Candida…….caused by Accutane???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida…….caused by Accutane???

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nikki 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Zadan
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello everyone, I took the drug Accutane for Acne in highschool, which was well over 10 years ago. Ever since then I haven’t been the same, I don’t have regular bowel movements, my color of my stool varies day to day, sometimes there is blood. In the past few years its gotten worse, I started to lose hair all over my body, developed eczema on my face, trouble sleeping at night, low libido, inability to gain weight, itchy skin………the list goes on and on.

I’ve tried searching for answers on my own for so long now with no success, but the symptoms I am experiencing………could it be Candida? I have white coating on my tongue along with the other things that I already mentioned, but I do not have sugar cravings. Does anyone know somebody that was on Accutane and experienced similar issues, or know how to fix this? I really hope it has not caused PERMANENT damage to my body. Would a Candida diet help?

Please, any comments and suggestions is appreciated, this has affected my life so much I just want things to be back to the way it was.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Zadan;43281 wrote: could it be Candida?

Have you looked at the long-term side effects of Accutane? Of course, these would probably depend a lot on the length of time that you were on Accutane.
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/accutane-side-effects-years-later.html

Some of your symptoms do sound like a yeast problem, especially the coated tongue.

Would a Candida diet help?

As far as my opinion goes, a Candida diet certain couldn’t hurt, and may clear up your tongue depending on whether or not you have an actual Candida overgrowth, if so, it could take a more in-depth treatment including the diet.

Able

unionnothing
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Zadan;43281 wrote: Hello everyone, I took the drug Accutane for Acne in highschool, which was well over 10 years ago. Ever since then I haven’t been the same, I don’t have regular bowel movements, my color of my stool varies day to day, sometimes there is blood. In the past few years its gotten worse, I started to lose hair all over my body, developed eczema on my face, trouble sleeping at night, low libido, inability to gain weight, itchy skin………the list goes on and on.

I’ve tried searching for answers on my own for so long now with no success, but the symptoms I am experiencing………could it be Candida? I have white coating on my tongue along with the other things that I already mentioned, but I do not have sugar cravings. Does anyone know somebody that was on Accutane and experienced similar issues, or know how to fix this? I really hope it has not caused PERMANENT damage to my body. Would a Candida diet help?

Please, any comments and suggestions is appreciated, this has affected my life so much I just want things to be back to the way it was.

I was on Accutane when i was around 13-14 for bad acne, cleared me up.

Around 18? i developed folicultus all over my back. Ended up trying all kinds of meds then eventually accutane again. Then i developed folicultis on my chin and mustache area aswell as IBS and dry scalp and face.

Around age 23 i was still seeing a dermtoligist trying to get rid of whats on my back / face, ive prolly been on every single cream/pill they have to give out. so they put me on accutane for a 3rd time, this time it spreaded all over my scalp.

Plus ive taken amoxicilan a bunch of times, we’ve always had it laying around the house and i would end up taking one when i felt sick…

My symptoms Dry/Itchy Skin, Hair Loss, Foliculitus, Bloated.

Ive done the candida diet twice, 2 or 3 months each time. Both times it clears my foliculitus but dry skin stays, bloating goes away. But soon as i go off of the diet it comes back within days. However i never did a cleanse and you gotta keep the bowls moving which i was since i have IBS.

Im fixing to go back on the diet after i get the results from a stool test im fixing to do, then i think this time ill beable to cure it, Ive been reading everything i can about Dr. Jeff McCombs plan, candida plan, and it sounds like the perfect thing to cure it once and for all.

http://www.candidaplan.com/

Dr Jeff McComb
    “Slow bowels definitely contribute to IBS. They lead to increased fermentation and generation of toxic byproducts. They also cause an increased level of reabsorption of toxins. Normal bowel movements should be 3-4 times a day. That’s textbook physiology. Since the skin is continuous with the digestive tract, it can reflect what’s happening inside the digestive tract. For this reason, colonics can have dramatic results constipation is present. They help to clear out the waste material and decrease inflammation.

I usually recommend that people take Trace Minerals Concentrace at 40-80 drops in water, 2-3 times a day. ADJUST up or down depending on results. Herbal colon cleansers can work just as well, but they cause the body to flush water into the colon to eliminate irritation created by one or more of the herbs present. Concentrace minerals pull more water into the colon by osmosis, so there’s no increased irritation to the cells lining the intestinal tract. Whichever one works for you, use it. It’s more important to move the bowels in your case than not. The folliculitis is probably part of your body’s detoxification response, as the skin is the largest detoxification organ in the body.”

Dr Eric Bakker
    “If it was me, I wouldn’t take a THING till I had a stool analysis. You say Accutane???? and penicillin for about ten years. My God, I’d love to know what is happening in your digestive system! Isotretinoin (the active in accutane) is a devil of a drug, I have seen personaly many cases of inflammatory bowel disease in patients taking accutane. They sayy the inflam. bowel disease is “rare” in folks who take this drug, but look at the wikipedia page on this crap: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin

Do some Dr. Google searches, the combo of isotretinoin and antibiotics can create serious digestive issues. You may have drug residues in your liver still.
    A CDSA (comprehensive stool test) will dig up a lot of very usful information. I’d like to know for example what your sIgA levels are. This is your digestive system’s immune marker. You may need to “clean up” first before you can seriously get that digestive system working really well. If you don’t recover on the above mentioned suggestions, and keep on recovering, get the stool test.”

Zadan

Able900, hello, yes I’ve seen those……….but I hope those side effects are not going to be permanent, as I am experiencing some of these side effects and I want them to stop!!!

