Candida Diets do not seem to have much of a success rate

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Diets do not seem to have much of a success rate

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  TalAd 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Choloe
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

So after a lot of research talkig to alot of naturopaths, doctors, people with Candida and herbalists this diet does not seem to be overly successful for most people. In fact nearly every professional I have talked to said it rarely completely works for people (if at all), and it might help but it might not. Also most professionals said that colon cleanse you are meant to do isn’t exactly great for your health or mental well-being and most of them suggested you DO NOT do it. In fact cutting out a lot of the foods you are meant to can put the immune system under stress… seems a bit illogical to me.

It just seems a lot of the threads on here talking about food, the guilt of cheating, the anxiety over what to eat and what not to it, reminds me of when I had a pretty bad eating disorder. It seems that already with Candida life becomes more narrow then this diet makes it even more narrow and stressful, and stress impacts Candida??

A lot of people have been on this diet for two years without huge amounts of success, if you went on a diet to loose weight and didn’t loose much after two years you would proberly change the change the diet to something else, because it isn’t effective? Right? Maybe a raw food diet or other diets that might be better for your body.

I don’t know I’ve been doing it for four weeks now (managed to loose a bunch of weight I couldn’t afford to and now look really anorexic GREAT which has put my immune system under more stress), and I’ve loosened up on it because being able to eat more of the foods I like brings me joy. I just feel that living your life without such narrow constants and feeling joy is pretty good for your body, so why not loosen the rules? I am still leaving out sugar, yeast, processed foods and wheat and most dairy but there’s no proof I can find that this strict, strict diet works??? I can’t even find stats success and failure.

Also I cannot find ANY concrete reasons as to why you should not do more impactful exercise just people saying you shouldn’t?? Wheres the research as to why? I can’t find fuck all.

What are people thoughts? I know I am new to all of this and don’t know much but I do know there is no concrete proof this diet works… X/

Choloe

P.S sorry if I upset anyone or if I seem out of line I’m just struggling to see much of a success rate or am I really really wrong??

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Choloe;30072 wrote: I just feel that living your life without such narrow constants and feeling joy is pretty good for your body, so why not loosen the rules? I am still leaving out sugar, yeast, processed foods and wheat and most dairy but there’s no proof I can find that this strict, strict diet works??? I can’t even find stats success and failure.

Are you saying that someone on the forum has told you that a diet, strict or otherwise, would cure your infestation? I’m assuming that’s what you’re talking about.

Able

Choloe

oh no way I know it does not cure it (mostly I just have thrush I can’t get rid of among other symptoms) I know you are in for the long haul I JUST cannot find any research that says this diet helps or makes any significant difference and I can’t find any research or stats that says this diet is a good idea? I do believe that anecdotal evidence is really important (which there is a lot on here), but I guess before committing to however long (sometimes years) to a diet it would be nice to see something a bit more concrete. I have just been told it very rarely works for anyone?? Is this incorrect?

Able900
    Spectator

Choloe;30089 wrote: I have just been told it very rarely works for anyone?? Is this incorrect?

Yes, that’s correct. The diet alone can’t do anything but cause some die-off without an entire protocol of supplements, specifically minerals, vitamins, and probiotics in both capsule and kefir forms.

If you want to test a good Candida diet, go completely off of it and see what happens. I think you’ll probably have plenty of proof that it helps.

Which diet are you following?

Able

Choloe

I certainly don’t want to go off it but be able to eat chickpeas (chickpea flour) being able to eat carrots ect. and some other stuff would be awesome! I am following the one off here. I just wanted some advice I guess there isn’t much research about anywhere?? I am on probiotics and will get some anti-fungals as well very soon. I am eating alot of garlic, ginger and coconut (in various forms) as well.

TBH I don’t mind not eating yeast, wheat, refined white sugar, processed foods or dairy ever again (although a whisky might be nice now and then lol) but being able to eat anything else veges included like carrot would be awesome!

Choloe

oh and I am following the diet on this website…

Able900
    Spectator

Choloe;30091 wrote: being able to eat anything else veges included like carrot would be awesome!

Carrots contain high amounts of amylase; amylase is a starch and starch is basically a sugar which of course is the Candida’s favorite food source.

