Candida and uti symptoms?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida and uti symptoms?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Halzbaby 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Sophs
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

Hi, wondering if anyone could help, I not long ago went through large amounts of stress and ended up with nausea and indegestion every time I ate something. I was prescribed omeperozle and symptoms remained the same and didn’t go. Eventually symptoms eased and went away only for me to be plagued with UTI symptoms. Clear urine culture everytime but chronic symptoms of cystitis. Blood tests were fine and vaginal swabs were fine. Could this be candida over growth? As ive never had bladder problems. Only since I started having indegestion with constipation. I notice bananas make me feel much worse too?
    Hope someone can help. Thank you

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

PPIs like omeperozle lower your stomach acid, but that’s often just papering over the cracks. Most people would be better served by improving their digestion -things like probiotics, digestive enzymes, dietary changes etc. PPIs are one of the causes of Candida overgrowth and other types of gut dysbiosis.

Read this:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/how-important-is-stomach-acid/

Sophs
    Participant

Oh that really makes sense.
    I also noticed when I took off my nail varnish on my toes I had toe nail fungus om my big toe ( sorry for tmi ) when I googled it yeast overgrowth popped up.
    I thought how weird.
    Maybe I should try the diet.
    Do anyone know if yeast raiders are okay ? From Holland and Barretts. I will also buy bioglan probitoics 50billion.
    Not sure if them two were help

Wiley200
    Participant

50bn sounds like a good probiotic. Not sure about yeast raiders – do you have an ingredient list?

Wiley200
    Participant

Your skin has a microbiome, just like your gut does. The wrong diet and lifestyle choices can disturb your skin flora too. That’s why intestinal Candida can often co-exist with things like toenail fungus.

Sophs
    Participant

Hey yes here you go …

High strength Acidophilus plus Herbs, Vitamins & MineralsWith 40mg Lactobacillus Acidophilus per 5 capsulesAlso with Vitamin C, Biotin, Zinc & Selenium

Holland & Barrett Yeast Raiders Capsules contain high potency acidophilus PLUS herbs, vitamins and minerals. With vitamin C, biotin, zinc, selenium and barberry (Berberis vulgaris), these high strength acidophilus capsules are a naturally inspired rapid release food supplement.

Or would I be better off buying separate turmeric capsules etc?

Sophs
    Participant

Sorry that wasnt the right part
    Here’s the nutrition …

Product InformationFive capsules contain: %EC RDA*Vitamin C60mg 100%Biotin900µg 600%Zinc10mg 67%Selenium50µg **Freeze Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus40mg **

(supplying 2.4 x 109 viable cells)

Barberry (Berberis vulgaris) (root)100mg **Natural Caprylic Acid100mg **Fibre Blend3,000mg **

(Psyllium Seed Husks (Plantago ovata), Guar Gum, Apple Pectin)

Concentrated Odourless Garlic Extract100mg **

(Allium sativum) (bulb) (equivalent to 15,000mg of fresh Garlic)

Ginger (Zingiber officinale) (root)10mg **Proprietary Blend18mg **

(Pau D’Arco (Tabebuia impetiginosa) (aerial), Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea) (aerial), Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) (root))

*RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance

Wiley200
    Participant

Here’s the problem with things like that Yeast Raiders supplement. They often contain lots of really good ingredients, but at really low doses. And they’re often much more expensive than buying the individual components.

In this case, there’s no point in paying for a small dose of Lactobacillus acidophilus in the Yeast Raiders, when you’re getting 40bn from your probiotic. Also, it doesn’t contain any of the natural antifungals that are usually recommended – grapefruit seed extract, caprylic acid, etc.

Wiley200
    Participant

OK, so you’re only getting 2.4bn L. acidophilus from the Yeast Raiders.

Sophs
    Participant

Ahh okay understandable. What would you recommend I buy along with the probiotics?
    I really haven’t got a clue what doses etc is recommended either

Wiley200
    Participant

Most people buy a couple of single dose antifungals to go with the probiotics. They are inexpensive compared to the combination supplements. Examples are grapefruit seed extract, caprylic acid, garlic, etc. Just make sure that you take them a couple of hours away from your probiotics each time.

Sophs
    Participant

Brilliant thank you. The only problem I have buying separate is that I struggle to take tablets 🙁 So I was hoping for something all in one. How about candaway supplements. They contain this ..

Typically per tablet

Cinnamon Bark (provided by 750mg extract)3750mg

Olive Leaf (provided by 180mg extract)810mg

Oregano (provided by 100mg extract)400mg

Fennel Seed (provided by 100mg extract)400mg

Would they be okay with my probiotics?
    Thanks for helping me!

Wiley200
    Participant

Sophs
    Participant

I am in the UK yes.
    Oo are they good ones?
    They only have one review, I will order them if you think they are good.

Halzbaby
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

Consider adding turmeric to your diet to help control inflammation in addition to treating the yeast. If you’re coming back with no UTI and feeling the symptoms, it could also be bladder inflammation. It wont hurt 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Candida and uti symptoms?’ is closed to new replies.