Candida diet blog/post from month 2 to 3 years!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida diet blog/post from month 2 to 3 years!

This topic contains 86 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  temali 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Raster,

I’m so glad I saw your updates. I know exactly what you’re talking about with that ‘invincible’ feeling. Somehow, when we’re feeling good it’s easy to forget those awful days. I’m so glad to hear you have a new action plan that you’re enthusiastic about. I’ll be thinking about you on 12/12/12! You have lots of people rooting for you to be victorious. Best wishes!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just wanted to update that I am feeling really great and am still reaching new heights in reaching my goals.

I went really strict the last 2 months and reduced consumption of eggs, potatoes, fruit, and apples and this really catipulted me to the next level.

On the weekends I eat rutabega which I ended up falling in love with. It sorta tastes better than potatoes and has a better flavor. I also suspect that it removes a lot of crud from the digestive system, and I get really foul smelling bm’s that smell like death afterwards (lol).

Another noticeable change is that my scalp seems quite full of hair which makes me happy.

I recently weighed myself at the doctor’s office and I’ve gained 30 pounds since starting this diet! I couldn’t believe it, I’ve never been able to gain weight my whole life. I’ve been this tall skinny/scrawny kid that weighs 135-145 (I am 6ft tall). I have tons of energy, am generally happy, and feel really good.

I started my alkalization therapy and need to measure my pH twice daily. I am taking pleo alkala antacid powder which is basically fancy baking soda, and I am taking a homeopathic called pleo citro (aka citric acid) daily. My pH is much more neutral when compared to when I first started, I went from 6.2 to 6.8 in the scale just by the diet/supplements alone. I plan to get it to about the 7.2 range or so (neutral) rather quickly here.

I am still smoking and hope to quit by the time its my 30th bday in April.

I cheated on super bowl and ate some corn chips, sugar cookie coated in frosting, and some coconut water (approx. 20g of sugar in each can) and didn’t react to any of it. I just felt sorta odd from the sugar rush like I was on a drug. I am going to continue to avoid white sugar as much as possible in the future. I also ate some chocalate around xmas and no reaction just like everything!

Still rotating between hmf neuro and megaflora every few months. I feel these two probiotic brands are great ones to choose for a recovery plan.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I recently went on a trip to the dry desert of California and into the sierra mountains and I felt great the whole time. I really went off the diet in a major way and didn’t eat anything close to a candida diet. The last time I did this was last year when I got married.

I ate a bunch of complete filth food that I shouldn’t even talk about but it was great because I had basically no reactions. I was very careful to not consume very much pure white sugar though because this is the main thing I react to now only.

I had some of the following foods:
    -Hamburger (wheat bun and all condiments)
    -Potatoes
    -1/4 of a vanilla milkshake (it was good but the sugar made me feel cracked out and so I didn’t want any more)
    -BBQ ribs (had a slight reaction to this actually)
    -Corn in various forms
    -Pizza once (it was an awesome experience, I used to eat it everyday and its my favorite food…been over a year since I had pizza)
    -Crappy spaghetti
    -Wheat rolls and breads
    -Fruit (a wide variety)
    -Probably had three salads the whole trip
    -Tacos (with cheese)
    -Oats
    I can list a bunch of other junk…

Mild constipation as well! Certain things constipated me more than others. It was ridiculous to go off the diet so bad, but we were in very remote places so you worked with what was there.

So I feel that I am “cured” in the fact that the candida didn’t come raging back and that I don’t feel like crap after the trip. I have not experienced any negative changes in how I feel day to day from this cheat event.

However, I got back and felt bad within 30 minutes of being here in my house. The weather in portland is pretty bad today (rain vs. sun in LA), but we really need the rain bad because its been drought like conditions. We turned on the heat and I think this kicked up a bunch of mold and dust from the basement which definitely has a documented mold and moisture problem.

I think this house really contributes to me feeling bad because of the mold that is in here and this is very concerning. The mold in my last apartment definitely helped get contribute to my candida overgrowth. Luckily this is our last year here because the house is going to be put on the market (my great aunt owns it and needs the money…we get cheap rent). I think living in Oregon and the downfalls of having lots of moisture is something I should look into further in a serious matter for my long term health. I don’t think all of you understand whats its like to live here…it rains a large percentage of the time throughout the year when compared to other places.

I took all my supplements throughout the trip except homeopathics; I somehow lost my probiotics half way through the trip which really sucked. I did have a little bit of greek yogurt everyday but I don’t think this is the same as taking a high strength probiotic.

