CANDIDA DIE-OFF…STILL?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice CANDIDA DIE-OFF…STILL?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

xxsidkidxx
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi! I am a 25 year old guy who has dealt with Candida overgrowth for YEARS…just recently realized what all my problems were when randomly coming across a website about probiotics. I think you would say I have a severe case…Here were just some of my symptoms: Severe Allergies (to everything), Stomach troubles (extreme bloating, acid reflux, etc), Fatigue, Depression, Anxiety, Brain fog, extremely dry skin (Dermatitis; itchy flakey scalp, ears crack and bleed), and I have tinea versicolor which is a non-contagious fungal infection of the skin.

After reading this website and really researching this candida thing, I read so many testimonials where people said after this diet their entire lives changed. I was very hopeful because I am tired of living in misery for all these years. I was hoping for a real change so I started my candida diet on OCT 3. I tried to follow this regimen as close as possible.
    The first few days of the fasting I was extremely weak, dizzy and light-headed to the point that I could not drive a car SO I started to add steamed vegetables and felt a little better.

Once that week was over, I was relieved but then came the hard part, finding foods that were organic and on the FOODS YOU CAN EAT list. I was pretty successful at sticking to it though with maybe a few mess ups not knowing what was in the ingredients of food I had to eat a friends house, or when I was away from my fridge. As far as the anti-fungals go, my doctor would not prescribe me any strong anti-fungal so I took matters into my own hands and found that Grapefruit extract, oil of oregano and olive leaf were great as natural anti-fungals. I took them all together.

NOW to my point of this post….Through this whole diet I suffered extreme Candida die-off, or so I imagine that is what it was; Mainly severe Fatigue and sudden bursts of hives would cover certain parts of my body. The die-off was the worst towards the beginning and then when I introduced the anti-fungals.
    BUT it seems it is still happening……
    I am still taking the anti-fungals and I am going on my second box of FIVELAC (I assumed it would be better than threelac).

Here is the good news…The change in my diet (taking out sugar and yeast and perhaps the help of natural anti-fungals) seems to have gotten the tinea versicolor on my back and chest to be smoothed out and not patchy and dry like it has been for YEARS. The skin coloring seems to also be returning to normal.
    Also I am glad I did this diet to learn what are healthy things to put into your body and what is not.

Here is the bad news…
    I have been on this diet since OCT 3 and my dermatitis is still as bad as ever with Dry cracked skin on my face and ears, I seem to still be extremely fatigued with brain fog and now to the point where I can’t even get motivated enough to clean my apartment. I am still feeling itchy-ness and break out in hives all over my body at random times.
    Also, maybe unrelated but, I have not been able to get a good nights sleep…even more anxiety than I have normally.

SO…any advice? Am I doing something wrong here? Have read so many success stories, when is mine coming?
    Has anyone else experienced what I have been going through? Hundreds of dollars already spent and still havent reached where I can say I am satisfied…maybe the fivelac takes longer and I am just impatient.

P.S. Sorry for the long post.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi xxidkidxx,

hi mate, I hear you and I want to tell you that you are not alone. One year ago I started the battle, I cut out all grains, all milk products. That was my first steps.
    Did it help. No. I then looked around for a candida special diet and found one where the focus was to eat fat and meat. Did it help no. The strange thing was that I felt in the beginning good. I dont know why but then suddenly everything turned around and even with the candida meat and fat diet I started to feel worse. One night I woke up with a body totally freaking out and I noticed I had a panic attack for the first time in my life. It was terrible.

In desperation I searched and found this group here. Learnt a lot what went wrong with my fat and meat diet and thought that I would have the key. I re-booted my battle against candida in two ways. Going to the normal doctor and checking me through if there is something with the heart, cancer or whatever. I decided if they don’t find anything I will go on with the diet because of my history and the symptoms it looks very strong that I have candida. First I thought I had low sugar or low blood pressure or a higher heart rate. No nothing. But still I was feeling terrible.

I started with the forums/ables and rasters diet on the 30.10. I had all the time my symptoms and problems but it looked like that they where much softer and everything turned to the better. Then I experienced even a day or two of nearly total symptom free times. I was all up in hope and happiness. But then it fell down mightily. I started to feel terrible again and didn’t understand the ups and downs. I thought that I would feel bad for a week or two and then that I slowly get out of the hole. But for me its ups and downs all the time within a time frame of hours or even minutes. Its like sitting in a boat in storm. Then I really needed a break of the battle and stopped the anti fungals. I felt better again for a day or two only to plump down into the war of symptoms again.