The problem is that if you’re feeding the Candida and at the same time you’re trying to destroy them, you’re slowing down your progress significantly. Consider how long it takes to cure a Candida infestation with the supplements when you’re on the diet. Now consider how long it would take if you slowed the progress down. You can possibly still cure your infestation if you add foods such as carrots, so it’s really a matter of how long you wish the process to take.

Able

Choloe

I am not sure if I have candida I do have thrush that I can’t get rid of for the past 6-8 weeks. I guess I need to be tested for it, Ill certainly stay away from carrot hopefully I can have chickpeas and chickpea flour at some point. I guess its hardto commit to something like this completely and so strictly without much research around it and so many professionals telling me it very rarely works for anyone?

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

The purpose of candida diets is to try to limit Candida’s rate of metabolism and to try to limit hard to digest foods(reduce excessive fermentation). Some candida sufferers have to modify and adjust the diet according to their own unique Gut make up/digestion issues/severity of their candida. Diet alone is usually not enough for people that have severe candida(fungal)issues because of Candida’s ability to adapt and utilize almost all food sources. For most people that have candida diet alone does not work. Some have to do a process of elimination diet eating one food at a time to see what will work best in their particular situation. The key is to slow down Candida’s metabolism and reduce fermentation. Increasing transit time of food and limiting hard to digest foods is important as well.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d like to chime in and say that almost everyone should not expect the diet alone to cure their infestation; it just reduces the toxic load on the body and helps the digestive and immune system recover by giving it a break from processing junk. The goal of the diet should also be to reduce inflammation of the gut whick is likely very inflammed and causing leaky gut for many people.

A secondary goal for people on the diet is to eat healthy (like they have never before); using my old diet as an example (eating tons of starch and grains and barely any veggies) I attest that I am eating way healthier now than ever before. 2 salads a day from 2 a month is a big change for the better. This alone can heal many diseases.

I’d also like to chime in and say that if you are not experiencing much progress after a few months on the websites diet, then you should consider a different approach. We promote a completely different diet on the forum and its helped a lot of people.

Additionally, the x-factor for anyone’s treatment should be the supplements they are taking. Certain supplements can help you reduce candida’s symptoms rather quickly; if there is a deficiency that is being left unaddressed you likely will continue to fester or not get to where you want to be.

I don’t know what pressures you are dealing with but a few of these statements are very individualized:

“In fact cutting out a lot of the foods you are meant to can put the immune system under stress”

This happens to some people while it doesn’t happen to others. You likely should experience changes after a few days on the diet, but I only noticed positive changes. Getting proper nutrition is important and can be difficult to do. If you do not eat enough food you definitely could put your system under stress.

“It just seems a lot of the threads on here talking about food, the guilt of cheating, the anxiety over what to eat.”

I personally do not stress about cheating on the diet and I feel that everyone on the forum knows what to eat if they are following our strict forum diet; no stress whatsoever from my standpoint. Maybe at first…or if you look at a bunch of candida diets.

“A lot of people have been on this diet for two years without huge amounts of success, if you went on a diet to loose weight and didn’t loose much after two years you would proberly change the change the diet to something else, because it isn’t effective? Right? Maybe a raw food diet or other diets that might be better for your body.”

I have no idea what you are talking about and have not seen anyone on this forum be on the diet for 2 years to try to lose weight; if there is someone on here that is doing that, please let me know. A great way to lose weight, if this is your goal, is to get proper nutrition; you won’t need as much food to get the same amount of energy. I would supplement yourself with essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, etc.

I just feel that living your life without such narrow constants and feeling joy is pretty good for your body, so why not loosen the rules?

I feel this way for certain events, like a honeymoon for instance, but you pay the price for living it up from my experience. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted during this time and the candida came back. It just flares up for a few days and then you are back to feeling good again…

It also sounds like you hate this diet. I am not a huge fan, but as you move up in the stages you can eat things that bring you more joy…such as fruit! Such as more starch! Such as rice!

I loosen up a few times a month myself and eat something I really enjoy…I have a feeling others are like this as well.

Also I cannot find ANY concrete reasons as to why you should not do more impactful exercise just people saying you shouldn’t??

