Candida diet blog/post from month 2 to 3 years!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida diet blog/post from month 2 to 3 years!

This topic contains 86 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  temali 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Great post Raster. I have had actually a pretty good couple weeks. I have mainly been focusing on cortisol levels. I have been off zoloft for sometime, and Bernie knows I get high anxiety levels, especially when my digestion acts up. I have started to take cholacol and taking a daily fish supplement, and I think that makes a difference. I am still far off, but I know I have some things that are not on the diet. I’d rather have quinoa than buckwheat (like buckwheat, doesn’t really life me) and millet, plus I probably have a little more rice than other people, but I do not eat huge portions of it. I think part of that reason is due to my gastroparesis. I notice I puree and make more veggie soups, just due to my stomach. I just wish I could tolerate some cauliflower/broccoli, afraid of gas.

If I have extreme cheats, it is like gluten-free store bought products, am tolerating more dairy than I used to, but it is in goat yogurt/cheese form. Then, maybe about a couple times a week, I can do a small hand-off of strawberries/blueberries in the morning with breakfast, as long as I don’t have protein with it, just on top of my cereal. My major cheat, is probably drinking alcohol once a month. I just can’t ever seem to let this go! I know if I went for quite sometime without, I could heal faster. It is hard for me because all my friends like to drink, and if I get together with them, I want a drink.

I still get constipated as well. Actually, I can go, but it doesn’t want to come out. It seems like a stuck, plugged up hole. However, I don’t want to overdo taking supplements because then I can run into major gas, and the feeling of that I want to keep on running to the bathroom. Maybe I have some hemorrhoids.

Yes, I have taken pleo ex and pleo fort. They are both pretty strong, but I have not been taking anti-fungals or probiotics again lately, Bernie knows, just some pleos and focus on cortisol levels, enzymes, diet, and immunity.

I have been doing good just on digestive enzymes, starting taking cholacol, which seems to help a lot (I can tolerate taking fish oil supplement again, I must have had problems digesting fat-soluble vitamins, fatty foods) I have cut back on talking with Bernie, due to finances, maybe every 2-3 months. I know it slows my progress, but actually, that is better because by the time I get my package, and then start changes, it is time to talk to him again. I hate to change things quickly, but I am learning to not race the fight like I used to before.

I drink teas, might treat with acid-free coffee sometime (like once a week)(actually just trying to drink more water instead). I agree, all teas are anti-fungal; I have gotten die-off from some pretty potent teas.

I did get some extra money, and just ordered the methylation test for myself. I am excited about that because I have talked with Bernie about this, and I know I have felt great on some vitamin b supplements, but others, increased anxiety! This is a long road, and I am just trying to tell myself to keep on plugging along. I do get frustrated because I do think my partner gets sick of my diet and supplements at times; I have been fighting for awhile, but I still believe I am in a better place than I used to be.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So I haven’t updated anything about me on this thread for about 6 months so thought I would do it…this might be my final “blog post” on here.

About 2 months ago I did the s.boulardii protocol with floraster and this greatly knocked down the candida numbers to the point where I don’t have any setbacks when I cheat now other than constipation. I think it eradicated about 95% of the remaining yeast which was like 95% reduced compared to when I started out, so I think I have low levels of yeast left in my body (1-5% or so when compared to maximum).

I don’t really have any symptoms remaining, just symptoms related to other health problems that may or may not be related to yeast. For instance, I still have insomnia, thyroid issues, anxiety when I smoke too much pot, and minor liver issues…but all in all these are pretty minor compared to when I started out.

I still take a ton of supplements and I don’t know how long I will be taking them, but I have managed to reduce some of the more expensive ones by half. I can also go for long periods of time without yeast setbacks if I stop taking them (sometimes I take a few days break or week, etc.) Basically they are for sleep, general nutrition, and digestion.

I still do the diet pretty strict for 6/7th of the time typically (or 6 days out of 7 days per week) just because I enjoy it and I don’t want to go off of it because it works. But I do eat wheat or sugar, etc. and not notice any ill effects.

I plan on doing a 2nd round of floraster or another boulardii product in a month or two and then continuing what I am currently doing.

I also started my FSA (flexible spending account) and so I am saving big time $ on the supplements, so its almost like I get them for free via the tax savings.

