Candida diet and High performance sports? HELP pls

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Candida diet and High performance sports? HELP pls

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dannyle87 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dannyle87
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Hi guys. I need some advice on how to adjust the diet as it seems impossible to be a serious athlete without any carbs. I am a professional tennis player and even though this diet and protocol has helped so much, I barely have energy during matches that sometimes last 2 to 3 hours. Anyone else dealing with this? The only thing I usually eat before i slots of brown rice as this is only thing that a decent of carbs that is allowed to give me some energy boost but other than that I feel drained during matches since I cant even have a banana without having an allergic reaction. I am even allergic to mineral water?! WTH is going on? Need help on how to prepare food wise for long lasting workouts please. BTW what happens if ingest sugar during an intense workout? Does the candida feed on it or does the body convert it into erngery? Who is faster?

jamespaul
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 31

hi there, im not a professional when it comes to candida, but i weight train 5 times a week, at 1st i also struggled, but now i have brown rice with every meal, and im eating 6 meals a day sometimes more, carbs 45 mins before a workout and striaght after

hope this helps

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d try a few things. The first is I would try out teff which gives you a ton of energy. I have a good recipe for teff bread in the recipes part of the forum. The second is I’d try coconut water or kefir; I’ve been on the diet for over a year and the coconut water seems to agree with my body more than a green apple; I’ll only have it once every few weeks or so, but its great for when I am active. Pumpkin and greek yogurt also give me a ton of energy.

Other tips I have include chewing your food more which will increase the surface area of the food you eat and it’ll allow greater absorption. Chew each bite over 30 times…it’ll improve your digestion as well. Digestive enzymes and swedish bitters also help you digest the food you eat better and will give you more energy from the same amount of foods.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1222_Chew-your-food-longer–Simple-tip-to-improve-your-health.aspx

I recently learned a bunch about trace minerals and this by itself can improve your health:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst5419_Trace-Minerals.aspx

Theo Ratliff who once played for my blazers in the NBA and extended his career 10 whole years by adding in trace minerals. This could also be the cause of your candida and health problems. I’d research trace mineral drinks and maybe the one in the youtube video I link in the above post.

Hope this helps!

-raster

raster
    Participant

I’d also consider trying out acupuncture which is another cornerstone of my treatment. It detoxes the body, rebalances the body, and heals specific organs (on top of giving you energy and making you feel good). It probably is perfect for sports since you get some slight and nagging injuries now and then.

-raster

dannyle87

Thanks guys. What do you think about increasing good fat?
    I read this article about that the body actually runs better on burning fat than carbs.
    So i am talking about coconut oil, Olive oil, Avocados etc as well increased protein intake.
    I heard about coconut water but they say it contains too much sugar..
    And what`s up the allergies. I cant have bananas or apples anymore, not even mineral water wihtout getting dizzy etc. I never used to have problems with these items.
    What is going on?

raster
    Participant

Sounds like you have leaky gut which has to be healed separately. It takes a long time but you need specific supplements to heal it. The ones I take include digestive enzymes, L-glutamine, cinnamon, inulin (aka miracle fiber), prebiotics and probiotics.

Bitters is another one that heals leaky gut and there is a big list of supplements that also work (but I have not tried them; I can share a link if needed). L-glutamine is the most popular and it helps with sugar sensitivities specifically. I am on stage 3 so I can handle cheating and some coconut water now and then, but early on in my treatment I could not handle fruit or any sugar (like you).

Increasing good fat is important and you also need other essential fatty acids. Flax and hemp are examples of essential fatty acids (and I think coconut oil is another). I take a supplement with essential fatty acids called E3AFA which helps repair the brain.

Carbs gives you short term energy that disappears quickly, so in my opinion, its not a super great source of energy.

-raster

Belganson
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

Quinoa is high in carbs. I eat cold chicken and quinoa with lemon juice and sea salt when I need a lunch on the go. I also make a savory pancake that’s a great cold, snack that you can eat before or during your match. It has oat bran, which is 27g per 1/3 cup.

Add 1 egg, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup oat bran, salt, pepper and fresh basil. Cool like a pancake with a tiny bit of olive oil in the pan. I can’t get enough of these. You can also try adding almond butter with more milk rather than the s&p and basil to add a few more carbs.

For a sweet pancake, add stevia and cinnamon. Again all are great to throw in a small cooler and eat and run.

Good luck.

dannyle87

Thanks for all the replies guys. I am actually getting better now since I have been increasing the good fats. So ill try that for a while as I feel every little carb that I ingest.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida diet and High performance sports? HELP pls’ is closed to new replies.