I look forward to being back on the forum but I might spend less time on here than in the past. I just feel really great (or I did) and I want to use my time for some other endeavors.

-raster

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

raster;43297 wrote: Hello everyone,

I recently went on a trip to the dry desert of California and into the sierra mountains and I felt great the whole time. I really went off the diet in a major way and didn’t eat anything close to a candida diet. The last time I did this was last year when I got married.

I ate a bunch of complete filth food that I shouldn’t even talk about but it was great because I had basically no reactions. I was very careful to not consume very much pure white sugar though because this is the main thing I react to now only.

I had some of the following foods:
    -Hamburger (wheat bun and all condiments)
    -Potatoes
    -1/4 of a vanilla milkshake (it was good but the sugar made me feel cracked out and so I didn’t want any more)
    -BBQ ribs (had a slight reaction to this actually)
    -Corn in various forms
    -Pizza once (it was an awesome experience, I used to eat it everyday and its my favorite food…been over a year since I had pizza)
    -Crappy spaghetti
    -Wheat rolls and breads
    -Fruit (a wide variety)
    -Probably had three salads the whole trip
    -Tacos (with cheese)
    -Oats
    I can list a bunch of other junk…

Mild constipation as well! Certain things constipated me more than others. It was ridiculous to go off the diet so bad, but we were in very remote places so you worked with what was there.

So I feel that I am “cured” in the fact that the candida didn’t come raging back and that I don’t feel like crap after the trip. I have not experienced any negative changes in how I feel day to day from this cheat event.

However, I got back and felt bad within 30 minutes of being here in my house. The weather in portland is pretty bad today (rain vs. sun in LA), but we really need the rain bad because its been drought like conditions. We turned on the heat and I think this kicked up a bunch of mold and dust from the basement which definitely has a documented mold and moisture problem.

I think this house really contributes to me feeling bad because of the mold that is in here and this is very concerning. The mold in my last apartment definitely helped get contribute to my candida overgrowth. Luckily this is our last year here because the house is going to be put on the market (my great aunt owns it and needs the money…we get cheap rent). I think living in Oregon and the downfalls of having lots of moisture is something I should look into further in a serious matter for my long term health. I don’t think all of you understand whats its like to live here…it rains a large percentage of the time throughout the year when compared to other places.

I took all my supplements throughout the trip except homeopathics; I somehow lost my probiotics half way through the trip which really sucked. I did have a little bit of greek yogurt everyday but I don’t think this is the same as taking a high strength probiotic.

I look forward to being back on the forum but I might spend less time on here than in the past. I just feel really great (or I did) and I want to use my time for some other endeavors.

-raster

Firstly, thank you for this blog. Really useful to see your progression Raster and glad your reactions are less. I had to laugh though when you said at the end, “I feel really great (or I did)” And based upon all the queries we get I’m sure most would like to see that eating our favorites, ie pizza on special occassions, is possible for many candida sufferers once the candida overgrowth/gut issues are taken care of.

Anyways, regarding mold do you run HEPA filters in the rooms in your house? I have a true hepa filter and it really helps out.

And for the heck of it, since you offered, what else did you eat?

All the best buddy and happy belated 30th.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Thanks for this Raster. It was an interesting read through. It’s important to see other people’s mistakes as well as successes I think, especially in such a linear way. Congrats on feeling good!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I, unfortunately, am starting to feel the same way about Portland and might consider moving to someplace warmer, even though I don’t know how I would survive anywhere else! I love it here 🙁

raster
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am almost at the 2 year mark! Wow! I am still getting better and going strong, I am mostly in equalization mode just trying to maintain or improve as much as I can.

I went on a recent trip for one whole week in central california and cheated it up mega time. I took some good probiotics with me though and this really helped my digestion (garden of life 100 billion probiotics). Their probiotics contain different enzymes and they certainly work in my opinion. After the trip I had no new or exasperated candida symptoms.

I then did a month of megaflora and now I am back on to HMF neuro again. I think I feel slightly crappy when I am on the megaflora for some reason (likely because it kills the candida more). Now that I am back on the HMF neuro…wow, its like night and day. I feel so amazing right now, its not even silly. HMF is in my opinion, the best probiotic on the market and even though it has a low billion count, you sure feel good when you take it.

After the trip I cheated a week or two later, and then a week or two later after that. I felt sorta “crappy” and run down but still was going strong.

