Candida constipation

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida constipation

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Pina 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

It’s been 15 days since I’ve been on the Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 billion count probiotic and I’m still severely constipated. I also have probiotic yogurt nearly every day. Not sure what is causing it, as I started the diet over a month ago now and on Threelac I was regular.

Can anyone recommend a candida-safe laxative? I think tomorrow I’ll do a salt water flush (though I hate doing it) because I’m just that desperate.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Pina.

Are you taking oil of oregano? If so, raise the amount by a drop or two a day (up to 10 to 15 drops a day). If you’re using coconut oil, you can raise that as well – up to 14-15 teaspoons (raise it slowly). Both of these are said to be useful with Candida constipation. However, don’t raise either unless you’re taking Molybdenum at the full dosage (250 mcg 3 times a day).
    You can also use ground flax seed and a product by the name of ColonCleanz by which is a good herbal colon formula. According to the research and the herbs it contains, this should very gentle but adequate.

Able

Pina

Hi Able, thanks for your response though I’ve been taking 16 drops of oregano oil and 8-10 teaspoons of coconut oil daily already. I’ve also been eating flaxseed meal nearly every day since the start of the diet.

Almost at my wits’ end at this point!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Pina, the ColonCleanz should work, you can take up to three or four capsules a day if you need to.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What about grape bitters to improve digestion?

acio7
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Pina wrote: Hi Able, thanks for your response though I’ve been taking 16 drops of oregano oil and 8-10 teaspoons of coconut oil daily already. I’ve also been eating flaxseed meal nearly every day since the start of the diet.

Almost at my wits’ end at this point!

Have you tried taking probiotics? They do absolute wonders for me and when I forget to take them I am easily reminded if you know what I mean lol!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Also, you may want to try acupuncture as an immediate remedy for constipation. I have tried both chinese and french/vietnamese methods/practices and I recommend the french/vietnamese style (better results).

Be sure to mention that you specifically want it for digestion and they will puncture points along your legs, feet, hands, and gut area.

The next day you will have 2-footer stool samples.

Don’t overdue the acupuncture because it can set you back some while on the diet. Its best to save it for a later phase of the diet.

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Pina, have you tried chia seeds? You can get them at the health food store. I buy organic. I have just recently started having a smoothie again in the morning, and add 1 tlbsp of chia seeds. It has really helped because I had this problem as well.

Carb voyeur
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Pina, can you please tell me how to do a salt water flush? I’m in a similar situation to you. It’s been a couple of days now, and I’m not uncomfortable, but I am concerned.

Pina

Thanks Raster, Able for the suggestions, though I was looking for an easier solution as money is tight. I’m very annoyed a $30 probiotic and daily probiotic yogurt are not keeping me regular :/

joy, I haven’t tried chia seeds but I had been considering them and wanting to try them before even candida. I have to research it in regards to candida though before ordering it.

Carb, here’s a site with the same instructions I use for SWF. Do it in the morning, make sure you don’t eat/drink anything or you will throw up. Don’t go anywhere for several hours and stay by the bathroom. It helps me a lot to squeeze some lemon or lime in the salt water.

I did the SWF and was able to go, but again now I became constipated and haven’t gone in 3 days. It’s extremely frustrating. I have started eating more cabbage which I hear helps, and if it does I’ll post back here and share some recipes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Candida constipation’ is closed to new replies.