Well, what we state on the forum is to give your body a break when you are going through die-off and a little bit afterwards so that your body can use its energy to heal. Then a few months into the diet go and start getting exercise. The adrenals are a very important part of the immune system and if you drain them while you need to them to heal the body, well you aren’t going to heal very well. Light walking is a great exercise to have on the diet; we only frown upon strenous draining exercise.

patsy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hi, I had so many symptoms before I discovered the candida and the strict diet, I was exhausted all the time had insomnia, headaches every week, thrush, dizzy spells, extreme negative thought patterns and depression. I have been on the strict candida diet for 6 months. After the initial die off, which was extreme, I started feeling better I went through many symptoms but after a month or so my depression lifted my thrush cleared up I stopped having headaches. Slowly my sleep patterns changed and I was no longer waking up with negative thoughts. The change in me is amazing now I have energy and I feel 20 years younger this is what makes me stay on the diet. My life has been transformed I still have candida and it flares up if I stray from the diet but the way I feel is my motivation. This diet has really worked for me and I intend on sticking to it. Also I have learn’t so much about myself its been an amazing journey.

Choloe

awesome thanks for all your help, its just you read so many versions of the diet and what you can and cannot eat and it gets confusing as hell! Then you have docs saying the diet hardly ever works so don’t bother… just take these pills and come back after 3 months if it doesn’t work. Also I have not been taking as many anti-fungals as I should of which is probs why my die-off has not been as effective! I have had problems with vision since being on the diet (know idea if that is meant to happen), but I’ll invest in more anti-fungals and try harder to commit to the strict diet again.

survivor619
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 10

I don’t think that anyone on this site feels that the candida diet alone is going to beat it, but rather they are referring to the fact that this entire treatment plan is a failure. it’s both expensive and ineffective. basically, you cut out every thing (and I mean everything) that you ever loved only to get sicker with each day that goes by. I think about the year 2012 and how I have tried to beat candida twice since april, and i have felt progressively worse each time. the first time i didnt know about molybdenum and candidate and wasnt as educated about the die off. but the second time i followed every instruction on here to the letter and i still felt worse. it caused me to miss a day of work which is upsetting to me. I know you recommend doing this protocol when you dont have to work but that is a contradiction because you have to work and make enough money to pay for these supplements and the expensive foods. honestly, this whole thing seems too unrealistic. I too have been scared looking in the mirror to see that I now look like a bag of bones. people are thinkig I am crazy to lose any more weight. also, what is the difference between the yeasts and the fungus? i thought the yeast was a fungus or is the fungus an advanced stage of the yeast? besides if all of these foods contribute to candida (and many people have taken a lot of antibiotics in their life time) then why doesn’t everyone have candida? plus their apparently are other treatmennts that destory the chitin in the cell wall of the candida and don’t really on this insane diet to beat the illness. its just so frustrating. who in their right mind is able to stay on this diet for like a year or more if thats what it takes sometimes? you would die of starvation in that amounnt of time because thats how limiting this is. when you start nit picking every little thing…….there is no way that all of the foods on here contribute to candida or everyone would have it. soya sauce? carrots? all fruit? like seriously that is messed up. fruit has natural sugars and dont our bodies need natural sugars?

survivor619
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 10

I also forget to mention something that bothers me: i have read on here that after the strict diet for god knows how long and you finally start to feel better, then cheat once and the damn candida comes back? so basically you can never enjoy eating food you like again? lets assume that I somehow beat this illness and i eat a slice of bread one day because i am really hungry and thats all that is available…..my full blown illnness comes back. that is not a cure! and it doesnt make sense. if candida is beaten and somebody has one wrong food and it comes back, then it isnt really cured is it? if all it took was one cheat to bring it back then this isnt a very good treatment plan. i am surrounded by people who eat sweets and breads every day and they are healthy while i sacrifce everythingn i love and spend thousands of dollars and. they still donnt get better. if this illness was beaten truely it shouldnt be able to just come back with one wrong food choice. in william crook’s book the yeast connection he says that you can have fruits in moderation and whole grains in moderation. but on this website, it seems that you believe everybody needs to starve to get better. its way too unrealistic to expect someone to live this way, can’t go out for a bite to eat with friennds, cant have a sociable drink, can’t even have some fresh fruit which i was raised to believe are good for you. if that is how we are supposed to live, then we would all be better off dead. this is very sad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Candida Diets do not seem to have much of a success rate’ is closed to new replies.