Candida & fat malabsorption

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida & fat malabsorption

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jameskep 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jmb
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 18

I have recently had a stool sample come back saying i am not absorbing my fat and it is in high amounts in my stools,could this be a symptom of candida in my small intestine

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Candida often results in malabsorption, including fats. It’s impossible to be confident, however, without knowing whether this is your only symptom?

Len

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

I don’t know about candida, but steatorrhea is a very common symptom of SIBO, i.e, an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. But my guess would be that candida can give you steatorrhea as well.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Dr. Mcoombs mentioned on his blog how long term inflammation of the gut can lead to malabsorption syndromes:

http://candidaplan.com/blog/709/candida-and-gluten-allergies/

He isn’t very thorough but it is out there.

-raster

Jmb
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 18

Angor;30339 wrote: I don’t know about candida, but steatorrhea is a very common symptom of SIBO, i.e, an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. But my guess would be that candida can give you steatorrhea as well.

Funny you say that Angor i was thinking the same thing that it could be SIBO would the candida diet treat both the candida & the sibo ?

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

It might be possible that some of candida yeast overgrowth is crowding out some of the beneficial fat digesting bacteria in the gut. I noticed that hard to digest fats became harder to digest when candida overgrowth is present. Might be possible that some of the harmful metabolites that candida releases interferes with proper liver function/proper digestion.

There are some pathogens(h-pylori etc..) that can secrete acid neutralizers that help their proliferation. These acid neutralizers can affect digestion of fats/food.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Candida & fat malabsorption’ is closed to new replies.