I do plan on trying out chelation sometime but I need to reconstitute first. Also I plan on taking the spanish blood test with my ND this year after I get some inheritance money. This should reveal deeper things about my health.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Great to hear Raster! I think doing Florastor again is a good idea, it definitely seems to help.

It’s wonderful you are able to have a “cheat day” and not notice any ill effects. That is my goal too– to eventually be able to have a cheat day where I can mainly eat normally and have a couple cocktails…the rest of the time, I’d stick to the strict diet…sort of the way dieters do.

I know you said this may be your last official post, but do keep us updated on how you are doing.

Maiscout
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Glad to hear you’re doing so well Raster. Its a massive motivation for people just starting out like me ๐Ÿ™‚

(If you don’t mind) I just wanted to ask who you ND is since I’m going to be moving to Portland early next year.

Also, did you wife have to do the diet/treatment alongside you? Some people have told me I can pass this to my boyfriend, and others say its impossible as long as he’s healthy!

I am going to start taking the SF722 next week. I know its hard for candida to be resistant to this, but does it need to be rotated at all? Am planning to do take this and oil of oregano.

Sorry for asking loads of questions on your thread!

raster
    Participant

Maiscout;59368 wrote: Glad to hear you’re doing so well Raster. Its a massive motivation for people just starting out like me ๐Ÿ™‚

(If you don’t mind) I just wanted to ask who you ND is since I’m going to be moving to Portland early next year.

Also, did you wife have to do the diet/treatment alongside you? Some people have told me I can pass this to my boyfriend, and others say its impossible as long as he’s healthy!

I am going to start taking the SF722 next week. I know its hard for candida to be resistant to this, but does it need to be rotated at all? Am planning to do take this and oil of oregano.

Sorry for asking loads of questions on your thread!

Hello Maiscout,

SF722 does not need to be rotated and it can be safely taken long term. Start out with one capsule per day and slowly increase to 3 per day and then work you way up to larger doses slowly over time (such as 15 capsules per day, split across 3 meals).

Send a message to anna and she can forward it to me and I can pass along the information. He costs like $180/hr and can treat people remotely too.

I do think me and my wife can pass it on to eachother possibly, and I likely gave her different strains she didn’t have earlier. I am doing a lot better than her and its because I take way more supplements and diet is more strict. She is hardly doing the diet and still is doing just fine eating pretty healthy. She drinks beer way more than I do, I haven’t had it for like 4 years. I think if we still do pass it to eachother it doesn’t really do anything since we already have it at this point.

My wife also had a horrible toxic mold problem at one and this likely was the main thing that caused it to bloom initially. The walls in her apartment were caked black with mold and it was completely disgusting.

-raster

Maiscout
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Thanks Raster!

Will send Anna a message now. Hopefully by the time I move, I can try at least one voodoo donut! ๐Ÿ˜‰

raster
    Participant

I thought I’d give a final update for those of you wondering where I am and what my status is.

I kind of stopped lurking here because I got bored of trying to help others and it was a big time sucker for me. Much of the information you seek is already here and has been talked about over and over. Also I don’t think I am the definite best person to ask for advice because I am not a healthcare practitioner, etc. And the forum kind of died more or less, there used to be like 50 new posts per day here and now maybe 1 post.

I am into year 6 of fighting yeast I believe and I still don’t really have symptoms. I haven’t had any major yeast symptoms for about 4 years. I have quit my sleeping medication, tobacco, alcohol, and smoking weed. I only vape weed as it produces less histamine vs. past. I quit all dairy except for coffee. I expanded my diet some and eat a lot of beans now. I even get a bit more exercise than the past.

My plan going forward: Basically I have become really strong and my immune system is strong and yeast isn’t my top concern. Its my digestion and bloating and kidneys/liver, etc. that is top concern. So imo, if you can get your system cleaned out enough and your digestion improved enough, the yeast will have a hard time surviving. In a few months I plan on starting a mega expensive chelation protocol now that all my amalgams are removed and I should get as close to a cure as I ever hoped (these are my expectations atleast). I plan on doing s.boulardii a few times per year and hope the yeast goes away for good. I have a few other ideas of things I want to try out if the chelating does not work but I am confident it will be final draw for me.

I suffered a brain injury about a year ago where a hammer hit my head and it really set me back some, and a lot of my problems after that were caused by my medication I was on for like 15 years. So once I stopped it, things got a ton better for me.

