Candida Diet – bad breath got worse?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Diet – bad breath got worse?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  warmwaters 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

warmwaters
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 5

Hello everyone,

I am new here and have been on a strict Vegan Candida diet for a week – I’ve been sticking to mostly raw veggies. I’ve had terrible bloating/bad breath for years and was treated for acid reflux & hpylori but nothing worked. I am now trying out the candida diet and my bloating is gone! but my bad breath has gotten worse and my tongue thrush has turned yellow instead of the white coating I had. I am taking, vitamins, antifungals and probiotic disgestive enzymes.
    How long can I expect to be like this?
    Any help? Could this be die off? THANK YOU!

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Amazing news that your bloating has finally gone 🙂

I wonder if the yellow is a sign that the candida on your tongue is dying off?

The bad breath I’m not so sure about. You’ve only changed your diet for a week, so I would say that you need to give it a bit longer. There are all kinds of changes happening in your stomach and gut, and it might take a while for things to stabilize.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Katherine
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

When my tongue coating turns yellow, it’s generally because of tea or coffee or juice. It just turns the white yellow because some of the color sticks behind-although I’m not sure if that’s what’s going on for you, just an idea. It alarmed me a bit when I first noticed, haha. My first thought though was that it could be die-off, which is totally possible. I suffer from bad breath and thick tongue coating and have been on the diet for only 2 days, but have noticed no change either, it’s simply too soon to tell for me. They make oil of oregano concentrated mouthwashes, while potent they feel like they really clean your tongue. I’d also recommend a Tung brush, they get my tongue almost completely back to pink, but be gentle because they’re harsh at first. (that is if you’ve not tried these things already-I know having bad breath has made me try a lot of crazy remedies)
    One final thought, if your body is in ketosis I think that can cause bad breath. Although from what I’ve read being in ketosis doesn’t come hand in hand with the diet, so maybe consider that as well. Good luck and stay the course!

1 user thanked author for this post.

warmwaters
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 5

Do you mind me asking, what are your symptoms besides the BB and tongue coating?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Candida Diet – bad breath got worse?’ is closed to new replies.