Its a strange battle and I would wish that we share more of the symptoms of the die-off and gain more knowledge about it. I am quite confused about it myself. Is it die-off or not. Is it something else like a food allergy. We know that there is die-off coming but I noticed that we are all quite confused what it means and how to read the signs. I know that I would feel much better if I would know where I am in this battle.

For me its like this: Most of the time I have brain fog. Sometimes very bad and then very light. There are moments when I noticed oh boy there is no brain fog and no dizziness but its more like I noticed when its not there than I would be shocked to feel dizzy or brain fog. My symptoms turn around and around. Yesterday I had all day this brainfog, heart heart palpitations and strange tingling under my skin. ( I guess adrenalin or histamin or whatever). Then in the evening suddenly they disappeared and I thought oh great so nice can life be. That lasted for 10 minutes when my stomach filled up with air and I had stomach pains. And the skin around my anus started itching.

I really wondered why its going around and around. It feels like being in a battle where the enemy has surrounded me. Attacking from here or there.
    Right now I have dizziness and little hear palpitations.

A tip for you: You might consider not taking so much anti fungals together. For you the diet might be enough as a start, then you take the grapefruit-seed extract for 2 weeks. Starting with one glass and few drops a day building it up to 3 glass of water with 25 drops a day. After 2 weeks you change to oil of oregano but don’t take them all together.

you are not alone mate,
    all the best to you
    Thomas

xxsidkidxx

Hey Thomas! Good to know I am not alone but then again not good…I wouldn’t wish this upon even my worst enemy.

It sounds like you have had your share of the battle too. It’s unfortunate how expensive trying to cure this thing can be. And here in the states, it seems every doctor I have been to about this seems to brush it off. They just want to prescribe more medicines…which I believe is what got me in this mess in the first place.

You see, When I was a newborn my mother said that the hospital they took me to didn’t recognize my asthma for what it was (asthma) and instead mis-diagnosed me with bronchitis and even at one point said they thought they saw a tumor in my lungs on an xray..which come to find out was phlegm…Luckily doctors know a little more about asthma now. I was lucky I didn’t die. Anyway, a majority of my childhood was spent on prednisones and antibiotics. Even in my highschool days I was prone to getting horrible sinus infections and the doctor I had, prescribed me antibiotics like they were candy.
    It wasn’t til recently that my mom asked me to research taking Garlic on a daily basis…I thought that was weird but researched it and it ended up bringing me to a disorder called Candida overgrowth.
    So here I am…

So my question is, you said you have been fighting this for a year. Have you followed this particular regimen for a whole year?

I am really curious about the itchy-ness and peeling dry skin. I keep thinking it is candida die-off but at the same time (like you said) I am wondering if it is my body telling me not to eat certain things since I am in the phase of reintroducing foods.

Thanks for your story and letting me know I am not alone in this…kind of a scary feeling, huh?

You said your stomach starts hurting occasionally….Are you taking threelac/fivelac probiotics? I hope I am not wasting money on this product =/

Thomas

xxsidkidxx wrote:

So my question is, you said you have been fighting this for a year. Have you followed this particular regimen for a whole year?

You said your stomach starts hurting occasionally….Are you taking threelac/fivelac probiotics? I hope I am not wasting money on this product =/

Hi mate,
    No, I follow this regime here on the forum starting with the 30.10.2011.

No, I am not taking threelac. For probiotics its very important to get good strong ones. I had a hard time finding the right kind here in sweden as everything is very weak and still expensive. So I am saving up some money for a real good one.

If I would be in the states I would by one Able suggested: I think this was one of them http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/hmf-neuro-by-genestra.html

I dont think I will be able to order it from the state as the laws here are so tight about medicine, drugs etc.

Then you should consider not having all the anti fungals together. Read my first post to you I added a tip in the end of my post you might have missed as I wrote it later.

yours
    thomas

xxsidkidxx

Thomas wrote:

Then you should consider not having all the anti fungals together. Read my first post to you I added a tip in the end of my post you might have missed as I wrote it later.

Oh sorry! I did miss that somehow. I will try that. Right now I am currently taking Grapefruit seed extract, Oil of Oregano 3xs a day AND eating about 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil a day. Perhaps this is way too much on my body.

I’m an impatient person lol

I will check out the link you provided with the probiotics.

Thanks!!

Thomas

xxsidkidxx wrote:

Oh sorry! I did miss that somehow. I will try that. Right now I am currently taking Grapefruit seed extract, Oil of Oregano 3xs a day AND eating about 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil a day. Perhaps this is way too much on my body.

