candida die off sx with coconut bread?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions candida die off sx with coconut bread?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I started eating coconut bread on day 15 of the diet… 15 days after starting the cleanse. I noticed about 5 days later that my malabsorption symtpoms returned, even though I was using the swedish bitters after every single meal. So, today I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized that I am not ready for the coconut bread, which really sucks… but what can I do?

So, I have a few questions about this..

1. Is this most likely from the coconut bread and is this a common side effect during the diet?

2. Should I try to take the swedish bitters before and after I eat the bread?

3. Am I just perhaps eating too much of it? I am going through the large batch recipe with 9 eggs every 2 to 3 days. Maybe try to reintroduce it in the next couple of weeks or so?

4. Is this usually the easiest grain for candida sufferers to adjust to? Is it okay for me to try a different grain, such as quinoa, in moderation on day 30 of the diet?

5. I did just recently start a probiiotic and am also using homemade kefir daily. Could that have something to do with it?

6. My bloating and gas, along with the malabsorption is all related to the candida, I know. And come to think of it, it got a little worse when I started eating the coconut bread. So, my plan of action is to stop eating the bread, start quinoa as the next grain ( very slowly), then start the cocnut bread and only eat, maybe like, one serving with each meal. Does that sound good?

Thank You for all of your help, forum members. Naturegirl27

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What are your malabsorption symptoms? I haven’t heard of these before…

In general you feel pretty “wonky” on the diet, where you have good and bad weeks/days/minutes/hours and the symptoms constantly change throughout the first few months. After about 3-4 months things “normalize” and its the same symptoms but much more dull.

3) I think you are eating too much of it; I personally eat about 1 loaf per week (double batch recipe). Also, are you making able’s recipe?

4)Coconut bread is not a grain, so I am unsure what to say about it. If you want to eat grains, I would try out buckwheat first. For me, I quickly got allergic to quinoa after eating it 4 days straight (for dinner), so if you ate it something like 1-2x per week, you likely won’t become allergic to it. I also think buckwheat tastes better. You can try foods out whenever you want at this point, just try them out one at a time.

5)Weird symptoms can occur after taking a probiotic and kefir because your body needs to adjust to the change.

6)I eat one serving per meal and this sounds like a better idea. Gas is something you can/could have long term unless you address that seperately. A great supplement I take that completely eliminates gas is called zypan (I believe it has lactose as an ingredient but it shouldn’t set you back). If you have gas after protein, than this will do the trick…

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I started eating coconut bread on day 15 of the diet… 15 days after starting the cleanse. I noticed about 5 days later that my malabsorption symtpoms returned, even though I was using the swedish bitters after every single meal. So, today I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized that I am not ready for the coconut bread, which really sucks…

but what can I do?

You can stop eating the bread altogether for about a week or longer depending on your symptoms.

1. Is this most likely from the coconut bread and is this a common side effect during the diet?

It doesn’t matter whether a symptom or side effect is common or not, if you have one you need to find the cause of it and remove the cause from your diet.

2. Should I try to take the swedish bitters before and after I eat the bread?

How many pieces at one time and do you eat it with any other food or by itself?

3. Am I just perhaps eating too much of it? I am going through the large batch recipe with 9 eggs every 2 to 3 days. Maybe try to reintroduce it in the next couple of weeks or so?

Yes that’s too much, especially since you haven’t been eating it very long. Like Raster, I had one large loaf every week or so, a little more a bit later in the treatment.

4. Is this usually the easiest grain for candida sufferers to adjust to?

Coconut is not even a grain, and that’s why it causes so few problems. Your problem probably has nothing to do specifically with the bread as much as it does the malabsorption problem. The symptoms of malabsorption can come and go at random, right now it’s here and you’ll just have to be more careful about what you’re eating and especially about what new foods you add.

Is it okay for me to try a different grain, such as quinoa, in moderation on day 30 of the diet?

If coconut flour, not being a grain, presents a problem, there’s a good chance that any similar product will as well, especially if it’s a grain product like quinoa.

5. I did just recently start a probiotic and am also using homemade kefir daily. Could that have something to do with it?

Anything is possible with a Candida overgrowth. How many days were between starting the probiotic, kefir, and coconut bread?

6. My bloating and gas, along with the malabsorption is all related to the candida, I know. And come to think of it, it got a little worse when I started eating the coconut bread. So, my plan of action is to stop eating the bread, start quinoa as the next grain ( very slowly), then start the coconut bread and only eat, maybe like, one serving with each meal. Does that sound good?