I then started to experience major heart symptoms (angina) and did some research and my calcium levels were very high. I found some articles on the internet about how males shouldn’t take calcium because it can lead to heart problems, and so I stopped immediately. Ever since, my heart has improved tremendously and now I basically don’t get any angina. I think I wasn’t that far from being placed in a coffin not too long ago it was so bad and am glad I found the cause of the problem. So lesson learned, don’t take any calcium folks if you are male!

Other than that, I have been doing more activities because I feel good. This leads to being burnt out easily on the weekends. I can do more than before, but I shouldn’t do too much. If I do yardwork, clean the house, wash car, work on car, and hangout with friend…this is too much to do in a day and the next day I feel very drained. I just gotta be careful to not overdo it.

I am also very much eating a stage 3 diet with lots of fruit, some corn and starches, and cheating sometimes on the weekends. I also reached a milestone this week, I now have 3 BM’s a day! This is so exciting, it means my digestion is way better. I noticed my stomach no longer looks so bloated. My body doesn’t pass on the signal to me that I gotta go until I am constipated so I just have to be more aware of my body.

-raster

goingnatural

raster;45658 wrote: Hello everyone,

I am almost at the 2 year mark! Wow! I am still getting better and going strong, I am mostly in equalization mode just trying to maintain or improve as much as I can.

I went on a recent trip for one whole week in central california and cheated it up mega time. I took some good probiotics with me though and this really helped my digestion (garden of life 100 billion probiotics). Their probiotics contain different enzymes and they certainly work in my opinion. After the trip I had no new or exasperated candida symptoms.

I then did a month of megaflora and now I am back on to HMF neuro again. I think I feel slightly crappy when I am on the megaflora for some reason (likely because it kills the candida more). Now that I am back on the HMF neuro…wow, its like night and day. I feel so amazing right now, its not even silly. HMF is in my opinion, the best probiotic on the market and even though it has a low billion count, you sure feel good when you take it.

After the trip I cheated a week or two later, and then a week or two later after that. I felt sorta “crappy” and run down but still was going strong.

I then started to experience major heart symptoms (angina) and did some research and my calcium levels were very high. I found some articles on the internet about how males shouldn’t take calcium because it can lead to heart problems, and so I stopped immediately. Ever since, my heart has improved tremendously and now I basically don’t get any angina. I think I wasn’t that far from being placed in a coffin not too long ago it was so bad and am glad I found the cause of the problem. So lesson learned, don’t take any calcium folks if you are male!

Other than that, I have been doing more activities because I feel good. This leads to being burnt out easily on the weekends. I can do more than before, but I shouldn’t do too much. If I do yardwork, clean the house, wash car, work on car, and hangout with friend…this is too much to do in a day and the next day I feel very drained. I just gotta be careful to not overdo it.

I am also very much eating a stage 3 diet with lots of fruit, some corn and starches, and cheating sometimes on the weekends. I also reached a milestone this week, I now have 3 BM’s a day! This is so exciting, it means my digestion is way better. I noticed my stomach no longer looks so bloated. My body doesn’t pass on the signal to me that I gotta go until I am constipated so I just have to be more aware of my body.

-raster

Great update.

Hey, what were your calcium levels at? And what was your dosage?

raster
    Participant

My levels were at 96% (out of 100) and I took 100% daily value per day.

-raster

goingnatural

raster;45663 wrote: My levels were at 96% (out of 100) and I took 100% daily value per day.

-raster

OK, so it sounds like it wasn’t the standard serum test done? FYI, normal Serum Calcium 4.5-5.5, I’m curious what that would be?

Anyways, either way glad you are feeling so good! Great story for us to stay motivated.

raster
    Participant

My results are with my naturopath so I can’t look at them now but I did do blood tests.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Well I wanted to update my blog because it has been quite awhile. Basically I have improved in some ways but declined in other ways.

I started to heal my thyroid in conjunction with everything else I have done. I did an iodine test and I have failed it. I am making great progress though. I once had pretty bad thyroid symptoms a few months ago with cold hands, great susceptibility to the cold, feeling ill most of the time, etc. and now my immune system feels quite strong. I likely will have to heal my thyroid a few more months or longer with thytrophin and iodine. These symptoms have dissappeared mostly however occasionally I can feel my thyroid sore on my neck.