Thanks!!

yes, if you had it all your life, like I believe I too. Then you need to take it slowly and the diet alone will give you plenty die-offs I guess but lets see what able and raster will say.

Check out this page from them:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

If you are an impatient, as I am! Read what Able wrote:

Die-Off
    Die-off symptoms can start anytime after after you’ve started the cleanse. Die-off is caused by the toxins that the dying Candida release, and the toxins are literally poison to your body; they can make you sick and they can damage your organs, specifically the liver where the toxins are concentrated. This is why our protocol produces a slow progress instead of advancing in an agressive manner.

cheers
    Thomas

xxsidkidxx

Thomas wrote:

Thanks!!

yes, if you had it all your life, like I believe I too. Then you need to take it slowly and the diet alone will give you plenty die-offs I guess but lets see what able and raster will say.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Die-Off
    Die-off symptoms can start anytime after after you’ve started the cleanse. Die-off is caused by the toxins that the dying Candida release, and the toxins are literally poison to your body; they can make you sick and they can damage your organs, specifically the liver where the toxins are concentrated. This is why our protocol produces a slow progress instead of advancing in an agressive manner.

cheers
    Thomas

EEP! Just read that! So this is more than likely linked to my problem of feeling so fatigued and sick since I started the anti-fungals; taking too many at once.

Thanks for all your help Thomas ^_^ Able and Raster seem to have a very good regimen to follow. Wish I would have seen this before starting the not-so-detailed plans I have been following.
    Thanks my friend!

Thomas

xxsidkidxx wrote:

Thanks!!

Die-Off

cheers
    Thomas

EEP! Just read that! So this is more than likely linked to my problem of feeling so fatigued and sick since I started the anti-fungals; taking too many at once.

Thanks for all your help Thomas ^_^ Able and Raster seem to have a very good regimen to follow. Wish I would have seen this before starting the not-so-detailed plans I have been following.
    Thanks my friend!

Np mate! Now you found a good start here. If you have any questions only pop a questions, its a great gang here to help.

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: If I would be in the states I would by one Able suggested: I think this was one of them http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/hmf-neuro-by-genestra.html

Thomas, since the new member is in the US, he can get one of the best probiotics that’s available here in the states and the one I recommend most. That’s MegaFlora made by MegaFood.

Amazon carries this brand.
    http://www.amazon.com/Megafood-Megaflora-Optimal-Potency-capsules/dp/B001AG4SHE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322102218&sr=8-1

The foggy-brain feeling comes from die-off, so as long as you’re experiencing any degree of that, the other symptoms are likely die-off also.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Tell us what your diet consists of sidkid. Also, are you following me and able’s protocol? Have you been taking a probiotic or any other supplements/vitamins?

-Raster

xxsidkidxx

Thank you Able! I will try that probiotic next. I am currently taking 4 packets of Fivelac a day. I can’t really tell a difference yet and the die-off seems to still be consistant. How would you say the MegaFlora probiotics compare with FiveLac?

Raster, I first started following the diet that was listed on this website starting from stage 1 and am now in stage 3 (hoping for a good change now). I wish I would have seen this forum first and your protocol, otherwise I would have followed it to a T.
    Right now my diet consist of all the foods on the “allowed foods list” and slowly have introduced other things back into my diet. I can say that almost every morning I eat a vegetable omelette and almost every night I have a bowl of guacamole from the recipe section on this website. I try my best to not eat dairy, sugar, or things that contain yeast…which is hard but has been doable.
    As far as supplements go, The only thing I am taking right now besides FiveLac probiotic are Grapefruit seed extract and biotin. I WAS taking Grapefruit seed extract, Oil of Oregano and coconut oil all together but the die-off got to be too much.
    It is still strong though and I don’t know how long it normally takes to get rid of it completely where I don’t experience the die-off.
    Should I have been waiting til the die-off goes away to proceed with taking the probiotics or is it okay that I am taking Fivelac with my herbal anti-fungals?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

xxsidkidxx wrote: Thank you Able! I will try that probiotic next. I am currently taking 4 packets of Fivelac a day. I can’t really tell a difference yet and the die-off seems to still be consistant. How would you say the MegaFlora probiotics compare with FiveLac?

What’s the comparison between 5 and 14 and 2 and 20?

With 14 strains and a 20 billion count per capsule, MegaFlora is capable of making a large dent on the population of the Candida. Fivelac contains 5 strains and a 2 billion count. That’s a pretty big comparison I think.

Molybdenum, a natural essential mineral (in pill form), will lessen the die-off symptoms and protect your liver from the toxins.

Able

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CANDIDA DIE-OFF…STILL?’ is closed to new replies.