Candida diet not helping vaginal yeast infection… Help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida diet not helping vaginal yeast infection… Help!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tonja 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

cmpilcher
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello fellow candida fighters,

I decided to try the candida diet to help with digestive issues, chronic vaginal yeast infections, constant sugar cravings, and an inability to lose weight no matter what I tried. I’m happy to say that after just 2 months on the diet I am feeling much better! My digestive issues are completely gone, I have zero cravings for sweets, and I’ve lost 10 lbs. However, my vaginal yeast infection symptoms have not subsided at all and I’m getting extremely frustrated. Any suggestions? I have a box of diflucan that was given to me by my doctor quite some time ago and I’m tempted to take one, but I’m not sure if that might compromise my treatment or not. I’m on stage 4 of the diet and am taking a daily probiotic as well as 3 antifungals (candida support, caprilyic acid, and oil of oregano) and nac-acetyl cysteine.

Thanks so much!

Tonja
    Replies: 5

i am having the exact same issue. I do not know how to make it go away.
    It is better but still there. Anyone have any ideas or experience with knocking this out?

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

Are you taking supplements like vitamin C and antioxidants? That could help a bit.

Also I recently started doing probiotics 3 times a day which helps a lot more! maybe you could try that as well if you aren’t already.

NL
    Participant
    Replies: 6

I have taken diflucan before and it helped, but I’m not sure how it would affect your other candida treatments. I have recurrent yeast infections and am currently doing a candida detox from my doctor, but since I was still having yeast infection symptoms I have been using some terconazole cream externally and that is helping. Maybe just add a cream to help? I’m pretty sure you can also buy the cream at a pharmacy – Monostat makes it as well.

Also, this may sounds strange but I have heard that you can treat vaginal yeast infections locally by applying plain yogurt with active cultures and add probiotic powder to it – this is supposedly safe within the vagina and externally, might be worth asking the doctor about.

Tonja

i have been doing the creme and the diflucan for months. It will keep the symptoms at bay but if i stop, it will come right back so the candida is not being cured.
    I take anti oxidants called Protandium. I do take vitamin C and pro biotics. I eat zero sugar, wheat or diary. Since June.
    I heard Candisol is good. I also heard H2O2 is helpful for hard cases.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks so much for feedback

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Boric Acid douches.! One liter of distilled water plus a teaspoon of Boric Acid or Boric Acid ovules.

NL
    Participant

Whole Foods sells Yeastaway – it’s boric acid suppositories for female yeast infections. I have tried it before and found it to be very gentle yet very effective.

Tonja

okay, i am gonna try the boric acid. I think i read a post where capsules are filled with the powder and inserted. Nothing else is working and I am getting very tired again. Fatigue. The VYI seems to be a symptom but maybe the boric acid will find the origin.
    Thanks so much

Jillc62
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I also have been having the same problem for quite sometime after being post menopausal for 2 years. Several years ago I was treated for Candida with a statin product, but not safe for long term. I came across this product on a website for Fibromyalgia/CFS users and ordered Phytostan. What a tremendous improvement, and for a while it also was helping my frequent urinary morning trips to the bathroom, however, now it appears it may be making things worse with my bladder because I’m getting up far more in the middle of night, which I never use to do. So, after reading a few postings, looks like Phytostan might not be a product to use for long term, so I will be taking a break and reading about other options.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend focusing on kidney health because my ND feels that if you have yeast in genitals, it means you have yeast in kidneys.

-raster

cmpilcher

Thanks! Any suggestions for boosting kidney health?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

cmpilcher;60994 wrote: Thanks! Any suggestions for boosting kidney health?

Your going to have to research this or consult a professional but water cleans it out, certain supplements help cleanse it and detox it. Its an organ that is difficult to heal.

-raster

NL
    Participant

cmpilcher and Tonja – I found another solution I wanted to share with you. I’m halfway through a 2 week candida detox and just got a bad yeast infection. Whole Foods was out of the boric acid suppositories, so I got Tea Tree Therapy suppositories instead. I tried it and felt immediately better – instantaneously! I sound like an ad for them, but this is the first time I tried them. I highly recommend them, they are also very clean relative to the other types requiring panty liners etc because they get messy… anyway, the Tea Tree Therapy relieved the internal and external discomfort with just the suppository alone, I’m not sure how but it did. It’s a 6 day treatment so I’ll keep using them even though I already feel better. Anyway, the boric acid suppositories also work, so either thing is good!

cmpilcher

Thanks NL! I’ve already tried the boric acid ones (I did it for 10 days) and it helped but the yeast infection came back within a few days after stopping the treatment, so I will definitely give the tea tree ones a try 🙂 I just want something that’s gonna get rid of it and keep it away! Seems impossible!! And I think my doctor is getting tired of me coming back in for the same reason over and over.

Tonja

i am not having any luck finding the boric acid. I am in a tiny town. I love the idea of tea tree oil suppositories. I wonder if i can order them on line. I found a homeopathic suppository called Yeastaway. I am trying it now because the health food store did not have anything else and i figured it was worth a try. The constant VYI is almost impossible to get rid of, i guess. It is HORRIBLE.
    Muscle testing shows the yeast is located in my gut not vaginal area. However, the vaginal area is where the symptoms are. I dont get it.
    I am taking 12 different Standard process supplements.
    Very upset.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Candida diet not helping vaginal yeast infection… Help!’ is closed to new replies.