Candida and Tonsil stones help needed!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida and Tonsil stones help needed!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Melony2223 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Manx
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi there fellow strugglers!

I´ve been suffering with tonsil stones on and off for about ten years now. About a year ago it started getting worse and it started occurring more and more often. It´s hell!
    Looking for solutions on the internet I found many claiming it was caused by candida. Reading in to the symptoms I recognized many of them, especially about gas problems and fatigue.
    Since I guess I have good metabolism and don´t gain weight easily I´ve always been eating what ever I´ve felt like, which means ALLOT of sugar and carbs/starch! A few candy bars, 2 liters of Coca Cola or more, fast food, potato chips and snacks was all part of my everyday intake.
    A month ago I started to give this candida a try.
    Every day for the last month my diet has only been consisting of this:

Eggs
    Chicken

Lettuce
    Onions
    Garlic
    Cucumber
    Lemon juice

Plain Yoghurt Bifidus

Salt
    Pepper
    Tabasco
    Thyme
    Oregano

Some roasted and salted almonds occasionally

Water and nothing else

2*2 capsules of NOW foods Cadida Clear
    1*5 or 2*5 drops of Oil of Oregano (origanum compactum)

I did not do a proper cleans, I just started straight with this diet.
    I have not found any improvement with my tonsil stone problems, bubbly stomach and gases, neither have I experienced any die-off symptoms to speak of. What am I doing wrong!?

Questions:
    * Should I start over again starting with a proper cleans?
    * Carrots OK or not?
    * Is there a big difference between raw apple cider vinegar and the one you find in the supermarket (pasteurized and with antioxidants?)
    * Tabsco does contain vinegar, but since you only use a few drops, is it harmful?
    * Why is alcohol so bad? How does it affect the candida, (plain straight vodka or gin)
    * Which is the best antifungal? Is NOW foods Candida Clear good enough? Been reading about Threelac to be the superior one out there?

*Is Diflucan or Nystatin safe bets? Maybe the next step? Anyone with experience?

If nothing else helps I think I will have to go have my tonsils removed in hope to get my life back. It´s hell and really hard to have a normal life with these darned things!

Sorry for all my questions here but I´m quite new to this and really desperate!
    Thank you all potential life savers so far!

Best regards! /Manx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Manx;39942 wrote: I´ve been suffering with tonsil stones on and off for about ten years now. About a year ago it started getting worse and it started occurring more and more often. It´s hell!

Hello, Manx.

An oral fungal infection, whether yeast or Candida, as well as lipid-coated virus or bacteria can result in a rapid creation of tonsil stones. A “clean” diet such as the strict Candida diet as well as other supplements like as lauric acid can normally inactivate all of these microorganisms and therefore the stones. But it doesn’t normally happen quickly, it’s a process.

* Should I start over again starting with a proper cleans?

That’s completely up to you. You could also start with the diet that most of the forum members are using. If you want a link to the diet, just let me know.

* Carrots OK or not?

They’re going to change into sugar when they’re broken down during digestion, which is why they’re not on the strict diet.

* Is there a big difference between raw apple cider vinegar and the one you find in the supermarket (pasteurized and with antioxidants?)

A huge difference.

* Tabsco does contain vinegar, but since you only use a few drops, is it harmful?

If it contains distilled white vinegar, it’s dangerous to your treatment.

* Why is alcohol so bad? How does it affect the candida, (plain straight vodka or gin)

A long story short: Candida releases ethanol (alcohol) in order to benefit their environment in your intestines. You’d only be helping them to have a better environment in which to survive and multiply if you drink it. Candida albicans are already releasing enough alcohol in the body that people with an infestation often experience brain fogginess, hangover-like symptoms, and a slight feeling of intoxication, even when they haven’t ingested any alcohol at all.

* Which is the best antifungal? Is NOW foods Candida Clear good enough? Been reading about Threelac to be the superior one out there?

