Candida and Leaky Gut?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Candida and Leaky Gut?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dominover 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dominover
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hi
    I have a question regarding leaky gut syndrome and Candida.

I understand what these are.

My understanding is that candida overgrowth in your stomach hinders your stomachs ability to
    break down food. Those undigested food particles move from your stomach to your small intestine and eventually cause what is known as leaky gut syndrome.(buy increasing the permeability of your intestine).

My question is this….
    If you do manage to heal your stomach from Candida overgrowth, then would you still get bloating from your drinking say, coffee, from when this reaches your small intestine. I’m just wondering that if my stomach acids, candida overgrowth and all the other breaking down functions are working (by ‘breaking down’ I mean breaking down food), then would I still get symptoms from leaky gut such as the bloating I have mentioned.

The reason I ask is this. I currently can’t have FODMAPS or starchy foods, coffee, alcohol etc.
    But if I can’t have FODMAPS and the diet surrounding FODMAPS suggests that banana’s are OK due to the sugar type they contain, then would’t the sugar in the bananas hinder the battle against candida overgrowth? If that’s the case, banana’s may be good for my small intestine but not good for my stomach where the food breaks down. Does this mean that I have to heal the candida overgrowth before I can eat bananas which are good for my small intestine?

If anyone can answer this it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ya bananas aren’t allowed on the diet. Very high in sugar, high in starch and molds.

Bloating and leaky gut are not that related as far as I know. Leaky gut has to do with allergies and allergic reactions. If you feel immediately bad after eating a banana and get a burn feeling throughout your body, this is an allergic reaction.

Bloating is likely more related to deficiencies in digestive enzymes, not chewing your food enough (are you chewing 30+ times per each bite), lack of stomach acid, liver health, and/or the existence of yeast in the gut. Its also very mcuh related to constipation…if you don’t poop enough, guess what happens?

-raster

dominover
    Participant

It’s a really confusing picture.
    The gut can totally regenerate itself in 5 days, so after 5 days I should be able to have things which will bring my energy up if I have leaky gut??

With leaky gut, everything is a struggle. If coffee is bloating me then how is this related to Candida. Coffee+Candida should not = bloating. But it’s when this coffee reaches the small intestine and breaches the cell barrier and enters your blood stream we have problems. Even an allergic reaction I’m not sure results in bloating.

So I’m trying to understand, if my got is totally healed then why in the world would I still get bloating.. All the websites regarding leaky gut say that bloating is a symptom of leaky gut but never go into how this occurs???

Murky water, cloudy skies…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d just cut out the things that cause the bloating, problem solved. Leaky gut also has to do with inflammation and coffee is highly inflammatory. If you are eating inflammatory foods, then this is likely causing the bloating by itself. Check out your foods here:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

What are you doing to reduce the inflammation?

-raster

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

I’ve never heard of leaky gut being healed in 5 days. Everything I’ve ever read on healing a leaky gut is that its many months to a couple of years to heal.

dominover
    Participant

I didn’t actually say that leaky gut can be healed in 5 days.. Actually the term ‘Leaky Gut’ is a very misleading term. It’s your intestine ‘Leaky Gut’ is referring to. The contents of your ‘Gut’ breaching your intestine walls.

So your ‘Gut’/’Stomach’ area where the food is broken down should regenerate within 5 days. If food is being broken down properly then it will allow your intestine to heal as undigested food particles aren’t finding their way down into your small intestine. So in summary.. ‘Leaky Gut’ really should be referred to as ‘Leaky Intestine’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Candida and Leaky Gut?’ is closed to new replies.