest, neck, etc) since about 2007. Do you know of anyone else who has had this particular issue and saw it go away with diet and supplements? I’m religiously on the diet and take a probiotic every day. When I took two a day for two days, I had a horrible migraine die-off reaction. I tried taking Caprylic Acid (also 2 a day for 2 days) and experienced the same thing. Most recently, I added virgin coconut oil to my food (two tablespoons a day for two days) and couldn’t walk for a couple of days because it set off my tendinitis (caused by Cipro, which also exploded my Candida infestation in July). Could you please tell me your thoughts on my situation?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

CiproSucks;48612 wrote: Hi Able. I wasn’t providing information, I was asking a question, and I appreciate your answer. I’ve looked everywhere for some statistics on how many people die a year from Candidiasis and can’t find any. But it makes me nervous to read such things and I rarely see it discussed. I do not have HIV/AIDS, but I believe I do have a compromised immune system, so this makes me nervous. I’ve had what appears to be a fungal infection on my skin (bends of arms, chest, neck, etc) since about 2007. Do you know of anyone else who has had this particular issue and saw it go away with diet and supplements? I’m religiously on the diet and take a probiotic every day. When I took two a day for two days, I had a horrible migraine die-off reaction. I tried taking Caprylic Acid (also 2 a day for 2 days) and experienced the same thing. Most recently, I added virgin coconut oil to my food (two tablespoons a day for two days) and couldn’t walk for a couple of days because it set off my tendinitis (caused by Cipro, which also exploded my Candida infestation in July). Could you please tell me your thoughts on my situation?

As Able told you, systemic candidiasis is another totally different thing. You don’t have systemic candidiasis. This is a wrong used term and the cause most MDs ignore people.

You have mucosal candidiasis, an overgrowth on mucosal areas such as intestines.

As a matter of fact, people with mucosal candidiasis have an immune system overreactive in a Th2 mode, antibody production. Contrary to mucosal candidiasis where your defense is a Th1 cell-mediated immunity, Th2 plays a bigger role when candida cells get the bloodstream alive.

In a few words, your mucosal overgrowth is indirectly defending you of a possible systemic case.

So, take it easy.!

Jorge.

CiproSucks

Hi Jorge, thank you so much. I wasn’t aware of that. Please forgive my poor wording in the original post. I’m generally the opposite of a hyphochondriac. Never went to the doctor for 20 years. Then I got ‘floxed’ the first of July which wrecked my body and caused the Candida overgrowth, and this last week I’m told I probably have hyperparathyroidism and will have to have a surgery in the neck to remove the offending gland(s). I’m not able to focus on any one of my health problems and get it resolved because now new ones keep coming up.

By the way, Jorge, if you have any feedback on why I suffer such severe die off symptoms from so little, I’d like to hear it. Or is that somewhat normal? Feedback from anyone is welcome.

Citizenx
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 4

I have a question in regards to candidias. I have these floaters in my eyes that look oddly like the candidia albicans do under a microscope. Is this a sign of systemic candidias? I have been sick since DEc 2012, but my current issue with candida or why I am sick was due to exposure to high levels of mycotoxins due to toxic mold growth in my home. Also how does one go about telling if its spread to the blood or organs. I assume just a standard candida blood test would show this?

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

No. Nobody here is dying of candida.

Candida and the disruptions of the gut flora and fauna that comes with it do trigger anxiety and health fears, and I’ve even read the specific fear of cancer as a candida symptom. So maybe that will help those of us who are plagued by fearful health thoughts. It’s a part of the candida syndrome and does not need to be believed.

This is what western medicine recognizes as a candida infestation in the body:

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/candidiasis-yeast-infection

They recognize thrush, vaginal yeast infections and diaper rash. They also recognize a severe form of candidiasis, systemic candida, in which the candida has gotten into the blood stream, often through infected medical equipment used on immune-compromised patients in hospitals.

“This type of infection is more often seen in people who are or have been in the hospital. It is a leading cause of bloodstream infections and death in hospitalized patients.

You are more likely to get this type of infection if you:

Are in the hospital’s intensive care unit (ICU)
    Have had recent surgery
    Have a central line (catheter)
    Have a weakened immune system

They do not recognize CRC — candida-related complex — which is what people here are working to eliminate. As DVJorge wrote, CRC is a different phenomenon with a different immune response.

If people on this site were dying at the rate of 75 percent, a) we’d notice it and b)western medicine would be all over it.

We do, most of us, suffer from anxiety as a result of unchecked and early-stage-treatment CRC and it is helpful to remember that when fearful thinking arises.

LifeReboot
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

I’ve been living with pretty bad myopia for most of my life. I was prescribed glasses even before I learned to read. The floaters aren’t anything to really worry about. Ive been seeing them since I was 7 years old. As you age, fluids inside the eyes thicken, and you will notice more floaters.

Citizenx;48630 wrote: I have a question in regards to candidias. I have these floaters in my eyes that look oddly like the candidia albicans do under a microscope. Is this a sign of systemic candidias? I have been sick since DEc 2012, but my current issue with candida or why I am sick was due to exposure to high levels of mycotoxins due to toxic mold growth in my home. Also how does one go about telling if its spread to the blood or organs. I assume just a standard candida blood test would show this?

CiproSucks

Hi Sue. Are people with regular Candida, such as us, in greater risk of the serious ‘systemic Candida’ when we have a surgery? I’ve had a couple of relatively minor kidney stone surgeries recently and am going to have a more serious neck surgery (for hyperparathyroidism) in the near future. Could this allow the Candida to spread into my blood stream and become systemic?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Candida fatality rate’ is closed to new replies.