Threelac is completely useless, it’s all hype. Read our post below with the testimonies to the protocol and diet. Let us know if you wish to follow the diet and protocol.
    Testimonies to the Diet and Protocol

*Is Diflucan or Nystatin safe bets? Maybe the next step? Anyone with experience?

Nystatin is supposed to the best as far as the specific properties are concerned.

Able

Manx

Hello Able!
    Thanks for the reply! It´s highly appreciated!

I do understand it´s a process and it might take time, it´s just that, as you surely know, it´s so frustrating! Then when you read that other people start noticing effects (die-off or others) after just a few weeks you get afraid you´re doing something wrong and all your efforts are in vain. I want to make sure I´m doing it as right as I can now!

I would love to have a look at the “forum diet”!
    I assume my diet did´nt look helpful enough?

Regarding your answer about the apple cider vinegar I take it I should stay away from the “supermarket one”. It won´t help at all? (It´s the only one I´ve found here so far)

Thanks again Able!
    /Micke

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Yep, in the mid 90’s I got tonsil stones month after month which was never cultured and considered “step throat” simply by visual inspection. After months and months of cycles of antibiotics, from the usual to very strong broad spectrum gram positive and then gram negative didn’t work.

It got so bad, I had a day road trip to Reno from SF for a two day convention and by the time I got to reno, I was so sick I had to give my car keys to my business associate to drive back home for me while I arranged to immediately take the next puddle jumper back to SF. I got so seriously ill on the plane ride, they got emergency landing and I was carted off the plane by an ambulance crew who took me to the hospital. Later than night, after IV bags of antibiotics I was released from the ER with a Antibiotic script in hand. D’oH.

That event ended up at a local ENT who took one look and said it was strep and I needed to have my tonsils removed immediately as they had little nooks and crannies in them where the strep lived and would seep out to cause the reoccurring monthly infections. So, I got my tonsils removed and haven’t had an issue with stones since. However, in hindsight and looking at pictures of bad Oral Thrush cases. Besides, NO ONE, over three doc’s did any one ever take a culture to verify what the stones were.

I’m convinced they were Candida/Thrush at this stage.

So, I sympathize with where you are at. You might consider reading about and starting “oil pulling” with EV coconut oil which should help but, if the stones are buried in the nooks and crannies I’m not sure how effective of a cure it will be but, oil pulling will help: no doubt.

Wishing you nothing but, blessings of healing graces along you journey.

NinaMarie
    Replies: 10

Hello,

I suspected I had candida/thrush a long long time ago so I went to an ENT. He took one look at my mouth and told me I didn’t have thrush but said my tonsils were as big as “golf balls” lol! In all seriousness, he tried to treat my tonsils with steroids and some other meds to see if they would return back to regular size. For years my tonsils always felt swollen and like there was a piece of hard food that wouldnt go down. Anyway, after a month of steroids and other meds, it was determined they had to come out. I got them out and my ENT said he found a stone lodged in the tonsils. Now post surgery is extremely painful. ENT’s give you these high powered meds that some folks can take full swing and be fine. But I was convinced I had a candida/thrush issue so…I didn’t take the prescribed meds. Talk about wanting to just be punched unconscious to avoid the extreme pain. For me, post surgery healing was 6 weeks. I felt 85 percent better by week 4. So if I were you I would get the surgery because you may have a stone or more back there. Furthermore, my tonsils affected my breathing when I tried to sleep at night. It’s much better now.

Able900
    Spectator

Manx;39983 wrote: I do understand it´s a process and it might take time, it´s just that, as you surely know, it´s so frustrating! Then when you read that other people start noticing effects (die-off or others) after just a few weeks you get afraid you´re doing something wrong and all your efforts are in vain.

I want to make sure I´m doing it as right as I can now!

You won’t have to worry about ‘doing it right’ if you follow the strict diet and protocol. At least you’ll find out if your Candida overgrowth
    is self-curable, which most cases are.

I would love to have a look at the “forum diet”!

I’ll send it by private message; just check your inbox on the forum.

I assume my diet did´nt look helpful enough?

