Candida cleanse – don't like the foods

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Candida cleanse – don't like the foods

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  shannonkv 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

shannonkv
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 26

Hello

I am new here but have been suspecting that I have candida issues for quite some time. I am ready to try a candida cleanse, but I am not a big vegetable eater – is the second cleanse option (detox liquids and broth) filling enough to get by for 1 week? Would I be running to the washroom every few minutes? (I have to work during the cleanse)

I would prefer to be able to eat (option 1), but I would only be able to eat celery and lettuce – I don’t touch any other veggies :-/

Thanks in advance for your help!

Shannon

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

am new here but have been suspecting that I have candida issues for quite some time. I am ready to try a candida cleanse, but I am not a big vegetable eater – is the second cleanse option (detox liquids and broth) filling enough to get by for 1 week?

That depends solely on the individual; but I doubt it would be enough for a working person to get by on.

Would I be running to the washroom every few minutes? (I have to work during the cleanse)

Again, that depends on the individual. Some people become constipated during a cleanse, others are the opposite.

Of course you could skip the cleanse and go straight to the diet if you choose, but the diet is mostly vegetables as well. It would definitely benefit you to learn to eat vegetables, as this could actually be part of the problem.

Able

shannonkv

I agree that not eating vegetables is definitely part of my overall health issues, but I do have a daily intake of smoothies with veggies, enzymes, probiotics, etc (not the same as the real thing), but most vegetables seem to cause a gag reflex in me and they don’t/ won’t stay down.

I can survive on the diet portion, but only veggies is definitely an issue. I think I will have to do some more research!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You could juice the veggies. This will allow your gut to heal and give it a break.

I didn’t like veggies either but now I eat 2 salads per day and really enjoy the energy I get from them. I did not eat any veggies at all before starting this diet, so you are not alone. You need to change you mentality because the way I look at candida is that its a serious illness, along the lines of having HIV, cancer, etc.

-raster

Sydney Keith
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 11

Getting your vegetables in you for the day is extremely important, and yes I also believe it has a direct correlation. What are you putting in your smoothies? Maybe this could be an area to add the right vegetable intake

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

U will have to get used 2 veggies on this diet or u will wither away LOL. Veggies are the main things u should b eating unless u wanna only eat oat bran, eggs, home made cocunnut bread.

Its really tough 2 make a life style change like this all at once & I’m in the beginning of treatment also, I would tell myself I’m gonna eat right & mess up everyday! I have alot of symptoms and I’m always in pain.I can def sympathize with u. I have only been on diet 3 days and already cheated with sweet potato and a slice of cheese today! However I ate a horrible diet of carbs & sugar.

So don’t give up, if u fall off track start over eventually we will feel like its routine. I never ate Brussels sprouts or rutabaga till now and I like them. The limited choices and temptation of food is what bugs me the most.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I have always liked veggies, somewhat, just preferred starches/proteins over them. I only knew how to cook about two things before this whole ordeal with food sensitivies/leaky gut/candida started. It’s a pain in the ass but also a blessing in disguise. Learning how to cook is a great skill, and once you get started, you will see that it’s not so bad and that veggies aren’t so bad!

Some easy things to start out with are blender soups (cook veggies in water, blend up with coconut oil and garlic – very easy!), stir-fries with good spices/herbs, and roasting veggies in the oven. You can work your way up to salads, which can be a little intimidating!

shannonkv

I always use a veggie powder in my smoothie that is made up of multiple vegetables, enzymes, probiotics, etc. I should mention that its not just that I don’t like most veggies, I physically react to them as well (vomit, etc.). I heavily rely on my green veggie powder suplement for my veggie intake. I would make a horrible vegetarian!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida cleanse – don't like the foods’ is closed to new replies.