Alot of my symptoms mimic that of adrenal fatigue, is that a byproduct of long term candida? I know that my elimination is backed up which effects my liver which in turn would probably affect other organs………….would the diet help me eliminate regularly??

Also, could you please send me the Candida diet, thank you!

Zadan

Unionnothing, what kind of IBS symptoms did you experience? I’ve read about Dr. Mccombs diet, but theres so many different variations of candida diet, hard to know what is the best one.

I am from Canada and I’ve asked my doctor for stool testing but she says it is necessary…….very frustrating, what can I do to clear any left over accutane in my system???

Thanks,

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would do a forum search on accutane because there have been many forum members in the past that have come here after using this product.

Also, I am unsure if acne is still a problem or not, but if you tried the diet, your acne should go away. Acne is more closely related to what you eat and your digestive health more than any other factor.

There are many candida diets. Some allow fruit, some do not. The only problem is fruit contains sugar and candida feeds on sugar so it can be problematic for those with a chronic overgrowth. I personally think fruit is ok after being on the diet for awhile (for most people) but you should be very strict starting out. We developed a strict forum diet that most people on the forum follow; it may be highly restrictive but its a good way to go if you want to get better as quickly as possible. Email able900 for a copy.

There are a lot of candida tests you can do and convincing your doctor to get them may be difficult. Western doctors won’t acknowledge gut flora disorders or digestive disorders typically and don’t really know how to treat them unfortunately. They also believe medications don’t really have serious side effects even though it says on the label that they can cause all sorts of problems.

If you were to focus on detoxing, this is the best way to get toxins out of the body. You can do this in a variety of ways…the most typical involve supporting the liver and sweating out the toxins via the skin, the bodies largest organ. You can sweat out the toxins by doing a hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room, etc. or even a hot bath. I can share some links about detoxing methods if you are interested.

I wouldn’t look at all of this as bad thing but a good thing because now you can get healthy again and get off the crap medication.

-raster

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would do a forum search on accutane because there have been many forum members in the past that have come here after using this product.

Also, I am unsure if acne is still a problem or not, but if you tried the diet, your acne should go away. Acne is more closely related to what you eat and your digestive health more than any other factor.

There are many candida diets. Some allow fruit, some do not. The only problem is fruit contains sugar and candida feeds on sugar so it can be problematic for those with a chronic overgrowth. I personally think fruit is ok after being on the diet for awhile (for most people) but you should be very strict starting out. We developed a strict forum diet that most people on the forum follow; it may be highly restrictive but its a good way to go if you want to get better as quickly as possible. Email able900 for a copy.

There are a lot of candida tests you can do and convincing your doctor to get them may be difficult. Western doctors won’t acknowledge gut flora disorders or digestive disorders typically and don’t really know how to treat them unfortunately. They also believe medications don’t really have serious side effects even though it says on the label that they can cause all sorts of problems.

If you were to focus on detoxing, this is the best way to get toxins out of the body. You can do this in a variety of ways…the most typical involve supporting the liver and sweating out the toxins via the skin, the bodies largest organ. You can sweat out the toxins by doing a hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room, etc. or even a hot bath. I can share some links about detoxing methods if you are interested.

I wouldn’t look at all of this as bad thing but a good thing because now you can get healthy again and get off the crap medication.

-raster

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

Zadan;43281 wrote: Hello everyone, I took the drug Accutane for Acne in highschool, which was well over 10 years ago. Ever since then I haven’t been the same, I don’t have regular bowel movements, my color of my stool varies day to day, sometimes there is blood. In the past few years its gotten worse, I started to lose hair all over my body, developed eczema on my face, trouble sleeping at night, low libido, inability to gain weight, itchy skin………the list goes on and on.

Hi Zadan,

I have used Accutane in early 2009,a and I also suspected Accutane as a cause for my Candida issue.

But, after finding out about Candida, I realized that I had Candida issues even before using Accutane, but I didn’t know that it was Candida at that point.

After I found out about Candida, I started the diet in 2011, was on the strict protocol designed by few members here in this forum for about 6 months in 2012. I lost a lot weight which I didn’t want to. I am finding it to difficult to gain back that weight. The diet was making me weak and lack of energy. Then realised that the protocol wasn’t curing me but just suppressing few of my symptoms. That too may be because I was using antifungals, but not because I was avoiding basic food.

Then went back to the diet mentioned on the original website (not the one mentioned by forum members). Started seeing doctors, after changing 4-5 doctors luckily found one who cures candida. He tested me for heavy metal toxicity, and found out I was highly mercury toxic. He started me on a mercury detox program, and said that once the mercury is removed the candida should be gone.

I asked the doctor about Accutane, and he said that it can cause some damage being a powerful drug, but he mentioned that once mercury is removed candida should be gone.

I did check with few members on CureZone, and frequent-dose-chelation yahoo groups whose candida was gone after Mercury Chelation, and started a Mercury Detox Program a month ago.

My Suggestions:

1. Try to find the root cause for your candida issue. – dont blindly go on the strict diet assuming it will cure in 1-2 years. Go with a moderate one, like the one on the original website. Though Accutane might have played a role it shouldn’t hold on you from curing. This is according to my doctor.

2. Try to check with people if they are really cured following their methods, before they suggest you anything.

3. The Acne itself might have been caused by some issue in your body (like mercury in mine), which is also causing candida. With out addressing that issue, no protocols for killing candida will cure you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Candida…….caused by Accutane???’ is closed to new replies.