Unlike coconut flour, quinoa IS a grain and will feed the Candida, but it’s your choice, not ours.
    On the other hand, buckwheat is NOT a grain but rather a seed from which buckwheat flour is made. So if you feel you absolutely have to try something else, I think I would try a tiny amount of buckwheat as a cereal. I’m talking about a very, very tiny bit the first time because it’s probably going to cause digestion problems and who knows what else considering the problems you’re having with the coconut flour bread. If you’re still experiencing the malabsorption symptoms when you try the buckwheat, odds are they’ll just continue.

I know you don’t like what I’m saying, but I also know you’d rather hear the truth than a lie concerning foods with potential problems.

Able

Naturegirl27

Answers to Raster’s questions.

The malabsorption sx are ( I didn’t want to get graphic, but I guess I will for the sake of my health)… well just when I use the bathroom with a bowel movement, it comes out just fine but it kind of falls apart when it hits the water in the toilet. Not quite a diarrhea, but it isn’t as formed as when I started the diet. It certainly isn’t formed. It just doesn’t look right. I am assuming that it is from the candida… I hope it is so that it will go away at the end of this diet. I have had these sx for at least a year now, but was just taking digestive enzymes for it, and it helped. At the beginning of this diet, the swedish bitters helped. Then, I started having malabsorption again.

I cannot wait until my sx “normalize”.

When I do start eating the coconut bread again, I will definitly eat a lot less of it and make sure to eat it with other food.

I will hold off on starting anything new until the sx are gone. And I think I will just re-start the coconut bread slowly, then eventually just start the buckwheat after that.

Thank You for the suggestion on the zypan… I will try it as last resort though bc I do not want to take anything after this diet. I am hoping that the sx will just go away.

Answers to Able’s questions.

I just want to let you know, this is exactly what I want to hear; THE TRUTH. Of course… I have a nursing background from college and am now going into natural medicine and bioenergetics bc it ACTUALLY WORKS. Can’t believe I was EVER in conventional medicine. Live and learn. Point being, What you just told me didn’t phase me at all. Of course I welcome your answers when they are direct and factual. I’ve had to tell people much worse things than how to eat there coconut bread… don’t be so hard on yourself. What I mean is… thank you for all of your help. It is very much appreciated. Thank You for telling me what I need to know.

I’m sure you read above, that I am stopping all new foods until the sx go away, and then I will be adding in the coconut bread again just to see if that is actually it. I will eat much less of it, and with other foods always.

I will hold off on the quinoa and start the coconut bread and then the buckwheat after that as long as the malabsorption doesn’t return.

Okay, so I kept a journal… let me look up the dates I started stuff…

Okay, so note… today is day 37 for me since I started the cleanse.
    On day 14 I stopped the cleanse and started the diet.
    I day 14 I started taking the coconut oil tapering up as indicated on the forum protocols. I am up to a dose of 9 tsp a day and feel slighlty nauseous and dizzy after taking it, so that is all I am taking for right now.
    On day 17 I made a note that my digestion was fine with the swedish bitters, but without the malabsorption was present.
    On day 19 I started eating salmon, but only about twice a week.
    On day 24 I started drinking homemade organic milk kefir. ( just thinking, I have a dairy intolerance. Not allergic, but intolerant. I have stopped the milk kefir about 4 days ago now. I recieved the water kefir in the mail and am going to start growing it today. I will start drinking that after my malabsorption sx are gone… to see it I can tolerate that water kefir or not)
    Day 27- Started the SF722 Undecenoic Acid and started eating coconut bread.

* that day I felt dizzy, lightheaded, and spacey. Two days later I had vaginal itching. I wrote in the forum and we decided it was most likely from the SF722 and that I should stick with it and just use symptomatic relief. My vaginal itching has been gone now for at least 4 days.

Day 31- I started the probiotic in the morning.

Like I said, today is day 37. My malabsorption sx came on strong even with the swedish bitters around day 29 or so… I think. For some reason I didn’t write that down in my journal; go figure. I have been out and about and not taking the swedish bitters with every meal, and I thought that is what was contributing to the malabsorption. BUT for the last 3 to 4 days I have been taking it religiously with every meal.