The problem is, if a food such as carrots, which turns into sugar, is continued, then you’re continuing to feed the Candida; since you’re using antifungals, this turns into a cycle of feeding and then killing and then feeding the Candida again which just keeps the infestation going.

Regarding your answer about the apple cider vinegar I take it I should stay away from the “supermarket one”. It won´t help at all? (It´s the only one I´ve found here so far)

Not unless it’s pure apple cider vinegar which means it contains the ‘mother’ and is usually sold in health food stores.
    You know, you don’t really have to have ACV in order to treat the infestation.

Able

jay253
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 43

i got my tonsles removed my gf had the same problem but now hers are clear and i can see right in them im not sure what cured her we went vegan for 3 years but ate flour tortes but no bread i think it was the mix of bread and meat makeing them fill up! try to gargle allot with herb teas maybe some oregano oil 4 drops in tea with coconut oil added

Manx

Hello all!

First of all thanks allot for all the support, storys and helpful information! You are wonderful people for taking time to share!

As for my condition there´s still no significant progress. At the moment I´m still on my own same diet as before though…
    However I did find some coconut oil today (Pride 100% pure Coconut Oil by Westmil). I did some research and to my disappointment found it to be refined of course. But maybe it will still be good enough to kill some Candida for me?

Medium Chain Fatty Acids
    A highly saturated oil, three-quarters of coconut oil comes in the form of the medium chain fatty acids. These unique compounds, a subdivision of saturated fat only found in high concentrations in coconut oil, can help support the immune system and eradicate yeast infections. Fife explains how these acids can diffuse into the cell membrane of a fungal cell before causing its death by dissolving. Because of their saturated nature, the medium chain fats remain stable in both the refined and unrefined oil.”

http://www.livestrong.com/article/318185-refined-vs-unrefined-coconut-oil/

Before I give it a try I´ll try to see if I can get some “Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate”, Milk Thistle and Nettle Leaf!
    Thanks for the warnings (Able)!

Able:
    Big thanks to you! I´ve decided to continue my present diet for the time being with some refinement and tweaks as they come along. However, I have a months holiday coming up in the end of April, if I´m still not seeing any progress by then I will convert to your diet, starting with a proper cleans.

Tonsil removers:
    What´s the procedure for having the tonsils removed? How is it done? Painful? Recovery time? Complications etc?

Once again, BIG thanks to all of you!
    At least now I have some hope!

Able900
    Spectator

Manx;40196 wrote: Tonsil removers:
    What´s the procedure for having the tonsils removed? How is it done? Painful? Recovery time? Complications etc?

Hello, Manx.

You really should try to find virgin coconut oil next time; this is the only type we recommend on the forum.

Here’s a quote about the various ways the tonsils can be removed:

“There are three main types of tonsillectomies. Cauterization is when the tonsils are burned out. Another method is to cut the tonsils out with a scalpel or wire-saw loop and then stitch up the incisions. Another method is called electrocauterization, where the tonsils are removed with a scalpel, but instead of stitches, burning is used to seal up the wounds. Laser surgery is the newest method, but it is controversial due to the close spaces and proximity of the easily damaged throat.”

I had my tonsils and adenoids both removed as a kid; all I remember was what seemed to me at the time to be a pretty sore throat
    for a few days … and eating lots of ice cream.

Able

Manx

Hi there Able!

Ha ha, eating lots of ice cram sounds great!

I’m looking into if it’s possible to try and produce some EVC myself. Otherwise, just plain raw cocunut should do the trick, shouldn’t it?

and just a quicky:
    Hot Green Cillies ok?

/Manx

Melony2223
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I think the diet you’re on right now is a good idea. But make sure you avoid drinking dairy products like milk too. For some reason dairy products can cause tonsil stones to develop. According to http://tonsilstoneremoval.org/what-causes-tonsil-stones-the-most-common-causes-and-how-to-prevent-them/ this is a huge cause.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Candida and Tonsil stones help needed!’ is closed to new replies.