Candida diet causes allergies?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida diet causes allergies?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ez
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi!
    Has anyone found that they have actually developed food allergies on the candida diet that they previously didn’t have?
    After being on the diet for about ten months I have become very agitated with trying to keep up with this all the time and have began to introduce, in very small amounts, foods I haven’t eaten in a long while. These include things like cornchips, brown rice, and small amounts of wheat.

Unfortunately, my reactions to these foods are worse than they have ever been. Before I started, I had an embarrassingly chronic vaginitis and was tired, depressed, and mentally spotty much of the time. Although these symptoms have calmed down, my face now becomes hot and swollen when I eat small amounts of things that are not on the diet. My throat becomes sore, my nasal passage becomes congested, sneezing ensues and I feel like I’m coming down with a cold. This has been a repeated symptom of my lightly cheating the diet.

I am in my tenth month of the candida diet. I started with a 7 day fast and have been following the reccommendations of Paul Pitchford, author of Healing with Whole foods, ever since last April. They are pretty similar to the reccommendations on this website but take a more indepth look at the perspectives of chinese medicine.

Anyhow, and advice for what to do to get myself out of the deeper hole I’ve dug myself into would be awesome. Thanks.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

It’s possible you’ve contracted leaky gut syndrome along with the Candida infestation, which isn’t at all unusual with an overgrowth.
    Information:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst998_Dieoff-IBS-LGS-and-Candida-Connection.aspx

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Yes I have noticed the same. It is only getting worse and I have come to realize that diet alone will never ever fix me. This is because my mind is not coöperating. I have started to hate everything i eat, because I’m so tired of it, which makes everything I eat not good for me. And I now have a reaction to almost anything.

There are some theories out there that allergies start in the mind, and can be untaught through the mind. It sounds ridiculous, but actually it is already partly true for me, as psychological problems the root cause of my candida, and without the proper mindset, without making a change in my whole being (which the candida is forcing) i will not heal it seems.

DMT
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 17

Chris24 wrote: Yes I have noticed the same. It is only getting worse and I have come to realize that diet alone will never ever fix me. This is because my mind is not coöperating. I have started to hate everything i eat, because I’m so tired of it, which makes everything I eat not good for me. And I now have a reaction to almost anything.

There are some theories out there that allergies start in the mind, and can be untaught through the mind. It sounds ridiculous, but actually it is already partly true for me, as psychological problems the root cause of my candida, and without the proper mindset, without making a change in my whole being (which the candida is forcing) i will not heal it seems.

Have you tried hypnosis ?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

No?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

EZ, I am wondering if you have tried to heal leaky gut? That should be the cause of almost all allergies related to candida.

I also experienced a huge increase in allergy symptoms on the diet. Before the diet I ate wheat pasta and tomato sauce regularly, regular high sugar yogurt, milk, fruits, etc. I wasn’t allergic to most of those except the wheat pasta. After starting the diet, I was allergic to all of those and its because of leaky gut.

During the diet I was horribly allergic to (fresh) almond butter for instance as well as green apples. As my leaky gut healed over time, I am not allergic to either of these food items.

Instead of being violently allergic to wheat, I can tolerate it in small amounts, and same with corn. I just cheat during holidays and birthdays.

However, my allergies have not gone away completely, and I have a feeling this will take time.

What kinds of supplements are you taking to heal leaky gut? What is your diet like?

If you continue to feed the candida, your leaky gut will never heal.

-raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

raster wrote: EZ, I am wondering if you have tried to heal leaky gut? That should be the cause of almost all allergies related to candida.

I also experienced a huge increase in allergy symptoms on the diet. Before the diet I ate wheat pasta and tomato sauce regularly, regular high sugar yogurt, milk, fruits, etc. I wasn’t allergic to most of those except the wheat pasta. After starting the diet, I was allergic to all of those and its because of leaky gut.

During the diet I was horribly allergic to (fresh) almond butter for instance as well as green apples. As my leaky gut healed over time, I am not allergic to either of these food items.

Instead of being violently allergic to wheat, I can tolerate it in small amounts, and same with corn. I just cheat during holidays and birthdays.

However, my allergies have not gone away completely, and I have a feeling this will take time.

What kinds of supplements are you taking to heal leaky gut? What is your diet like?

If you continue to feed the candida, your leaky gut will never heal.

-raster

Raster, how where you able to read your sympthoms? Not being able to do that I caved in and broke down after 2 and a half month. It never got better with me but worse. Reading the post in the forum I got the feeling that people have die-off and it goes away but doesn’t turn worse and worse. I had a handful symptoms which turned around and around. New ones came as a addition to it. Like Panic-attacks which I never had. In the entire time of diet I never could figure out if I was feeding the fungus, if the fungus was dying and I felt terrible, or if I simply was allergic or sensitive to eggs, some vegetables, or other stuff. Then I wondered if not a lot of toxins too where released from my old fat. I lost over 30 kg of old fat which fore sure was loaded with toxins. Or was my body healing and releasing toxins from the liver, kidney? What broke me was that I felt whatever I do I am not getting better but worse. I heard to that one de-sensitises and through that one turns to be MORE sensitive to foods. I don’t know what happened but this sickness beat the crap out of me.

Before I dare to go into battle I have to learn to read sympthoms.

cheers
    Thomas

ez
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Wow, thank you Able900 and Raster for the info on Leaky Gut! I didn’t think I had that, as I do not have any of the other symptoms except continuous gas sometimes.
    I take a capsule of Ultimate Flora (50 billion cultures per capsule) daily, but I’m going to have to research what else I need to do for leaky gut. Although I have to say I have been following the recommendations that Able900 linked almost to the T, save the fact that I tried to reintroduce small amounts of things like corn recently.
    Ugh.
    Hard to have patience sometimes.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you have allergies, you have leaky gut. Probiotics, bitters, inulin, FOS related foods, glutamine are examples of supplements you can take to cure leaky gut.

How am I able to read the symptoms thomas? Well I don’t get an allergic reaction to all foods on allowed foods list, but if/when I cheat, I do get a reaction. There was a time when I wasn’t allergic to anything, and then I became allergic to many foods. You just gotta be in tune with your body and if you feel any difference after eating something you haven’t had in awhile, then that should be avoided.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Candida diet causes allergies?’ is closed to new replies.