PHshew!!! Okay… I know that is prob too much information. But I’m not really sure. There’s a lot of things they don’t teach in nursing school ( a LOT!!!!), and how common candida infections are is one of them. Lovely system, isn’t it? JJ, That’s why I’m going into preventative and natural medicine instead.

Again, thank You so much for your patience and all of your help. Sending you light and love, Naturegirl27

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

I too had my symptoms return after eating coconut bread. I stopped eating it since three days, and the symptoms are subsiding but I need to observe for few more days.

I am sure that was not die-off,I know my die-off symptoms…..I get mild head ache, blisters on my arms etc….
    even during the bad die-off days these particular symptoms didn’t return. I am talking about the boils on my face, in ears, and the itchy grey fungal rash growth on few other places on my facial skin.

These are the worst symptoms which I started experiencing since the last one year, and are the ones which made me realize that there was something wrong with my health, and finally made me know that I am having candida over growth.

Actually they completely subsided once I started the diet. Two weeks ago when I first prepared the Coconut Bread and ate for 2 days, I noticed the return. I thought it was because of the wrong type of Stevia I used, which had minute quantities of dextrose. I dumped the rest portion of the bread, and stevia.

Then next week I prepared the Coconut Bread with SweetLeaf Stevia which was recommended by every one here. I ate the bread for a whole week, even though I noticed the symptoms. I didn’t care, because I was quiet confident on the Coconut bread based on what I read here. After the whole week, I realized that my facial skin was becoming the same way as It was before I started the diet.

My diet includes, vegetables (safe), Chicken (I have been eating since I started the diet), and the coconut bread (I started it new). I was confused if the problem was because of the Coconut Bread, or because of the Garam Masala I was using in the chicken. I pointed towards the Garam Masala, because the Coconut-Bread was programmed in my mind as 100% safe. I eliminated both, first the Garam Masala (but still I had the symptoms). Then after three days I eliminated the Coconut Bread. In just 2 days I see the difference, I cant say that the symptoms have completely gone. But, the aggravation of the symptoms which I saw during the past week had gone. Looks its clearing up day to day.

I wont try either Garam-Masala or Coconut-Bread for 2 more weeks. Then after that I will first try the Garam Masala, because at max I will be using it only 4 spoons a week, it shouldn’t have caused such problem.

If I don’t have any problem with the Garam-Masala, then I am never going to touch Coconut-Flour or Coconut-Bread my entire life.

All, I can tell is Coconut-Bread isn’t 100% safe……

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I personally wouldn’t worry too much about what comes out at the other end because it will vary day by day, week by week, month by month while on the diet. Drinking too much water can cause unusual stools and so can vitamins, how much you chew your food, etc. There is a lot of factors that effect the differences…

The thing I would worry about is if any undigested food comes out of the stool such as undigested spinach, rice, quinoa, etc. This can be problematic as it means that candida can eat on this since it is fermenting undigested in the gut.

-raster

Naturegirl27

Thank you both, for your advice. 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

nikki wrote: All, I can tell is Coconut-Bread isn’t 100% safe….

To correct this statement; Coconut-Bread isn’t 100% safe FOR YOU.

Coconut bread has been safe for many, many people before you, and it will remain safe for many people who come after the group we have now, so to make the statement in that manner can be misunderstood by new members.

Any food eaten at any time during the treatment can cause mild to severe reactions in any member on the forum. This being said, it does not mean that every member on the forum will react to a food just because one member did.

I considered coconut bread to be a literal life saver when I was on the treatment as I did not need to lose weight but was losing far too much every week until I added the bread; the bread along with coconut oil were the only things which prevented my weight from plummeting beyond the level of healthy. I know that the bread has done the same for many other forum members as well.

I just wanted to point this out as new members just coming onto the forum can form an instant bad opinion of coconut bread from your statement and possibly never have the advantage of making use of it for that reason.

Concerning boils: Boils may appear for many reasons such as bacterial infections or a food allergy but they’re not directly caused by the Candida fungus. In the case of a Candida overgrowth, they’re usually caused by food allergies. During a Candida infestation you can suddenly become allergic to any number of foods including foods that you’ve never had a problem with before.

To show further that boils are not a fungus outbreak; boils are an infection normally caused by the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus. This is why severe outbreaks of boils are treated with antibiotics. If boils were a type of fungus, the antibiotics would have no effect whatsoever on the boils, but would only make them worse.

Thanks, Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘candida die off sx with coconut bread?’ is closed to new replies.