I gained a lot of weight doing this diet and weigh like 175 pounds now or something crazy. I was once at 137 pounds. I have a little tummy but should improve once I do s.boulardii protocol.

I lost a lot of hair after my head injury and am almost completely bald.

I seek new foods I haven’t tried before and like to try out stuff to see what its like. For instance I tried kimchi recently and was blown away by it (only fermented food my naturopath recommends). I might even try being vegetarian for a month to clean out my system.

I hope you guys find the help you need but professional help is what I think is best. Get the adrenals, thyroid, liver, intestines, kidneys, etc. healed together and you should have a big turnaround fast.

-raster

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Just wanted to say how happy I am to have found this. It was great to hear your story, and encouraging to know that normalcy (or something like it) is possible with perseverance and time. As someone who has recovered from anorexia, having to do a diet can be triggering and it’s nice to know that much of this is indeed temporary.

Wishing you much health and happiness!

jaybird7
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I keep seeing references to the โ€œforum dietโ€ is that different from the one you purchase with the book? (The ultimate Candida guide)

raster
    Participant

Well I have one more final update I guess; I think during my last post I was anticipating what was to happen next.

I finally started chelation about 9 weeks ago with EDTA. I am taking a bunch of stuff made by a company called quicksilver scientifics. They appear to be cutting edge because they make nano scale supplements that work at nano scale and they are liposomal. Liposomal basically means it is more bio-available and easier to consume inside the body.

This has been a mind blowing experience for me because I still was having complications from my TBI from about 2 years ago where the hammer hit my head. Well, the constant dull head pain I had daily went way completely after day 3 of the chelation. Day 2 it was 50/50. Then after about 4 weeks I felt the yeast ‘leave my body’ and it basically was reduced to not being a problem or causing any symptoms. I mean after year 3 I had no symptoms really in general but I could feel the oral thrush in my mouth and could feel the yeast thrive after cheating or not sleeping well.

There’s a ton of things that improved for me that I never expected. I no longer have any brain fog and no longer feel zombie like or lobotomized. I now have controlled emotions and very little depression. My libido skyrocketed and my package became larger downstairs if you know what I mean. I feel like I have 40 more IQ points to use and nothing really stresses me out. So in other words, it kind of cured all of my health problems all in one. My heart symptoms also went away (fluttering type feelings and clenching, etc).

About the protocol:
    This needs to be tailored to each person and you need to consult a professional before doing this, but chelation with EDTA is relatively safe and has been discussed here before. Basically the way it works is you pull out the metals with the binding agent, it needs to then be detoxed. Then you need to fill your cells with good stuff so that it stays out. All of the above are done together. Then afterwards (haven’t gotten here yet) you re-mineralize and take maybe different chelation and detox agents (I think my ND going to put me on chlorella). I’m not certain what he’ll do at the end.

The products:
    EDTA
    liposomal gluthatione
    bitters no.9 (liposomal)
    DIM (nano emulsified)
    mycellized pure PC (phosphatidylcholine)

detox agents:
    clear way co-factors
    GI Detox (clay and charcoal)
    some urinary tract formula (forgot name, but improves kidney function)

It costs like $40-60+ per bottle of this stuff and so it’ll cost a few hundred bucks and once you finish it all then you are done. Lasts 10-12 weeks or so.

2 users thanked author for this post.

son_of_sun
    Participant
    Replies: 3

Thanks for the updates! I’m curious at which point did you reintroduce vaping weed? That is one thing I’m having a tough time giving up since alcohol is pretty much off limits forever. I understand that it compromises the adrenals and exacerbates oral thrush. Ganja was pretty much keeping me sane up to this point.

Also, do you have any information whether the use of chlorella offers a truly beneficial means of removing mercury? Chelation is pretty intense, I’m glad it is helping you feel better. I’ve seen mixed ideas regarding chlorella on the forum the past few years so not sure if you have any updated facts on its use. Cheers.

temali
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Raster, you have been the most helpful poster on this topic. I have started Biopure Gamma Rizol Oil and found it finally is giving me energy I haven’t felt in years, although it look me a while to get to a point where I could take it. Could you recommend what supplements I should take with it to maximize it’s effectiveness? Is it appropriate to take the liposomal EDTA now, or do I wait? There is also a huge difference when my diet primarily consists of non starchy vegetables, so I will continue that.

Thank you, all help is appreciated.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Candida diet blog/post from month 2 to 3 years!’ is closed to new replies.