I’ve been a cigarrette smoker and pot smoker for the last 15 years. These addictions were quite important to me and I didn’t have the strength to quit them. Unfortunately it finally caught up to me and starting about 2 weeks ago, I started to hyperventilate and get anxiety after I smoke anything. It basically made me feel awful and so I reduced my smoking by 1/2 for 4 days. The 3rd and 4th day I could not sleep at all because the cigs just kept me so amped up. I called in sick to work and decided to quit because I felt completely awful. I then took off a few vacation days to ensure my success.

Now I am 8 days into quitting smoking (anything) and am doing quite well. I can’t believe I finally did it and haven’t cheated once. To replace smoking, I decided to eat a little bit more crap then normal with no setbacks.

I’ve also been going to the hot springs as much as possible, once every few months or so. Me and my wife feel really good afterwards, likely because we get close to pH neutral and it helps detoxify us.

I’ve incorporated a few things in my diet that I haven’t had much in the past including rice and beans and guacamole (with tomatoes). It gives me a little gas with no problems.

I have cut out cows yogurt and replaced with goats yogurt and I feel a ton better. I also cut the oat bran and replaced with cream of buckwheat and this also helps. When I consume either now I notice how bad I feel. I do not think these items are safe for the diet. I also cut out chicken sausage and replaced with regular chicken…the sausage is high in salt and I feel better without it.

I’ve also started to go on light walks and it helps my sleep quite a bit.

My goal for next year is to try to eat healthier and get pH neutral and start destroying the co-infections (microbes, viruses, etc).

-raster

raster
    Participant

I’ve had a variety of ups and downs due to cheating but I get over quite quickly, usually within 2 days. For instance, I recently ate pepperoni pizza as a special treat and I couldn’t poop for one whole day afterwards! Then the next day I pooped way more than normal. I felt kinda crappy for about 2 days and then I did acupuncture, and I feel great!

I’m starting to fall off the bandwagon in terms of diet and being strict. I eat chinese food occasionally, hamburgers and fries, hashbrowns and sausage, coconut water, homemade salsa, etc. I’d say out of all of these, chinsese food and american breakfast are likely the healthiest.

For super bowl, I ate a lot of corn chips and salsa lol and was eyeballing the cookies, couldn’t do it!

I also consume coffee once a week or so, and now I eat brown or wild rice 3 times per week or so. I started to consume salmon and I really like it, never was into seafood my whole life. I eat it once per week.

I started on some new homeopathics that destroy microbes and yeast. One is called tartarex which destroys microbes. The other is pleo X which destroys yeast. We’ll see how it goes but pleo X seems quite strong.

I have 2 boxes of floraster in my fridge, and I’m going to try it out soon hopefully. I just have to be strict and stop my chamomile tea which wakes me up and all other antifungals. I might have to start drinking coffee when I take floraster as an alternative.

I’ve upped my iodine intake to 6 prolamine iodine’s per day and my immune system is getting really strong now. After addressing my thyroid health, I feel maybe 2-3x better.

I also survived to week 10/11/12 of quitting smoking, which is a milestone. Smoked 15 years or half my life. Its no longer a problem.

-raster

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

raster;55019 wrote:
    I have 2 boxes of floraster in my fridge, and I’m going to try it out soon hopefully. I just have to be strict and stop my chamomile tea which wakes me up and all other antifungals. I might have to start drinking coffee when I take floraster as an alternative.

I’ve upped my iodine intake to 6 prolamine iodine’s per day and my immune system is getting really strong now. After addressing my thyroid health, I feel maybe 2-3x better.

I also survived to week 10/11/12 of quitting smoking, which is a milestone. Smoked 15 years or half my life. Its no longer a problem.

-raster

Congrats on the smoke-cessation!

Im curious on how chamomile wakes you up? Its used commonly as a sedative,nervine, and is used to calm kids. I didnt know it was strong enough of an antifungal to make a difference in your floraster…is that why you are quitting it?

Are you able to drink green tea instead of coffee?
    Man,I think its giving me some crazy dreams!

raster
    Participant

Chamomile tea wakes you up if you steep it longer than 8 minutes. I feel quite normal after 3 cups and feel completely awake usually…

It makes you sleepy if you steep it less than 8 minutes.

Any antifungal can kill yeast and thats why I shouldn’t use it when taking floraster. Green tea is also antifungal so can’t consume it either unfortunately…actually all teas are antifungal so its just not going to work.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Candida diet blog/post from month 2 to 3 years!’ is closed to new replies.