Candida Baby

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida Baby

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mamagibbs4 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mamagibbs4
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

How do you do a yeast cleanse in a 10 month-old baby? My babe and I both developed a yeast overgrowth from the massive dose of antibiotic they gave me at the hospital when I was in labor with her. They do this when you test positive for -shucks- I think it’s group B Strep. Baby has had thrush for the last 9 months, and I have had recurring vaginal infections for a long time. After 8 months of treating her with Nystatin, I knew something was up. We figured out that we had an overgrowth of yeast and can’t beat the thrush until we beat the candida overgrowth. I am undergoing a cleanse myself, but how do I treat baby? Other than not giving her fruit or sugar, and using an infant probiotic, is there more I should be doing?

ascott
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

So sorry to hear about you and your baby! I am currently on the cleanse myself. You have me wondering if I was the reason for my youngest’s thrush when he was an infant! We tried conventional medicine as well with him and it came right back. Coconut oil seemed to be the answer for us…..and lots of prayer! Just rub it in their cheeks, gums and tongue often. Are you nursing? If so, treat yourself everytime you feed. I hope this helps!!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

mamagibbs4 wrote: How do you do a yeast cleanse in a 10 month-old baby? My babe and I both developed a yeast overgrowth from the massive dose of antibiotic they gave me at the hospital when I was in labor with her. They do this when you test positive for -shucks- I think it’s group B Strep. Baby has had thrush for the last 9 months, and I have had recurring vaginal infections for a long time. After 8 months of treating her with Nystatin, I knew something was up. We figured out that we had an overgrowth of yeast and can’t beat the thrush until we beat the candida overgrowth. I am undergoing a cleanse myself, but how do I treat baby? Other than not giving her fruit or sugar, and using an infant probiotic, is there more I should be doing?

What is your MD saying? After 8 month he should have said anything to you?
    yours
    thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mamagibbs4 wrote: How do you do a yeast cleanse in a 10 month-old baby? My babe and I both developed a yeast overgrowth from the massive dose of antibiotic they gave me at the hospital when I was in labor with her. They do this when you test positive for -shucks- I think it’s group B Strep. Baby has had thrush for the last 9 months, and I have had recurring vaginal infections for a long time. After 8 months of treating her with Nystatin, I knew something was up. We figured out that we had an overgrowth of yeast and can’t beat the thrush until we beat the candida overgrowth. I am undergoing a cleanse myself, but how do I treat baby? Other than not giving her fruit or sugar, and using an infant probiotic, is there more I should be doing?

I would add kefir and sugar-free Greek yogurt to her diet. Try to give her a lot of green vegetable baby foods instead of the carb laden ones such as carrots, peas, and sweet potatoes. If you can blend the vegetables that you are eating and feed her these, it would be even more beneficial for her.

Able

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

My son got oral thrush from me through breastfeeding. We put two drops of GSE in 8oz. water and wiped his tongue with it twice a day or more. It was gone in two weeks.

I realize you may have a bigger case of yeast due to what you went through. However, this can help in the mouth. Good luck to you.

mamagibbs4
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

Thanks so much for the info! What is GSE?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Candida Baby’ is closed to new replies.