Candida diet for 5 months – how long before my skin gets better?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida diet for 5 months – how long before my skin gets better?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PeteSake 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Paola b
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Hello everybody, I am writing you because I have a couple of questions about candida and acne:

I took me 2 years to understand to have candida and during this period I would have a weird pimple between my eyes, forehead and eyebrows. I started the cure my candida 5 months avoiding everything I am allergic to as well. After the first 2 weeks, my skin cleared up and then went back again to breaking out and it has never stopped since. It’s like a cycle, it gets a little bit better and then worse than before….A month ago my candida moved from my gut and toungue to my face and private part….it left and my face got much better but a week ago I increased my probiotics intake and since then I am having painful pimples all over my face (nose, chin, forehead, between eyes) and back….I have also lost my appetite since then and I am losing weight again…Is this normal or not? I am getting paranoid because I am reading everywhere that people actually cured their acne pretty fast following a candida diet and it is not really happening to me, totally the opposite. Just to clarify the entity of my skin reaction, they are small very painful pimples under skin that swollow for days or weeks until they come to surface, they are not whitheads or anything, they just stay there hurting like hell.

Anyone knows what is happening?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

This is a good read:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3038963/

Poor gut health, leading to leaky gut, can cause acne. That’s pretty clear. If increasing your probiotics dosage caused a flareup, maybe you’re going too fast? You could dial back the probiotics for a while. Or maybe you need some more liver support to clear up those toxins, like milk thistle and/or molybdenum.

Paola b
    Participant
    Replies: 7

I have finished with the milk thistle weeks ago and I didn’t have any reaction stopping it. Yeah, I think probably I am detoxing too fast and not eating enough so my liver is under pressure. I don’t think I have leaky gut, generally speaking my guts work good, regular like a clock and no pain….I do have a lot of allergies tho but I am avoiding all the food I cannot eat.It’s a bit weird the stage I am now, physically speaking I feel good but in the outside I look Ill. Does it make sense?

PeteSake
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 36

My Candida affects my skin also, but I find it’s to do with what I’m eating, namely anything that causes leaky gut. This would be my first suspicion.

When I increased my probiotic (~7 fold) it seemed to just cause bloating and gas. (probably this was die-off)

But from my knowledge of acne, acne is from immune response, after all the makeup of the pus is dead white blood cells, so perhaps it could be your body trying to rid itself of the dead candida that the blood cells ate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Candida diet for 5 months – how long before my skin gets better?’ is closed to new replies.